By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 5

I might, if it gets good reviews, but it'll probably be the last one for me.. i'm giving the COD franshise the benefit of the doubt here because COD4 was top notch, but if they keep going with the same tired out formula after 5, I gotta draw the line. Although MoH Heroes 2 is the only other WWII based game I currently own so I'm not as sick of the WWII games as much as most people. But yeah they're definetly milking the WWII thing for all its worth. Hopefully devs will start to use their imagination and create games based on stories that didn't actually happen.

Around the Network

To be fair, "Modern Warfare" is just a World War 2 shooter wearing a modern mask; it almost identical to the WW2 games.

So you get slightly different backgrounds, renamed/drawn weapons, and really, really similar gameplay.

I won't buy it because CoD bores me unless its multiplaer, for go over to one of my friends houses, or borrow the game.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

COD4 was my first step into the Call of Duty franchise and I'd hate to see it regress back to WWII. Nonetheless, I'll probably give it a fair shot and I'll consider a success in my eyes if they keep the aspects that made COD4 one of my favorite shooters. If not, then I probably won't return to this series until Infinity Ward takes the reigns again.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

blaydcor said:
To be fair, "Modern Warfare" is just a World War 2 shooter wearing a modern mask; it almost identical to the WW2 games.

So you get slightly different backgrounds, renamed/drawn weapons, and really, really similar gameplay.

I won't buy it because CoD bores me unless its multiplaer, for go over to one of my friends houses, or borrow the game.

I agree and that's how I feel 100% about COD4, that it's Call of Duty 2 with a new coat of paint. However, when it's Infinity Ward behind the reigns, it's usually a good time of gaming. Call of Duty 2 and 4 rock in my opinion and are fun to play despite being similar in gameplay. 

No Infinity Ward = no purchase.
WWII = no purchase.

When CoD5 comes out, I'll just play some more CoD4.

Around the Network

Where's my World War 1 shooter? Infinty Ward get on it.

hope it actually comes out on Wii

blaydcor said:

Excepting the AC-130 mission, the sniper mission, the airstrikes, and a few of the other missions in CoD4, of course.

Have you even played the single player game? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I won't buy it nor will any of my friends plus we will have gears of war 2 :)

Deviation59 said:
No Infinity Ward = no purchase.
WWII = no purchase.

When CoD5 comes out, I'll just play some more CoD4.

My favourite post so far! Gets right to the point!

It would have to be, if its even possible, an original world war 2 shooter for me to buy it. By this i mean don't just make it killing a bunch of stupid nazis or japanese, put a new twist on it somehow. I don't have any ideas currently, i'll leave the idea making to the pros!

Maybe somebody will knock some sense into treyarch and they will make a game we've never really seen before like: The Vietnam/Korean war, WWI as somebody said, something even older like the american revolution, or make up a damn war! Say the french invaded russia and make up a war!