By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Just out of pure curiousity: Do "japanese" figure include all asian sales?

Yeah, Im kinda curious about this since I dont know what kind of numbers we have on the system in places like India, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand Etc.

But Im not sure if they are or aren't included in the sales figures of the weekly sales. I might've missed something but it does seem like that they are all inserted under "japanese sales" for convience.

So how does it work?

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Japan is only Japan sales. All other Asian countries are included in other.

Thanks for the quick response Fishy.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

My question would be once China, Korea, and other Asian contries are in the Mix with they make it-

Asian, Japan, NA, Others?
or Europe, Others, NA, Japan
or Pile Japan into asian, and have Asian, Europe, NA
or keep it the same and add china into Others...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Well, IMO it should be:

UK
Others

But, that's probably not very logical. One would think that once the rest of Asia becomes a more established market, that it will be bundled in, and grouped with, Japan.

Around the Network

I think ioi was talking something about making the division "America, Japan, Europe, Others", or maybe even adding Asia as a third territory. Europe is a bigger console market than the whole of Asia combined, so it would be much more logical as the next territory.

UK and Others sounds about right to me Samuel

I think they should keep Japan seperate because it is the most accurate data on the site. We have two weekly sales data companies to back up the number. That is the only reason Japan is seperate.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

DSLover - and so it should. We've got to go about convincing everyone else, though.

I'll take Munkeh111 and TwRoO. You take the mods, admins, and everyone from the 'Others' category.

SamuelRSmith said:
DSLover - and so it should. We've got to go about convincing everyone else, though.

I'll take Munkeh111 and TwRoO. You take the mods, admins, and everyone from the 'Others' category.

Way to make things easy on yourself, lol.  Don't forget darthdevidem01.  He's from the UK as well, I'm pretty sure.