By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is now time to buy nintendo shares ??

Desroko said:
Anyone with money can buy into Japanese publicly-traded corporations.

The ones traded in Japan go for well over thousands of dollars per share, so this is a tad impractical. There is a second stock that is traded in the US, for much more reasonable prices, so yes, you can invest in Nintendo, and the best time to invest in a stock is when the price is a) low, b) expected to rise. If you are looking for a short term investment, now is probably not the absolute best time to invest, as the stock should go a little lower before coming back up. As a longer term investment, its not that bad of a time to invest.

Around the Network
truthiness said:
Desroko said:
Anyone with money can buy into Japanese publicly-traded corporations.

The ones traded in Japan go for well over thousands of dollars per share, so this is a tad impractical. There is a second stock that is traded in the US, for much more reasonable prices, so yes, you can invest in Nintendo, and the best time to invest in a stock is when the price is a) low, b) expected to rise. If you are looking for a short term investment, now is probably not the absolute best time to invest, as the stock should go a little lower before coming back up. As a longer term investment, its not that bad of a time to invest.

What's impractical about it? I never suggested one exchange over another.

Now would be the time to buy, they probably are not going to fall any lower.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
Now would be the time to buy, they probably are not going to fall any lower.

I'd wait a bit. The global situation is a bit volatile right now, to say the least, and it's certainly possible that the markets could tumble a bit more.

Prices may rise temorarily tomorrow in recognition of the good day the US markets had, so watch out for that.

buy now, they will jump again in march when Nintendo announces they have increased production, and exceeded their fiscal estimates.

The only "safe" stocks right now are media. During recessions they usually take very little hit.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

If I could buy stocks in Nintendo, I would buy them before march/april, because that dip will probably be ending around that time.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

You should ahe done it years earlier, today I don't know how they can even do better.

__XBrawlX__ said:
If I could buy stocks in Nintendo, I would buy them before march/april, because that dip will probably be ending around that time.

I concur, Im going to wait untill the dip starts going up then buy 20 shares hopefully in dips down to 50/share that would be nice a grand for 20 shares. Anyone current holders have pointers on who to purchase the shares from?

I have owned Nintendo stock since May and now is the time. The stock is down because of the general market trends. As soon as people realize that Nintendo is still kicking ass it will jump up really quickly.

They will keep rising as long as nintendo exceeds their forcast. They will remain steady if nintendo meets expectations. And obiously will fall if they do not.

There is alot more to it, You have to remember that the Market is driven by 2 things... fear and greed

Right now fear is what is controlling the market... It has nothing to do with Nintendo with their stock falling... Buy now, they will recover that 10% in no time... and then you make a quick 10% profit : )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut