By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Info on Sony

Im doing an international business and culture assignment on SCE division specifically and I can write a whole essay easily about how sony need to adapt to different cultures and different markets etc. thats what its about just by being on these forums. problem is I need to reference everything and forums arnt acceptable. Does anyone have any really good articles on SCE business culture and how they deal with foreign markets etc. 

also does any one have any graphs on data like profits per year since ps1 came out. 

any help would be appreciated. 

Around the Network

Why don't you do it on Microsoft.. failing to adapt to Japanese Markets?

Try this http://kotaku.com/5960411/how-sony-is-turning-into-a-ghost-in-japan-and-around-the-world

It's Kotaku but it's still an interesting read, even if it's very pessimistic. I think Sony might be in a better position now than when this was written, though.

thanks guys legends

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

you dont happen to have a source for that do you.

Wlakiz said:

Really? Microsoft did a ton for the Japanese but they didn't care. The Xbox 360 was hope to a lot of JRPG and the PS3 was not available for a year. Instead of embracing the 360 and it's JRPGs like Lost Odyssey the Japanese gaming public waited for their native Sony to give them the same. I don't think MS failed to adapt, I think the Japanese just don't want western anything. It took Apple a decade to catch on and only after the iPhone and iPad had already spread to every corner of the world.

I still don't understand what the Japanese have against MS. Halo is so damn good they don't know what they're missing.

kain_kusanagi said:
Wlakiz said:

Really? Microsoft did a ton for the Japanese but they didn't care. The Xbox 360 was hope to a lot of JRPG and the PS3 was not available for a year. Instead of embracing the 360 and it's JRPGs like Lost Odyssey the Japanese gaming public waited for their native Sony to give them the same. I don't think MS failed to adapt, I think the Japanese just don't want western anything. It took Apple a decade to catch on and only after the iPhone and iPad had already spread to every corner of the world.

I still don't understand what the Japanese have against MS. Halo is so damn good they don't know what they're missing.

even Americans tend to support their Native products Xbox and apple. And I have a feeling the next box too will outsell PS4 in US

kain_kusanagi said:
Wlakiz said:

Japan is still an extremely closed and xenophobic society, and there's a lot that an "outsider" needs to do to become recognized and embraced. Did you know that many Japanese actually think McDonald's is a Japanese company? Seriously the Japanese insistance on sticking to native brand names is ridiculously bad. And if you think the repulsion to Western brands is bad, it's even worse towards other Asian brands like those from Korea and China, which attract outright hatred. Although Korea and China hate Japanese just as much... Oh Asia.

yum123 said:

you dont happen to have a source for that do you.

nope, sorry. I did find these in my quest for one though: http://i.imgur.com/EKnzm.png http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/viewer/12q1/slide/image/16_image.jpg