By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - String theory and the multiverse...the answer to Existence.

SxyxS said:

As (i guess)one of the leading string theorists(michio kaku) said":There is 0 proove for the string theory."

The Universe gives a shit about a theory that was invented on an extremly small meaningless planet by even smaller meaningless beings.(and there is another problem with this stupid infinit everything is possible and is happening multiverse theory:
every single second can be devided untill infinity: You can split a second into trillion parts.
Every single part of a second has trillions of possibilities-this would mean that every single fraction of something that has happened(eg collision of 2 atoms)in the universe needs another special universe which needs endless universes .
that's crap.(sadly my english is too bad to explain it in a better way)

Another main problem of your beloved theory is :
You believe that it is important wether GW Bush or Al Gore won the election.
No!
believing that there is a universe where Al Gore won the election=believing that until the election of Al Gore a universe has existed that was exactly like our Universe-until GW Bush was voted.-that's impossible having two planets existing exactly the same way for billions if years until a US election.
Why should this election be the trigger??
Why should the difference start then,after billions of years of synchronicity?-you  think so, because the election was important from your point of view,That's all.
If you believe that there are infinite numbers of universes with endless possibilities you also have to acceppt the theory that there is also an infinite number of universes that are 100% exactly like our universe(imagine trillions of universes gw bush being president of the united states!Can you acceppt this?)

Yes, yes yes yes and yes.  All these possibilities can be diagrammed. 

For instance, you place a mirror in front of one another and you get an identical copy that stretches to infinity matching one another completely.  It is possible.  Say Time(duration), 3 minutes ago will reflect what would happen 3 mintues after that and so on.  That's why this theory is so mind bloggling.  When people say forever, they don't really take in the crazy amount Forever means.

And no, I don't believe at all that we're special, anyone is special, anything is special.  When I posted my examples, I set them only as examples.  Nothing matters in a sea of infinity.  I guess it's just a selfish want on my part to see that we went a different route from what we got. 

Around the Network
wfz said:
Ouroboros24 said:
wfz said:
I don't understand how infinite universes can exist. At any point in time, there are nearly an infinite things happening in our universe, and they can theoretically "happen differently" in an infinite number of ways. Like right now, something as mundane as my breathing - I can change my breathing pattern an an infinite number of ways this very instant. Does that mean there are an infinite number of universes where I do? And my friend does? And everyone else?

There would be far too many infinites going on for me to understand how they create new universes.

Why not?  Infinity has no end.  Even between the numbers of 1 and 2, it can be divided forever.  Between the numbers 1 and 2, can be 1.5.  1.555555555555555555555.  When you breath, the phone could have rung.  When you breath, you could have been thinking about cars.  You could be thinking about ice cream.  About cats.  About dogs.  Clearly, the action of breathing is mundane, but you can't say that the You that is breathing and thinking about trees, is the same You who is thinking about birds.  Similar, but alternate. 

I just can't wrap my head around the idea that an infinite number of universes are being increated at an infinite rate. How the hell can they all exist? What's the purpose? Even if there is no purpose, it just feels strange to me that there would be so...many...infinitely infinite number of worlds... How do they fit...

They can exist with frequency that never touch.  Say your frequency is 1.22 and mine is 1.23.  We would belong to our own frequency and we'd be separate. Think of frames from a movie.  They exist side by side on a whole DVD or Videotape(the omniverse), but they never touch and simply portay a fluid motion of normalcy. 

Purpose comes from you and me and anyone willing.  By its nature, this process would only serve the process.  No meaning, simply you bleed when you are poked.