By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has a lot of haters!

ALL platforms do. LOL. That's why there's f&nb@y wars.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
think-man said:
This guy knows his stuff lol

Follow up to first video

i watched 13 minutes of that. and the sad thing is, everything he says its pretty much true. 

LOL at 14 minutes, when he says people are talking about about 360/ps3, and nobody ever mentions the wii or wiiu is so true.

I don't see the console getting much hate actually. I see a lot of short sighted people making assumptions about its current poor sales continuing and a lot of doom and gloom, but I don't see much actual hate towards it.

What I see indifference, which is far more concerning. Usually something that gets a lot of hate also gets a lot of love, like the Wii. This is because love and hate are actually quite similar, two sides of the same coin. Either way it invokes strong emotions. When something gets frequent and passionate hate, you usually know it'll also get a lot of love and thus success. But with Wii U, I don't see much of either, I only see indifference, and that is not going to get you much success.

Metallicube said:

I don't see the console getting much hate actually. I see a lot of short sighted people making assumptions about its current poor sales continuing and a lot of doom and gloom, but I don't see much actual hate towards it.

What I see indifference, which is far more concerning. Usually something that gets a lot of hate also gets a lot of love, like the Wii. This is because love and hate are actually quite similar, two sides of the same coin. Either way it invokes strong emotions. When something gets frequent and passionate hate, you usually know it'll also get a lot of love and thus success. But with Wii U, I don't see much of either, I only see indifference, and that is not going to get you much success.

Very insightful. We must be visiting different threads. I see a lot of love and a lot of hate.

RazorDragon said:
twilight_link said:
Skeeuk said:

twilight_link said:
most haters are but hurt Sony fanboys, no wonder PS3 is failure of gigantic (multi billion U$D) proportions, with 3rd party ports mostly inferior to their xbox360 counterparts, their first party games are commercially overshadowed even by average 3rd party games, Vita is chapter in itself, most of the so called Sony fans abandoned this ship completely (this completely crushed the myth about hardcore gamers brand loyalty), its failure beyond repair even in Japan. No wonder they scream, and on top of this their platforms were crushed by vastly inferior devices Wii, DS and now 3DS.
Moderated,
-Mr Khan

ps3 is now selling more than the wii and wiiU, in fact wii dropped off years ago with hardly any game support it was a failure imo.

now the funny thing is lol posters like u have no choice but to buy a wiiu just to play ps360 style games how neat is that?

well wii support was terminated years ago by Nintendo, and then the sales slowed down, this is certainly not failure its typical for any platform.

funny thing is I'm uninterested in this games i don't care about xbox360 or ps3 ports, I'm Nintendo fan and i always was years ago, the  so called ps360 games don't interested me at all.

what is funny is fact that you can play most multi platform games on PC with superior graphics, the problem is most so called hdtwins fans are unable to properly configure gaming PC, so they are forced to play horrible ports on inferior platforms, and this is certainly funny. 

the proper question is how funny is to play inferior ports in subhd resolution with meager fps on so called HD platform, how neat is that.

I think your choice of words are harsh, but what you said is true. I mean, with a cheap mid-range gaming PC, you'll get better graphics and much more gameplay options on PC than playing multiplatform games on consoles.  You don't even need to get a new PC at all, if you own a Core 2 Duo or similar, 2GB RAM and your motherboard has a PCI-EX slot you just need to upgrade your graphics card to be able to play new games on high.

This argument shows just how ignorant people are about PS360 library, there is the slew of first party games, lets not forget the whole damn Japanese region where 90% of their games dont see PC release. GTA5 one of the biggest games coming out, might not get a PC release and if it does it will come much later on PC. and the few western games that dont see release on PC. "But, but, i dont care about those games." of course you wouldnt, you dont know they exist or you are willfully ignoring them, but please lets not act like PS360 library is just like the PC one, cause thats a lie.

Around the Network
think-man said:
This guy knows his stuff lol

Follow up to first video

I watched the whole thing and if what this guy says is true, the wii U is a sad device. No wired connection...really? Wow. The whole avatar thing making noise sounds annoying too. And Mario is the supposed killer app where you just jump up and down in a straight line or 3D frame  the whole time in order to rescue a "Princess" that can't afford bodyguards for the 100th time and ironically, people who treasure this stuff criticize shooters for boring gameplay.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

First Nintendo console I didn't get a launch since the NES.

I was a bit dissapointed in the GC, but I could understand why Nintendo couldn't support it better. There were enough games, they just weren't as good as they used to be. Too many of them lacking the Nintendo polish and magic. Then came the Wii, and with sales like that, Nintendo had no excuse not to capitalize on the big userbase, yet it never happened, and the quality fell even further, in their chase to make the idiot gamer happy, at the expense of the loyal fans. I felt fooled with the Wii, and I did not want to be fooled again.

On top of that, there is no game out on the Wii U that I can't wait to play. I want to try the Nintendo games, but I'm not dying to. It's also way too expensive. I'll not even consider before at least 30% of the price is cut, and I'll honestly need a game I'm really excited about on top of that.

oniyide said:
RazorDragon said:
twilight_link said:
Skeeuk said:

twilight_link said:
most haters are but hurt Sony fanboys, no wonder PS3 is failure of gigantic (multi billion U$D) proportions, with 3rd party ports mostly inferior to their xbox360 counterparts, their first party games are commercially overshadowed even by average 3rd party games, Vita is chapter in itself, most of the so called Sony fans abandoned this ship completely (this completely crushed the myth about hardcore gamers brand loyalty), its failure beyond repair even in Japan. No wonder they scream, and on top of this their platforms were crushed by vastly inferior devices Wii, DS and now 3DS.
Moderated,
-Mr Khan

ps3 is now selling more than the wii and wiiU, in fact wii dropped off years ago with hardly any game support it was a failure imo.

now the funny thing is lol posters like u have no choice but to buy a wiiu just to play ps360 style games how neat is that?

well wii support was terminated years ago by Nintendo, and then the sales slowed down, this is certainly not failure its typical for any platform.

funny thing is I'm uninterested in this games i don't care about xbox360 or ps3 ports, I'm Nintendo fan and i always was years ago, the  so called ps360 games don't interested me at all.

what is funny is fact that you can play most multi platform games on PC with superior graphics, the problem is most so called hdtwins fans are unable to properly configure gaming PC, so they are forced to play horrible ports on inferior platforms, and this is certainly funny. 

the proper question is how funny is to play inferior ports in subhd resolution with meager fps on so called HD platform, how neat is that.

I think your choice of words are harsh, but what you said is true. I mean, with a cheap mid-range gaming PC, you'll get better graphics and much more gameplay options on PC than playing multiplatform games on consoles.  You don't even need to get a new PC at all, if you own a Core 2 Duo or similar, 2GB RAM and your motherboard has a PCI-EX slot you just need to upgrade your graphics card to be able to play new games on high.

This argument shows just how ignorant people are about PS360 library, there is the slew of first party games, lets not forget the whole damn Japanese region where 90% of their games dont see PC release. GTA5 one of the biggest games coming out, might not get a PC release and if it does it will come much later on PC. and the few western games that dont see release on PC. "But, but, i dont care about those games." of course you wouldnt, you dont know they exist or you are willfully ignoring them, but please lets not act like PS360 library is just like the PC one, cause thats a lie.

most bestselling games on ps360 are multiplatform games available on PC,  arguing with unreleased game is somewhat laughable, the other problem is according to hdtwins demographics they're males from 18 - 35 years old, eg. in productive age, so there is no barrier to buy high-end PC for multiplatform games and ps360 for exclusives, they're mature, dedicated (hardcore) gamers after all, are not they?

The games on PC are far more affordable wit superior value thanks to game modification mostly for free...

i fear the problem lies somewhere else, and judging what excatly they play i fear it's hadly favorable for them

SwansVanTerif said:
First Nintendo console I didn't get a launch since the NES.

I was a bit dissapointed in the GC, but I could understand why Nintendo couldn't support it better. There were enough games, they just weren't as good as they used to be. Too many of them lacking the Nintendo polish and magic. Then came the Wii, and with sales like that, Nintendo had no excuse not to capitalize on the big userbase, yet it never happened, and the quality fell even further, in their chase to make the idiot gamer happy, at the expense of the loyal fans. I felt fooled with the Wii, and I did not want to be fooled again.

On top of that, there is no game out on the Wii U that I can't wait to play. I want to try the Nintendo games, but I'm not dying to. It's also way too expensive. I'll not even consider before at least 30% of the price is cut, and I'll honestly need a game I'm really excited about on top of that.

i agree, in my mind that is very sensble. I was going to do the same thing but I recieved Wii U as a gift. Im saying this from the perspective of a former skeptic. I havent been able to put it down in 4 months. I feel like I've abandoned every other device in my house. Being able to write on vgchartz while my game is paused without changing whats in my hand is great. It may not have a ton of killer apps yet, but the apps it has are ultra high quality and offer unique experiences compared to the hdtwins.

twilight_link said:
oniyide said:
RazorDragon said:
twilight_link said:
Skeeuk said:

twilight_link said:
Moderated,
-Mr Khan

most bestselling games on ps360 are multiplatform games available on PC,  arguing with unreleased game is somewhat laughable, the other problem is according to hdtwins demographics they're males from 18 - 35 years old, eg. in productive age, so there is no barrier to buy high-end PC for multiplatform games and ps360 for exclusives, they're mature, dedicated (hardcore) gamers after all, are not they?

The games on PC are far more affordable wit superior value thanks to game modification mostly for free...

i fear the problem lies somewhere else, and judging what excatly they play i fear it's hadly favorable for them

Tekken, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, SC, are million sellers and are not on PC so again your point only works if EVERY multiplat game is released on PC, there not. NOt even close. and those are just off the top of my head. Dont know why you keep bringing age demographs and pricing points to the table, none of htat matters if I cant play Tekken on PC (and i cant) its a moot point.