By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has sold 6 million in Europe alone?

there has only been about 250-300k sold in australia.. so that brings you to 6.275ish.. and i'm assuming that adding "others" would bring you to the same figure that vgchartz has

Around the Network
tabsina said:
there has only been about 250-300k sold in australia.. so that brings you to 6.275ish.. and i'm assuming that adding "others" would bring you to the same figure that vgchartz has

A little more probably, remember the 6 million is shipped

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

According to VGchartz the Wii has sold 321000 in Australia and with 132000 others that brings it remarkably close to the 6 million in Europe sold that Nintendo has announced.

DMeisterJ said:
@ melbye

Why praytell do you say that?

The ridiculous amounts of time we have to wait for most games. Some good examples are how Super Paper Mario was release 5 months after the US, Metroid Prime 3 two months, Trauma Center 9 months, and there's still not even a date set for Brawl.

It's especially annoying for us Nordics, since we generally don't speak any of the languages that games get translated into. The French, Germans, Spaniards, and a few others get games in their language, but we just play the English version, and wait like everyone else. Not that I'd want to play a game in Finnish.

The delay is probably only partially due to translations being done, and mostly the paperwork associated with Europe being lots of small markets, rather than one big one, but Nintendo is still by far the slowest of the big three to bring their games over.

ismael said:
i don't know why people say that Japan is bigger than Europe (as a console market),

Because Japan is a single nation whereas european market is a collection of different national markets ?

The penetration of VG culture in Japan is very high. 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ melbye

Why praytell do you say that?

The ridiculous amounts of time we have to wait for most games. Some good examples are how Super Paper Mario was release 5 months after the US, Metroid Prime 3 two months, Trauma Center 9 months, and there's still not even a date set for Brawl.

It's especially annoying for us Nordics, since we generally don't speak any of the languages that games get translated into. The French, Germans, Spaniards, and a few others get games in their language, but we just play the English version, and wait like everyone else. Not that I'd want to play a game in Finnish.

The delay is probably only partially due to translations being done, and mostly the paperwork associated with Europe being lots of small markets, rather than one big one, but Nintendo is still by far the slowest of the big three to bring their games over.

you at least are lucky to get the original translation. we get translations of translations and total crap. playing in english is much better.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ismael said:
i don't know why people say that Japan is bigger than Europe (as a console market),

Bigger, mmmm, I would say important, there is alot of japanese games and a lot of then don't see the light in Europe-America...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
celine said:
ismael said:

Because Japan is a single nation whereas european market is a collection of different national markets ?

The penetration of VG culture in Japan is very high. 

That makes the Japanese market bigger???

FJ-Warez said:
ismael said:

Bigger, mmmm, I would say important, there is alot of japanese games and a lot of then don't see the light in Europe-America...

There are also a lot of games made in Europe that don't see light in NA or Japan.

there are still near constant shortages round my way