By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Game of This Generation?

platformmaster918 said:
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Just the perfect blend of platforming and combat with creative weaponry and upgrading weaponry along with the space exploration, time puzzles, great story humor, and fun gadgets. It was just perfectly paced and balanced and did all the little things well as well as the big ones. Also the ending is still the only game ending to make me cry tears of joy and sorrow just seconds apart. Love that series and love that game.

R&C: A Crack in Time!!! i'm glad i'm not the only one here who loves that game to death! :D

Around the Network

I'm going to cheat and list one for each platform:

PC: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mods have dramatically extended this game's life)
PS3: Demon's Souls
Xbox 360: Mass Effect 2
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
DS: Dragon Quest IX
PSP: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

This was a good generation for those that didn't stick to only one platform.

Don't have one in particular but I can show you one of the games I hated even though I had fun with.

Game is fucking bullshit.

Valkyria Chronicles and Atelier Meruru sure are on top of everything else, but for the rest I don't know, better wait the end of the generation before making a top 10.

sub-zero-TM said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Just the perfect blend of platforming and combat with creative weaponry and upgrading weaponry along with the space exploration, time puzzles, great story humor, and fun gadgets. It was just perfectly paced and balanced and did all the little things well as well as the big ones. Also the ending is still the only game ending to make me cry tears of joy and sorrow just seconds apart. Love that series and love that game.

R&C: A Crack in Time!!! i'm glad i'm not the only one here who loves that game to death! :D

haha I thought the same thing when I saw you mention it.  Really an underappreciated masterpiece.  If I take off my nostalgia goggles I may give it the top spot over Up Your Arsenal for my favorite game of all time.  It's definitely my favorite of the gen.  Tools of Destruction got me to buy a PS3 but ACiT just hit every note perfectly for me.  It's probably the one game I play where I would not change a single thing.  The story even took a real step up (R&C was always funny but this one really got emotional).  Can't get enough of it.  Oh and the graphic style was awesome too haha can't name everything I love about it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4

Yes! or the Amazing-RPG "Ni No Kuni" for PS3. Maybe The last of us too. exciting. i'm multi-gamer, but the ps3 is the best console with games-support.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Marco said:
JayWood2010 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4

Yes! or the Amazing-RPG "Ni No Kuni" for PS3. Maybe The last of us too. exciting. i'm multi-gamer, but the ps3 is the best console with games-support.

From what ive learned, X360 has better multiplayer support while PS3 has better single player support.  Depends one what type of gamer you are but I like both personally.  

But yeah I'm a big fan of Metal Gear.  Ni No Kuni is pretty good as well.  I was a little let down from it though.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 by a little bit.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

MGS4
SMG1 and 2
Uncharted 2
Skyward Sword

I've yet to play some other games that have received much praise but from what I've played, these are the best of the best. I probably made generic choices, but whatever. These really were brilliant games.

Edit: Forgot about GOW3.

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Probably a toss-up between those.