By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Apple convinced me to open my wallet... Again.

joora said:
iPhone is a fad. **runs away**

Did you see DollaDolla's video of his iPhone running Full Throttle? ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

i got my iphone about 2 months ago... so what is the advantage of unlocking it? and what is the disadvantage....apple not honoring their warranty

I think it's a waste of money.. I've been hearing a lot of stories of people's phone bill going over hundreds even thousands of dollars, from using the e-mail fuctions, txt messages, internet, etc.

I mean yea it's pretty cool but I rather wait for a second generation iphone, or just get a Side Kick

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

famousringo said:
joora said:
iPhone is a fad. **runs away**

Did you see DollaDolla's video of his iPhone running Full Throttle? ;)

Even that isn't enough to lure me to the dark side :)

ASUS opened mine, EEE PC lol

Around the Network
MrMafoo said:
Gratz. I thought about an iPhone, but after my horrible experience with a Windows Mobile phone, I wanted something that was the best at doing nothing but talking. I went with the Razor 2.

Really?  I've only had two Windows Mobile Phones and my experience has been amazing with both of them (barring a faulty hinge on my MPX220 but that had nothing to do with the OS itself).  It's possible you had problems with the phone hardware itself as the OS has been solid for me and very customizable.

kingofwale said:
>iPhone is a fad. **runs away**

IPhone is no more fad-dier than Wii.

**changes identity**

Speaking of Wii, I think there's a new SonyEricsson mobile phone with waggle control (shake control?).

twesterm said:
I'm just curious, what's the huge appeal of an iPhone? How different is it from something like a Blackberry?

Going by my purely researched ideas, it just sounds like an expensive iPod that happens to have all the other things a Blackberry has (which is also silly, though at least have experience with those) and comes with the bonus of a sweaty nasty touch screen.

The appeal is purely the multi-touch user interface. If that doesn't appeal to you, there's really no reason to get one.

Well, I suppose that the screen is also of a nice size and proportion for a portable device.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

kcua_626 said:
ASUS opened mine, EEE PC lol

Eee is actually a great thing, the main downside being too small screen (huge screen borders FTW) and only 8Gb of storage space. If it had a inch or two larger screen with atleast 1024x768 resolution and 16 Gb of storage space, it would be awesome (even if it costs 300 instead of 200 bux)

@joora

The small screen is fine so long as I can surf the net better than a PPC and I can finish some paperworks on it.

I think the best thing about it is its weight. I just realized that the smaller laptop I buy, I tend to use it more. My first laptop was a gigantic 17" Tosh P25, very very powerful for that time but never got much use.

Contemplated buying a new phone but I though I'd just keep my old phone and get this instead.

for me UMPC>PPC