By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tetsuya Nomura SWEARS we'll have FFXIII in 2008

When does Versus come out? Is it in a similar time frame to FFXIII?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I was always under the impression the two games were coming at the same time, but when I think about it, that doesnt make much economic sense.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Versus is coming out a good 6-12 months after XIII.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

starcraft said:
When does Versus come out? Is it in a similar time frame to FFXIII?

I've always been under the impression that Versus would come out later but I've never been sure how much later. I think Square would be smart to keep a good six months between the two releases even if they're closer than that in completion time.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Versus is coming out a good 6-12 months after XIII.

im pretty sure that ffvs13 is about a year behind in development.  this timeline gets messed up since they use the same engine and ff games take an unspecified amount of forever to make.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
@Soriku

WTF! There were loads of people on this site who thought it wouldn't release in Japan in 08.

If it does, imagine the number of PS3's sold in 08 xmas.

Yup PS3 might actually break 100K for once

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

is it only the demo?

I can completely understand them planning on a 2008 release date but I'm just still very skeptical. There just has been nothing on this game and it has been in development for such a long time. If it were to be released in the next 10 months, we would have seen more of it.

I'm pretty sure this will be Japan-only if it drops in 2008.

Still, it's good news to hear that they're targeting a date that early. I didn't expect to see this game until mid-2009 but that might not be the case.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hooray! GREAT! SUPER! MEGA! OMG! COOOL!!!!!!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26586 

The US and Euro boss on PS3, platform exclusivity and simultaneous releases. Have there been any other announces? =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far