By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

HAHA, you just made my night.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

@That Guy,

wait, so a SSBB fan is different than a marioboy then?
wait, SBM sales were higer then SMS? Oops, you didn`t know that? =))

There are mario fans, there are ssbb fans. SSBB > SMG.
Not all mariofans are ssbb fans.
however, mariofans with ssbb fans = nintendo fans.

@naznatips, LOL. =)))
Not all of them... =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Ok, so lets assume that SSBB will plateau at around the same levels as SMG, which is around 1 Million.

So what the heck do the other 4 million wii gamers play?

If the attach ratio is like 4, then what four games are people buying?

@ That guy

You have it all wrong. There are 3 kinds of people, and 3 kinds only, that own Wii.

1. Casuals.

2. Marioboys/Nintendoboys.

3. Idiots

Group 1 buys:

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Mario and Sonic, Wario Ware, Big Brain Acadamy and Carnival games, Mario Strikers.

Group 2 buys: SMG, SSBB, TP, SPM, MP3.

Group 3 buys everything else.

Ps3 owners are only 2 groups:

1. Geniouses.

2. Smart people.

Group 1 buy MGS, FF and GT Group 2 buys everything else.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
@ That guy

You have it all wrong. There are 3 kinds of people, and 3 kinds only, that own Wii.

1. Casuals.

3. Idiots

Group 1 buys:

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Mario and Sonic, Wario Ware, Big Brain Acadamy and Carnival games, Mario Strikers.

1. Geniouses.

2. Smart people.

I really hope that Wii owners, with "only" their 20-25 million userbase, will buy massively Okami on Wii, and smash the total sales of the Okami version on PS2... cos with your 100 million "smart genious guys" userbase, you only bought 300.000 copies of one of last-gen most incredible game...

It will just prove to some idiots like you that Nintendo lovers have good taste, and love creative videogames with an open mind... people like us have grown with GOOD videogames, so we recognize a good game when we see one, you may be sure of it...

Btw, the most casual thing these days in the videogame community is to post stupid anti-Wii comments, and your post was one of the worst in that so trendy genre...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

Oyvoyvoyv PWNED, LoL. =))

@68soul, yeah, big sales of No More Heroes here. =))
Zack and Wicky also impressive. =)))

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

68soul said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
@ That guy

1. Casuals.

3. Idiots

Group 1 buys:

1. Geniouses.

2. Smart people.

I really hope that Wii owners, with "only" their 20-25 million userbase, will buy massively Okami on Wii, and smash the total sales of the Okami version on PS2... cos with your 100 million "smart genious guys" userbase, you only bought 300.000 copies of one of last-gen most incredible game...

It will just prove to some idiots like you that Nintendo lovers have good taste, and love creative videogames with an open mind... people like us have grown with GOOD videogames, so we recognize a good game when we see one, you may be sure of it...

Btw, the most casual thing these days in the videogame community is to post stupid anti-Wii comments, and your post was one of the worst in that so trendy genre...

You really read the entire thread? I've said several times that I ONLY own a Wii, and that I like it. Read the thread!! And hey, calling me casual isn't an insult - it's what I am. I understand that reading 11 pages might get boring, but if you reply to people, try to read their earlier posts, at least when you don't know whether they're sarcastic or not. Have a nice day.

Darn, I HAVE to start saying /sarcasm after my threads...

@Crazzy. Yeah, and that Warhawk really sold some disks, huh? And Unreal Tournament 3, can't sell any better than that can it? The Orange box, 80K is going to own you!

@Oyvoyvoyv, we speak about exclusives, UT3, OB are not exclusive, NMH is. Warhawk is. Warhwak did 400k only with retail sales.
No to mention online sales, there was report, that total warhawk sales in Europe alone are over 400k. =)
Sorry. =))

Oh NO! What have I become? I lost a discussion against CRAZZYMAN! I'm doomed! It's a revenge because I was so mean to Wiiforever yesterday, I know it!

Oh, well, Wii fit outsells all Ps3 software combined in Japan, so I'm happy :)

But, OMG! Ps3 has LAIR! Why didn't I see that before?
Ninja Gaiden Sigma!
FolkLore

All these 3 were hyped titles, Z and W was not.

And most importantly, you have Sega Golf Club.

Wii Fit > All ps3 software :)

Wii USA vs PS3 USA.

Wii hardware > Ps3 hardware 2.5:1
Wii Software > Ps3 software 2.5:1
Wii Attachment rate > Ps3 rate 1.01:1, so that's pretty much a tie (Wii 1/100 ahead)

What does this tell you?

Wii Japan vs Ps3 Japan

Wii hardware > Ps3 hardware 2.8:1
Wii Software > Ps3 Software 4.1:1
Wii rate > Ps3 rate 1.5:1

What does this tell you?

I like cheese, it tastes good.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
68soul said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
@ That guy

1. Casuals.

3. Idiots

Group 1 buys:

1. Geniouses.

2. Smart people.

You really read the entire thread? I've said several times that I ONLY own a Wii, and that I like it. Read the thread!! And hey, calling me casual isn't an insult - it's what I am. I understand that reading 11 pages might get boring, but if you reply to people, try to read their earlier posts, at least when you don't know whether they're sarcastic or not. Have a nice day.

Darn, I HAVE to start saying /sarcasm after my threads...

@Crazzy. Yeah, and that Warhawk really sold some disks, huh? And Unreal Tournament 3, can't sell any better than that can it? The Orange box, 80K is going to own you!

No, sorry, didn't actually read the whole damned thread, i just visit it from time to time for a good laugh, cos CrazzyMan is one of the funniest fanboys ever (even if i'm not sure he always wants to be funny)...

And indeed, i didn't get your sarcasm: sorry, but you have to admit it was far from obvious in that post, out of context, and without knowing what you've posted previously...

This week, i've readed sooooo many stupid anti-Wii posts down here that to be honest, i just over-reacted on yours, it was just "too much"... bad timing, cos most of the times, i just don't react to "lame" comments... yours was not in that category, so, really sorry, and no hard feelings i hope...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."