By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

Oyvoyvoyv said:
vaio said:
This troll thread should have been shut down long time ago or atleast locked untill SMG passes his absurd estimations

Pff, shut up, can't you see we're in the middle of a very serious discussion?

This isn't a troll thread, being wrong doesn't make you a troll. At least I hope so...

If you can´t see this is an attempt to show the Wii is a fad from crazy then i think you need to shut up untill you actually can see what he is trying to do.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
vaio said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
vaio said:
This troll thread should have been shut down long time ago or atleast locked untill SMG passes his absurd estimations

Pff, shut up, can't you see we're in the middle of a very serious discussion?

This isn't a troll thread, being wrong doesn't make you a troll. At least I hope so...

If you can´t see this is an attempt to show the Wii is a fad from crazy then i think you need to shut up untill you actually can see what he is trying to do.

Except Crazzy doesn't do a very good job at attempting to show the Wii is a fad?

And anyways, it's fun to throw logic at him and see what he comes up with. And the thread for the most part hasn't deteriated into something aweful like a of threads do (even threads that aren't aimed at calling a console bad).

I don't know why this thread keeps coming up though. I think we should just stop posting in it so it can sink into oblivion like so many other bad (and some good) threads.

hehehe. Anyways. Galaxy is exactly 2 weeks away from outselling Sunshine. After that it has a couple more years of holiday seasons, players choice rereleases and increased market share to look forward too.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Wow this thread is still active? Um anyway how can crazzyman think that SMG will only sell 7 million when it's already at 5.75 million? ok lets just look at it the crazzyman way *chuckes*. Lets just say that all of the wii owners (Mariofans remember) who would've wanted Galaxy already own it. It would take a pretty good portion of the new Wii owners that have yet to get a Wii to not buy SMG throughout the Wii life (which to CM 1 more yr) in order for CMs' theory to work.

Ok Japan Sales:

roughly 80 K wii's sold

6.8 k copies of SMG sold in the same week.

that means 73.2 k wii owners or ~ 90% of the "Marioboys" out there aren't buying Mario. That seems a bit strange =)))))))))))))))))))))

Around the Network

roughly 80 K wii's sold

6.8 k copies of SMG sold in the same week.

that means 73.2 k wii owners or ~ 90% of the "Marioboys" out there aren't buying Mario.
NO, you don`t get it. That means, that All Marioboys ALREADY BOUGHT SMG and Wii in Japan.
And most new Wii owners are casual non-gamers or SSBB fans.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

wait, so a SSBB fan is different than a marioboy then? Whenever WE try to make the distinction, you say "mario mario mario blah blah blah"

But when I bring up this point, then you say "oh no, those are SSBB fans, not marioboys"

That Guy said:
wait, so a SSBB fan is different than a marioboy then? Whenever WE try to make the distinction, you say "mario mario mario blah blah blah"

But when I bring up this point, then you say "oh no, those are SSBB fans, not marioboys"

You have it all WRONG! Let me step in before Crazzy has a fit trying to explain this AGAIN. ;)

Everyone who bought a GameCube is a Nintendo fan. Who else would buy that purple lunchbox anyway?

Within this select group of individuals, there are subsets. These subsets include, Mariofans, Zeldafans, SuperSmashYouIntheFuckingFaceFans (SSYINFFF for short), MarioKartFans, amoung others. They can (and do) overlap. This idea can (and is) supported through one very distinct and creditable source: game sales. Let's takes a looksy...

•  MarioKart DD: 6.6 million
  • SSB:M: 6.58 million
  • Super Mario Sunshine: 5.91 million
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: 4.38 million

4 games. Total sales - 23.47 million

That's almost 2 million more than the GameCube userbase was. So obviously, only those types of people bought the GameCube, and there's no reason anyone else (besides non-casuals, who only buy WiiSports and WiiPlay, and probably WiiFit, not to mention MP8, RRR, M&S, and about 25 other games that don't count in software sales totals) would buy the Wii, because the Wii doesn't have FF13, MGS4, DMC4, GT5, etc.

Get the POINT? =)

(note sarcasim) 

sarcaZIM!!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Anyone else get the idea that CrazzyMan pictures all Wii onwers like this?