By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

what?

its sold around 6 million WW.

thats considered highly successful

im playing this game right now... its awesome.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

@ crazzyman
http://gonintendo.com/?p=34892

I think it'll average 40k or so this entire year in NA and Others.

Ok, not long time left to see, will it fall below 40k. =))
And for the records, i don`t say, that SMG sux. =]
End of year totals: 10 million give or take .5 million.

2 mln. from usa and 2 mln. from europe, oh yeah, that will be interesting. =))
Japan will probably drop to 5k average through the rest of the year.
WHY? Shouldn`t this game being bought like Wii play and Wii sports in Japan? =)))
Or maybe, just almost ALL mariofans already bought the game, and casual non-gamers don`t care about Mario game? =)))
Ok, time will tell. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

pichu_pichu said:
@ crazzyman
http://gonintendo.com/?p=34892

Nice find ..Brian Cresente is highly respected amongst the gaming community unlike crazzy man.

So i'll take Cresente's word over crazzy's

LOLOL

MynameisGARY

Whatever, sales numbers will show who was right. =))
For now, Japan is down. Now usa and europe left, i wonder who will fall first. =)) I think europe.

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Playstation fans would say God is either Dante from Devil May Cry. Microsoft fans would say God is Masterchief from Halo. Nintendo fans would say God is Mario.
I would say God is all three.

CrazzyMan said:
Whatever, sales numbers will show who was right. =))
For now, Japan is down. Now usa and europe left, i wonder who will fall first. =)) I think europe.

"whatever"?

Crazy... you just got....

Why dont you make a high traffic, highly successful gaming site like Kotaku.

MynameisGARY

CrazzyMan said:
Japan will probably drop to 5k average through the rest of the year.
WHY? Shouldn`t this game being bought like Wii play and Wii sports in Japan? =)))
Or maybe, just almost ALL mariofans already bought the game, and casual non-gamers don`t care about Mario game? =)))
Ok, time will tell. :)

Maybe I'm failing to see what you are trying to say. Maybe your grammer and sentence structure is a problem. Maybe you don't even know what you are saying. I cannot tell. Either way...

Why is it such a big deal if only "Mariofans" buy the freakin game? That's like me looking at FFVII (the first FF game on the PS) selling 9.72 million, and FFX (the first FF game on the PS2) selling 7.95 and saying "Only FF fans buy the game, it doesn't bring in casuals" or something like that. As long as the game sells, why should it matter?

So what exactly is your whole point with SMG and SMS, why is it such a big deal, and why does it really matter. If SMS sold 1 million copies and SMG sold within 10% of 1 million copies (between 900k and 1.1million), then I could see what you are saying, and that that's pretty bad, because 1 million is not very much for such a highly rated game. But it's not selling only a million (it's sold 5x that), and it's only 300k away from SMS, and it'll blast past that. So again, I don't see where you are going with this at all. 

I'd also like to point out that SMG has sold much more in Others than SMS sold in Others, by nearly 300k so far. If only SMS fans are going to buy the game, then we can expect at least another 700k from NA, unless some of those people moved to Others and that's why NA is lower and Others is higher. That's probably it, isn't it Crazzy?

@Stever89, well maybe because all what nintedo have, it`s mario games, pokemon games and zelda + casual stuff like wii sport/wii play/wii fit and brain training.

In that case, Wii fail as gaming machine for casual gamers, which don`t care much about mario games. =)
Well, that`s pretty interesting then, but wee need more data. =]

OK, simple question, WHY SMG STOPED selling(like wii sports/wii play) in Japan after it reached SMS Numbers? =)