By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

CrazzyMan said:

You do realize that Brawl has been out a whole 1 week right? Of course it's gonna sell less overall when you compare a games ONE WHOLE WEEK out to two games that have been out for 250 weeks in those graphs you showed.
I was compatring Smash on N64 and GC.
That SSBB sold in one day more with 5 mln. Wii woners only prowing that game mostly bought by nintendo fans.
Once Lair, and Heavenly Sword come out, then we'll start seeing some game sales."
Looks Like you se NO difference between NEW IP and BRAND IP.

@Oyvoyvoyv,

This thread was meant to be VERY pro Sony, while it ended up being VERY anti-Sony.
LOL.
NO, i just FIND interesting, that SMG sales are very CLOSE to SMS sales with same number of userbase. With conclusion, that SMG mostlike bought MOSTLY by mariofans.

There is just so much wrong with this post. First, N64 had more users than GC, thus it's sales should be higher. And guess what, THEY ARE. So, using the same logic, SSB:B will have more sales than the other two because the userbase will be higher. Thus, people who didn't buy the previous game will have to buy the new game. And who really cares if it's simply Nintendo fans buying these games? Looking at FF and GT numbers, they are ususally very similar. ON NO, onyl Sony and/or FF/GT fans buy those games.

I said the Wii has a few non brand games in the top 50, yet the PS3 doesn't. And what about Ratchet and Clank? Is it not a brand name game? The first Ratchet and Clank game on the PS2 sold 3 million, and the second one sold 2.5 million. WHere are those fans?

Similar userbase + similar sales = game bought my mostly mariofans. Interesting. I would think that similar userbase would automatically equal similar sales. What will be interesting is seeing the sales of SMG as the Wiis userbase passes the GameCube and the N64 and eventually the SNES. 

Around the Network

Dear Crazzyman,

This thread is giving me a headache.

Sincerely,

Chad Warden

War the PS-TRIPLE

HOW YOU GOING TO SEE SELLING TREND???

By comparing life-time sales and logical esitmations of how long and at what level the game would have to sell to achieve those life-time sales. It isn't hard at all really.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

And the thread still lives...

=)))))))))))))))

There is just so much wrong with this post. First, N64 had more users than GC, thus it's sales should be higher. And guess what, THEY ARE. So, using the same logic, SSB:B will have more sales than the other two because the userbase will be higher.

N64 - nintendo fans + casual gamers
GC - nintendo fans + casual gamers
Wii - nintendo fans + casual gamers + casual non-gamers
casual gamers =/= casual non-gamers.
MOST CASUAL GAMERS DON`T BUY SMG, THEY BUY WII SPORT/WII PLAY. Kapish?

And what about Ratchet and Clank? Is it not a brand name game?
1) It`s not BIG BRAND game. 2) Do you have first week sales numbers of Ratchet PS2?

Similar userbase + similar sales = game bought my mostly mariofans. Interesting. I would think that similar userbase would automatically equal similar sales.

NO, NOT IN WII CASE.
SAME MARIOBOYS + SAME/NEW casual games + NEW casual NON-GAMERS.

SAME marioboys make considerably HIGH FIRST week sales of mario game.
NEW casual NON-gamers practically have NO effect on sales of nintendo BRAND games.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
There is just so much wrong with this post. First, N64 had more users than GC, thus it's sales should be higher. And guess what, THEY ARE. So, using the same logic, SSB:B will have more sales than the other two because the userbase will be higher.

And what about Ratchet and Clank? Is it not a brand name game?
1) It`s not BIG BRAND game. 2) Do you have first week sales numbers of Ratchet PS2?

Similar userbase + similar sales = game bought my mostly mariofans. Interesting. I would think that similar userbase would automatically equal similar sales.

NO, NOT IN WII CASE.

NEW casual NON-gamers practically have NO effect on sales of nintendo BRAND games.

Can you prove that casual non-gamers don't buy SMG? Also, since the Wii userbase without the "casual non-gamers" would be less than the userbase of the GameCube, that would mean that SMG is selling more (i.i. BETTER) on a console with less users who are willing to buy the game.

I don't have first week numbers for Ratchet PS2. But I'm sure they were better than PS3 Ratchet first week. I guess there's too many casual non-gamers buying the PS3 as a blu-ray player.

I don't understand how you can't comprehend that even if some of the Wiis userbase is and will be these "non-gamers" that there will be SOME regular casual and hardcore players that will buy SMG when they buy a Wii. Higher userbase usually equals higher sales. And since the Wii will have higher sales than the GameCube, it's just natural that SMG will have higher sales than SMS. Kapish?

naznatips said:

That only works if the person you are debating against is willing to adjust their argument based on new facts brought into the discussion. CrazzyMan has repeated the same tired information for 8 pages with no regard for what anyone else says. You might as well debate with a wall, because although you are aware of his false information, he is completely unaware of the existence of any data other than what he's already convinced himself is relevant.

Winning post.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Do you have any proof of this or is it just your opinion. I only have interest in facts, not opinions.

NO, NOT IN WII CASE.

NEW casual NON-gamers practically have NO effect on sales of nintendo BRAND games

Proof? I am certain you will point out how Mario Galaxy (in Japan) has not shot past the numbers of Super Mario Sunshine quite yet. Look at Smash Brothers brawl though. Week one sales have come close to the life-time sales of the previous games. Mario Party has sold more that any other version on a smaller userbase, and a few other example I am certain I can dig up. Show me some facts or accept that your opinion has no bais in reality.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

thread still going on with same arguments? =P

must be a new record

i'm gonna check guinness book of records

The longest time somebody uses the same arguments while ignoring everything that could contradict it!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

naznatips said:
Final-Fan said:
The object is to make him abandon all pretense at rational argument and retreat into purely opinion-based statements and predictions. Or have a screaming fit.

Also, even when the argument itself goes nowhere, you can still learn valuable information yourself, even if your opponent learns nothing. A lot of these SMW/64/S/G details are new to me. That's half the reason I debate Eomund on the FairTax. (That is, to learn -- I don't mean to imply that Eomund is like CrazzyMan. He's not; he's much more rational and open to persuasion, at least on specific points, even if his faith in the FairTax overall is unshakeable.)

That only works if the person you are debating against is willing to adjust their argument based on new facts brought into the discussion. CrazzyMan has repeated the same tired information for 8 pages with no regard for what anyone else says. You might as well debate with a wall, because although you are aware of his false information, he is completely unaware of the existence of any data other than what he's already convinced himself is relevant.

I had a witty addition to this that involved urine, but I decided it was inappropriate.