By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

It's not impressive that the Wii has 5.1 and the PS3 has 1.8 and SSBB sold 1 million. It's impressive that SSBB has beat so many of the PS3 games.
BECAUSE Wii sold MORE then PS3 in Japan? What is so IMPRESSIVE here? It`s NORMAL, when a game with BIGGER userbase sells MORE, then game on other syste will smaller userbase.

In other words, with half the userbase, SSBB beat most games on the PS3. That IS impressive. =)
YOU comparing PEOPLE with WAY different tastes to OTHER people with WAY DIFFERENT tastes, like them being SAME people with SAME TASTES.

FFX - 1.9 million first week, with 2.4 first 12 weeks, with 5 million PS2s at launch, and 5.9 million at the end of the 12 weeks.

Final Fantasy X - 3 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Is there really BIG difference:
5 and 5.9 -> 84% of initial statement.
3 and 2.4 -> 80% - of initial statement.
???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

note that i'm comparing WW sales. that's what we're looking at, right?

The chart shows WW sales over a year..... sooooo how's that cherry picking? I wasn't comparing WW sales vs. Japanese sales or anything. SMG after like 12 weeks did better than FFX after a year

@That Guy, only Japan sales of FFX were tracked in graph.

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

That Guy said:
note that i'm comparing WW sales. that's what we're looking at, right?

The chart shows WW sales over a year..... sooooo how's that cherry picking? I wasn't comparing WW sales vs. Japanese sales or anything. SMG after like 12 weeks did better than FFX after a year

I dont think he understands. I was comparing SSBB JAPAN ONLY to PS3's games WORLD WIDE. Which means the Wii would only have HALF the user base. 5.1 to 9.6, yet the game has sold MORE than MOST PS3 games, which are available WORLDWIDE while SSBB is available IN JAPAN ONLY. And I think my comparison is fine, because with 2x the install base, shouldn't games sell more? Thats what he is saying anyway:

BECAUSE Wii sold MORE then PS3 in Japan? What is so IMPRESSIVE here? It`s NORMAL, when a game with BIGGER userbase sells MORE, then game on other syste will smaller userbase.

He's just not getting that I'm using PS3 worldwide and PS3 games worldwide, yet only Wii Japan. He thinks I'm comparing PS3 Japan to Wii Japan. I so wish I could get through to him. 

@crazzyman
You are right. Every first Final Fantasy on a new Playstation sells more than the last Final Fantasy on the previous one. This is a total of ONE TIME. It's not a trend that has been proven throughout history. You might as well have said: Final Fantasy X outsold Final Fantasy IX. It is the same thing. Don't go about making up nonexistant trends.

What That Guy was saying is that in Japan alone, SSBB surpassed all but 7 of PS3's games sales Worldwide. That is impressive.

Around the Network

I dont think he understands. I was comparing SSBB JAPAN ONLY to PS3's games WORLD WIDE. Which means the Wii would only have HALF the user base. 5.1 to 9.6, yet the game has sold MORE than MOST PS3 games, which are available WORLDWIDE while SSBB is available IN JAPAN ONLY.
YOU comparing PEOPLE with WAY different tastes to OTHER people with WAY DIFFERENT tastes, like them being SAME people with SAME TASTES.

EXPLANATION:
French during 2007 bought more oyster in FRANCE, then oyster WW was sold. Wow, IMPRESSIVE.

CrazzyMan said:
I dont think he understands. I was comparing SSBB JAPAN ONLY to PS3's games WORLD WIDE. Which means the Wii would only have HALF the user base. 5.1 to 9.6, yet the game has sold MORE than MOST PS3 games, which are available WORLDWIDE while SSBB is available IN JAPAN ONLY.

EXPLANATION:
French during 2007 bought more oyster in FRANCE, then oyster WW was sold. Wow, IMPRESSIVE.

Unless France all of a sudden isn't part of the world anymore this is another example of your self invented  mathematics gone wrong.

FUZZY MATHZ CRAZZY MAN.

@BengaBenga, France sales VS OTHER WW part.
DON`T you get it, DIFFERENT TASTES.

It`s comparing killer`ap BIG AA BRAND game VS other NON BRAND games.

CrazzyMan said:

EXPLANATION:

This honestly does not make any logical sense whatsoever.  What are you even trying to argue, man?  Can you please focus on getting the thoughts out coherently so thatit doesn't just look like angry gibberish?