By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

Oh, and Crazzy, just so you know it, the reason the last one is so low (on your graph) is because this week only includes EU)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

@Oyvoyvoyv,

Most casuals would buy SSBB, MK and SMG.
Most hardcore would buy SSBB, MK and SMG.
THEN selling trend of SMG would be like SMB. BUT it`s NOT.
It`s not selling like SMB, which wasn`t DECLINING that much after first 12 weeks.
That`s why it`s all pointless what you wrote.
Though i agree with what you wrote, BUT it`s NOT that case with SMG and Wii, atleast fow now.
Oh, and Crazzy, just so you know it, the reason the last one is so low (on your graph) is because this week only includes EU)

In europe sales went from 65k to 50k.
In japan they were 16k (you expect increase, yes?)
in usa 82k, and 100k week before.
It`s DECLINING and FASTER then SMB.

This will be even MORE interesting with SSBB, with making over 1 mln. in 1-2 weeks. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

How long are you going to keep failing before you realise and stop?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

a. Crazzy I dont get you.

b. SMG is one of the best games I ever played.

c. Last year a Nintendo game was GOTY
This year a Nintendo game will be GOTY

d. Nintendo 3rd party support increasing

e. Huge exclusives on the way to Wii.

f. Shouldnt you be playing your PS3 instead of spending your past 3 days in this thread?

g. Why do I picture you with a red face almost suffocating when you post.

h. Your love for ps3 is making you unlogical

i. Do you like bacon and cheese omelet's?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
a. Crazzy I dont get you.

b. SMG is one of the best games I ever played.

c. Last year a Nintendo game was GOTY
This year a Nintendo game will be GOTY

d. Nintendo 3rd party support increasing

e. Huge exclusives on the way to Wii.

f. Shouldnt you be playing your PS3 instead of spending your past 3 days in this thread?

g. Why do I picture you with a red face almost suffocating when you post.

h. Your love for ps3 is making you unlogical

i. Do you like bacon and cheese omelet's?

lol

Ditto on that. Epecially the face.

Around the Network

@weezy,

a. ok.

b. ok.

c. ok.
not ok.

d. as much as ps3 or x360.

e. MH3, what else?

f. in this generation only FFXIII interest me, maybe FFXIIIv and GoW3. Over 15 years of gaming, got bored.

g. you should picture me with smiling face =).

h. what love? just NO hate. =)

i. i prefer shashlik, kebab. =)

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

"g. you should picture me with smiling face =)."

Acually everytime you don't post back after a couple minutes I fear you hyperventilated and passed out. :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

You know, people sleep sometimes or have work to do. =))
That called LIFE. =)

When will you understand that your biased shows and that we allready understood that you motive is to bash the Wii as a useless console and a kidddy toy?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Do you know the saying "coincidence does not imply correlation". If SMG had be released last year at launch it would have sold less so far (less Wiis around) but still very well and you probably would have been saying "Wii only sells to hardcore Nintendo/Mario fans". Have it release next year and it would have sold even better (more Wiis around) but with a lower attach rate (more diverse Wii userbase due to bigger size) and you wouldn't be able to say what you are saying. The only reason you can spuriously claim that is due to the coincidence of SMG's release being close to the Wii's sales approaching the levels of the GC sales.

SMG is a better game than SMS on a better selling console so it is no surprise to have it reach SMS LTD levels of sales faster. But using this and the coincidence of the Wii sales being close to the GC sales (which is only due to supply constraints BTW or it would already have overtaken it) to come to the conclusion that most Wii owners were GC owners is really bad logic (as in no logic at all).

If all those former GC owners bought Wiis so fast why didn't they buy the GC so fast too and make it a tremendous success like the Wii? Why would they have changed their purchasing behavior in the past 5 years?

Also, if I understand you well Crazzyman, you believe that everybody that bought SMS is a "Marioboy", even those that bought it more than 6 months after release (can't be much of a fan[atic] if he waited that long to get it) and no non-Marioboy bought it.

So if all these marioboys took so long to buy all these copies of SMS last time why do they suddenly decide to buy all these copy of SMG so close to launch, according to you?

Isn't it more logical (yeah, that word again) to assume that Mario fans bought the game near its launch along with some "I like Mario but am not a fan" types of guys while more of the latter bought it over time and that the exact same is happening here with SMG but the difference in selling speed is due to the Wii having a bigger success a thus there are more of the latter kind of buyers buying it along with the Mario fans and due to the Wii's ongoing success there will be more of them going on (but of course slowing as the game gets older and 2nd hand versions appear).

Using this tells us that SMG should be doing better than SMS at a similar timeframe (barring holiday seasons skewing things one way or another) which is definitely the case in Japan and europe (as it outsold the LTD of SMS) and probably is the case in America though the graph doesn't seem to have SMS's American numbers. It also tells usthat SMG should do much better numbers than SMS which is pretty much a given as it is not far behind SMS in only 12 weeks and many Nintendo games on the Wii released almost a year ago have sold better than the LTD of their counterpart on the GC. In 6 months to 1 year we should see SMG outselling SMS in the US too as more Wiis are released there.

Sri Lumpa here, I lost the space when I lost my profile