By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

What about those who bought a Wii for Zelda, for Metroid, for Brawl?
Metroid Prime GC 2.77m -> game bought by metroid fans and other gamers.
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes GC 1.28m -> game practically bought only by metroid prime fans.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii 1.12m - game practically bought only by metroid prime fans.
@hsrob, cooincidence?
Are metroid fans also mario fans, unknown, just like we don`t know if mgs or ff fans also are a GT fans.
And, I even know a guy who wants a Wii for Monster Hunter 3 alone. And I am currently only talking about games that appeal to core gamers not the casuals.
That doesn`t change statement(probablility), that atleast 30% or 1/3 TODAY`s Wii userbase are mariofans.

"marioboys" = mariofans. Guys which buy allmost all mario games.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

What about those who bought a Wii for Zelda, for Metroid, for Brawl?
Metroid Prime GC 2.77m -> game bought by metroid fans and other gamers.
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes GC 1.28m -> game practically bought only by metroid prime fans.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii 1.12m - game practically bought only by metroid prime fans.
@hsrob, cooincidence?
Are metroid fans also mario fans, unknown, just like we don`t know if mgs or ff fans also a GT fans.
And, I even know a guy who wants a Wii for Monster Hunter 3 alone. And I am currently only talking about games that appeal to core gamers not the casuals.
That doesn`t change statement(probablility), that atleast 30% or 1/3 TODAY`s Wii userbase are mariofans.

"marioboys" = mariofans. Guys which buy allmost all mario games.

Metroid fans and Mario fans are not always one and the same. Same could be said for Zelda fans. Where does this 30% come from and how can it exclude casuals? Many of the Mario games are casual such as Mario Party. And if a "marioboy" is someone who buys all/most Mario games than there would be many new "marioboys" on the system. Mario Party 8 seems to be the best selling in the series, according to this site. Super Paper Mario also is selling better than previous versions. Mario and Sonic is selling extremely well. I think Strikers is over 1 million- but I haven't checked it in a while.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

since when comparing handheld game sells with Home game is ok?

the auditory is really different.
gba sold 80 mln. and gc only 20 mln.

Actually, the comparison I made is valid, given that the DS had about the same installed base as the Wii when NSMB launched, yet SMG outsold it at 8 weeks. You could argue that handheld gamers like platformers better than home console gamers, but I don't think there is any solid proof of that.

Yes, it's declining, but the rate of its decline is SLOWER than the rate of SMS's decline

In Japan, 12 weeks after launch, it has sold 200k more than SMS. It also sold 16k units in Japan on its 12th week on the market, compared to only 6k units of SMS on its 12th week.

@OyOyOy, I was talking about worldwide, not Japan.  Japan at the time had a MUCH larger DS owning population than NA or others did, while the Wii is selling better in NA and Others than in Japan.

@valen200,

Metroid fans and Mario fans are not always one and the same. Same could be said for Zelda fans.
YEAH, but THESE people are still NINTENDO fans. That is even worse, if they are not same people.
Where does this 30% come from and how can it exclude casuals?
SMS sold 6 mln. with 21.5 mln. GC, SMG will definetely reach 6 mln. with 21.5 mln. Wii. LTD might be 7 mln., because game will be BOUGHT by new users, non-mariofans. Still 85% or 6 of 7 mln. SMG are bought by mariofans.

@Coglestop,
Actually, the comparison I made is valid, given that the DS had about the same installed base as the Wii when NSMB launched, yet SMG outsold it at 8 weeks.
Actually it`s NOT.
DS has 80 mln. GBA users behind, which jumped from GBA to DS.
Wii has only 21 mln. GC users behind, which atleast 30% of it(mariofans) already jumped to Wii. http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=New+Super+Mario+Bros+-+DS&reg2=All&game2=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg3=Japan&game3=&weeks=40 Do you see the MAIN problem of these graph? DS game numbers were moving at ~40 angle, while SMG is going to 5-10 angle. The Wii  game outsold DS in same period, that TOO only shows, that SMG was bough MOSTLY by mariofans, while DS game was bought by both mariofans and non-mariofans through DS lifetime.

Yes, it's declining, but the rate of its decline is SLOWER than the rate of SMS's decline
SMG DIDN`T reach 6 mln. yet, Wii DIDN`T reach 21.5 mln. yet. But soon will.
In Japan, 12 weeks after launch, it has sold 200k more than SMS. It also sold 16k units in Japan on its 12th week on the market, compared to only 6k units of SMS on its 12th week.
Logical, NOT all mariofans bought GC on the launch of SMS.

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

You sir are a stubborn morron that only wants to see the conclusion you made yourself before even posting and reject all other possobilities or should i say probabilities just to make your point that you hate the Wii and it sucks.

Please grow up and accept the fact that your console of choise is loosing and Nintendo is doing a great job maintaining the lead in a fashion that makes it almost impossible for the others to keep up.

All your analogies about the SMG and the Wii are going to be thrown in your face when sales will keep on going past the numbers you so wholehartedly trying to showe down our throats.

This is spam in the higher level and there is nothing that can change that.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
valen200,
Metroid fans and Mario fans are not always one and the same. Same could be said for Zelda fans.
YEAH, but THESE people are still NINTENDO fans. That is even worse, if they are not same people.
Where does this 30% come from and how can it exclude casuals?
SMS sold 6 mln. with 21.5 mln. GC, SMG will definetely reach 6 mln. with 21.5 mln. Wii. LTD might be 7 mln., because game will be BOUGHT by new users, non-mariofans. Still 85% or 6 of 7 mln. SMG are bought by mariofans.

Coglestop,
Actually, the comparison I made is valid, given that the DS had about the same installed base as the Wii when NSMB launched, yet SMG outsold it at 8 weeks.
Actually it`s NOT.
DS has 80 mln. GBA users behind, which jumped from GBA to DS.
Wii has only 21 mln. GC users behind, which atleast 30% of it(mariofans) already jumped to Wii.
SMG DIDN`T reach 6 mln. yet, Wii DIDN`T reach 21.5 mln. yet. But soon will.
Logical, NOT all mariofans bought GC on the launch of SMS.

No, if a Nintendo fan, as you grouped them, buys the system only for Zelda and another buys it only for Metroid it is not worse. You are equating the sales of one franchise to the success of the Wii, while stating the the Ps3 has multiple killer apps headed our way and the combined power will sell systems. You are flat out making a hypocritical statement if you believe that multiple franchise fanbases are bad for the Wii but healthy for the Ps3.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

@vaio, i DON`T CARE or HATE wii-toy at ALL.

I just found this interesting. Usually i don`t start thread about wii or wii games, or wii sales. I just DON`T care.

All your analogies about the SMG and the Wii are going to be thrown in your face when sales will keep on going past the numbers you so wholehartedly trying to showe down our throats.
BUT for now, it doesn work THAT way.
http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=New+Super+Mario+Bros+-+DS&reg2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg3=Japan&game3=&weeks=40
DO YOU SEE HOW DIFFERENT ANGLE IS?

@valen200,

No, if a Nintendo fan, as you grouped them, buys the system only for Zelda and another buys it only for Metroid it is not worse.
YES it is, it only proves then, that around half of Wii owners are nintendo fans from GC, if not more.
In that case, in near future wii sales may decline, because it will be already bought by all nintendofans from GC userbase.
You are equating the sales of one franchise to the success of the Wii,
Soon will be released SSBB, whioch will prove or disprove all this SMG/SMS speculations. =)

LOL.

I just came up with conclusion's that crazzyman is either hired by this site as a commotion stirrer.

Or he caught his girlfriend cheating on him with a nintendork.

Which one is it crazy?!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Crazzy, stop a second and read the posts again, I feel some of the other people have to repeat themselves several times to try to make you understand.

@Valen
By 30 % he meant that there are 6.5M mario fans out there, and that they have bought the Wii, and that there aren't many left.

But seriosly, you have to remember that some people buy many games, other buy few. Take a scenario here:

Person 1: Buys 3 games to his Wii each year. Let us say that normally this would be Mario Galaxy+ Mario Kart + Brawl. However, this guy might instead buy Mario Galaxy + Mario Party + Mario and Sonic. However, the person rarely changes out the Mario platformer.

Person 2: Buys 6 games a year. Let's say SMG+MK+SSBB+No more Heroes+ Twilight Princess. If he is more of the party game guy, he would still buy SMG. Just change out NMH and TP.

Ok, that was not very good, but another way then.
Most casuals would buy SSBB, MK and SMG.
Most hardcore would buy SSBB, MK and SMG.

You see, I have never liked Mario Platformers (SM64 and SMS are the only that came out in my time, and I didn't like them), yet I bought SMG, because it is the Mario Platformer. Think of it, it is the top of Nintendo's top. Nintendo IS Mario (and SSBB, Kirby, Link, and so on, but you get my point) they are 11 million sellers made by Nintendo on Wii. 5 of them are Mario, and the platformer is the best Mario. Really, I would say that 13M at least, of the people who bought GCN are "Marioboys"

A football (Soccer, for morons) game sold 570K in USA, because it is Mario!

Mario is the video-game icon, and this is his best, who wouldn't buy it?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I'll quote you. DO YOU SEE HOW DIFFERENT ANGLE IS (you should have added a ?, but I won't since it is a quote)

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg3=Japan&game3=&weeks=40

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS