By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

I must CORRECT mysfelf.
Not all nintendo fans are mario fans, though practically all mariofans are nintendo fans.

That means that 30% or 6 mln. or 1/3 of GC and Wii userbase were mario fans.
Now the proof:
in first 12 week in Japan SMS reached 700k or 17,5% of total GC userbase which was 4 mln.
in first 12 weeks in Japan SMG reached 880k or 17,6% of total Wii userbase, which is 5 mln. Now sales DECLINING FAST, because game was mostly bought by mariofans.

Total ATTACH rate of SMS WW was 30%. Same attach rate will be for SMG when Wii will reach 21.5 mln.(same as GC numbers) or just in next 6-8 weeks.

That MEANS, that almost ALL mariofans already bought Wii and when Wii will reach 21.5 mln. since that time it will be bought MOSTLY by non-mario fans.

That were all MY SPECULATIONS ABOUT.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Too many logic errors. Head hurts. Shutting down.

Serious post or sarcastic?

Usually I would pass these by as another Rol inspired super-troll but given the OP I must ask, is this serious or not?

o.O

@Rath, it`s just a SPECULATIONS.
You can be serious or not, but that still will be SPECULATIONS based on sales numbers.

@RolStoppable, no, you don`t get it.
1) Mario n64 was a revolution.
2) it had STRONG SNES userbase behind.

SMS and SMG are left with only HARDCORE mario fans.

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

So Crazzy would you therefore agree that FFXIII has no chance of outselling FFXII by a decent margin, GT5 has no chance of outselling GT4 by a decent margin and MGS4 has no chance of outselling MGS3 by a decent margin?

If so I'll at least applaud you for being consistent and may view this as less of a pointless troll thread and more of a genuine thread about your opinions on gaming, however much I disagree with them.

Around the Network

@RolStoppable, i see ratings, AND i see DECLINING SALES IN JAPAN as SMG reached SMS numbers.

SM64 sold around 2 mln. with 5.5 mln. n64 sold in Japan(had strong SNES userbase behind).
SMS did only 0.87 mln. with 4 mln. gc sold in Japan(had only N64 userbase behind).
SMG did only 0.88 mln. with 5 mln. wii sold in Japan(only GC userbase behind).

SMG has a long and bright future, it hasn't even sold half of what it's supposed to sell. =)
Atleast ALL HARDCORE mario fans already bought it in Japan. =]

@Rath,

So Crazzy would you therefore agree that FFXIII has no chance of outselling FFXII by a decent margin, GT5 has no chance of outselling GT4 by a decent margin and MGS4 has no chance of outselling MGS3 by a decent margin?
UNLESS these games will be a NEW STEP in GENRE/GAMING, NO, there won`t be descent margin.
However, FFXIII is definetely a new step with CGI quality graphics. Is that very important? we will see only after FFXIII sales, as a matter of fact new step in controls didn`t helped SMG.

No, really? A games sales decline after the launch period and when we enter one of the slowest times of the year in Japan. Im surprised.

CrazzyMan said:
I must CORRECT mysfelf.
Not all nintendo fans are mario fans, though practically all mariofans are nintendo fans.

Put a Mario platformer on the 360 and it'll sell just as well. Or nearly so. It'd also sell well on PS3, though not as well due to PS3 having so many less consoles out there.

Pretty much anyone who likes platformers is a Mario Fan.  Or they hate Mario because of some sort of bias.  Very few people just geniuenly dislike a mario game if they like platformers in general.

Soriku said:
TWRoO said:
daactualfact said:
also, what the hell is up with your grammar?? i couldn't understand half of the shit you were saying to soriku!!!

I laugh at this hilarious post. No capital letters, putting two question marks and three exclamation marks and then complaining about Crazzys grammar.

Look who's talking.

P.S. Have I done it, Rol?

Well done Soriku, you noticed the error I made on purpose *looks guilty* However my point stands, there wasn't much wrong with Crazzy's grammar, possibly overusing capital wording but he likes to emphasise things. Daactualfact's post errors were not typing errors like mine [I have a few typing errors when using the Wii but try to correct all those I see before posting] but grammatical errors.

@Rath, games sell 80% of it LTD sales in first 12-16 weeks.
Unless, not all fans bought system, where that game is released(looks like not in this case).

@RolStoppable,

How can all hardcore Mario fans have already bought SMG in Japan, when SMG hasn't even reached half of SM64's sales?
BECAUSE SM64 had strong SNES userbase behind, SMG DON`T.
Hardcore Mario fans read reviews, they see that SMG is better than SM64, so they will buy SMG in the upcoming months along with a Wii, because they don't own one yet. =)
That`s why sales DECLINED in JAPAN already.
or maybe you expect SMG to reach 2 mln. in Japan? SMG will suddently jump to 50-60k per week?
SMG is guaranteed to sell at least 2m units in Japan, because it received higher review scores than SM64. =)
Yeah, even if every 10th new wii owner will buy SMG it won`t reach 2 mln. in Japan.

@Kasz216, 5 mln. SMG on x360? LOL.
Since when x360 or ps3 users care SO much about Mario games? =)
You are really overestimating mario brand.