By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

NintendoPie said:

While we're at it, let's throw all the rules out the window.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad to celebrate that the Vita sold well, because it did. It's just ridiculous to celebrate that it won (again, by near 1'000 sales) over the 3DS. I don't see how you can't view this as ridiculous in the least bit. 

Vita's library sucks compared to 3DS's library.

For a dead handheld with a couple of tiny games and new IP's to outsell the 3DS that has the biggest franchises on it, like 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs......etc

It is indeed an accomplishment, even if it outsold it by 1,000.

Around the Network

Good numbers all around.

Does anybody know what Vita's next big game is?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Wow

NintendoPie said:
Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

What a horrible comparison. You can't be serious about that...

Yes i'm serious. Vita won this week and we have every right to celebrate and do whatever we want.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad to celebrate that the Vita sold well, because it did. It's just ridiculous to celebrate that it won (again, by near 1'000 sales) over the 3DS. I don't see how you can't view this as ridiculous in the least bit. 

It's because the precedent has been set for the Vita to lose in sales to 3DS in Japan, and by a significant margin. 

I'll give you an example, in this years Six Nations (rugby tournament) Italy beat France 23-18. It's only a 5 point victory, and wasn't a particularly impressive performance technically. But it garnered headlines such as 'Italy stun France in historic victory' 'Italy shock favourites France' and my personal favourite 'Faltering French fall victim to Roman Conquerors'. 

Thing is, Italy are the weakest team in the tournament, by a significant margin. They've only won 10 games out of the 68 they've played in it. Out of the 34 times they've played France in any tournament, they've only won 3 times. They're practically written off as losers before they have the chance to compete. And so any victory, no matter how small, is celebrated and publicised disproportionately to the actual result. 

This week WW will be intredasting. PS3 > 3DS and PSV > 360(I think). Funny week xD

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

It's because the precedent has been set for the Vita to lose in sales to 3DS in Japan, and by a significant margin. 

I'll give you an example, in this years Six Nations (rugby tournament) Italy beat France 23-18. It's only a 5 point victory, and wasn't a particularly impressive performance technically. But it garnered headlines such as 'Italy stun France in historic victory' 'Italy shock favourites France' and my personal favourite 'Faltering French fall victim to Roman Conquerors'. 

Thing is, Italy are the weakest team in the tournament, by a significant margin. They've only won 10 games out of the 68 they've played in it. Out of the 34 times they've played France in any tournament, they've only won 3 times. They're practically written off as losers before they have the chance to compete. And so any victory, no matter how small, is celebrated and publicised disporportionately to the actual result. 

I don't see how we can compare sports to sales, but whatever works for you guys. I wouldn't use that as a comparison. (Since 1 point could really make or break a game. 1'000 sales can't make or break a console, technically.)

NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Thing is, Italy are the weakest team in the tournament, by a significant margin. They've only won 10 games out of the 68 they've played in it. Out of the 34 times they've played France in any tournament, they've only won 3 times. They're practically written off as losers before they have the chance to compete. And so any victory, no matter how small, is celebrated and publicised disporportionately to the actual result. 

I don't see how we can compare sports to sales, but whatever works for you guys. I wouldn't use that as a comparison. (Since 1 point could really make or break a game. 1'000 sales can't make or break a console, technically.)

Well, the weekly sales are a 'game' of sorts to people, aren't they? One fanbase will say their system'won' over the other by no matter how many units, as long as it's greater. It's not a perfect analogy but no analogy is  

Deyon said:

Vita's library sucks compared to 3DS's library.

It really doesn't. In sales, sure, but not quality. You're arguing against your own system here! Don't sell the Vita short.

Sal.Paradise said:
NintendoPie said:
Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

What a horrible comparison. You can't be serious about that...

Yes i'm serious. Vita won this week and we have every right to celebrate and do whatever we want.

I'm Italian and i saw that match in a pub in my town. Believe me when i say that i saw people crying tears of joy for that victory. I agree with everything you said, for the ones that have always been the last win against one of the top players is like doing something unbelievable.

This could be the last time(but i don't think so) that we will see the Vita on the top spot of the chart so just enjoy the moment, tomorrow is another day.

lol...I guess if I were a Vita fan, I would be gloating too. It's just too bad I don't see this extending more past a couple of weeks. FACT: 3DS still beats Vita nearly 10:1 in Japan, and it'll take a lot more than a week or two of the system selling this well before it can be considered a non-failure in my book!!!