By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

Wow, positively surprised. I thought Vita would be under 30k (yeah, I was pessimistic). It actually increased over the price cut week, that's pretty impressive.

I also thought SS would pretty much bomb and it's sold around 150.000 units. With it being a social game and if it has good word of mouth, I hope it has good legs, but I won't hold my breath.

Next week steep drop and then One Piece should help again. Then we'll see where it stabilises.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Well, it seems some people misunderstood my post. I am also happy with Vita's sales.

Also, I have to ask:

What caused the PSP spike this week? One decent selling release seems a bit much to have caused a ~6k increase in sales.

smbu2000 said:

Looks like all of those SS Vita special edition bundles helped HW this week, they seemed to be popular. I thought the special design looked nice and I briefly considered picking up a bundle myself. SS did alright, but considering it was supposed to be the Vita savior, not so great... With no more SS HW bundles available, I'd imagine Vita will be in the 20-25k range next week before falling again.

3ds not bad with nothing new this week. SRW UX with the HW bundles should give a boost next week.

ps3 falls and psp surges? Wasn't really expecting that.

A week before the release people said the game will not even sold 50k and now people said the game is supposed to be the psvita saviour!

I don`t even consider Monster Hunter the psp saviour,sure Monster Hunter help a lot the psp but without other 3rd party games like Persona/Hatsune Miku,Final Fantasy ,AKB etc psp would sold a lot less.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

No new games for 3DS - (# of Vita's best games released on the last week + major price drop) = a little more than 3DS in its worst week since a few months ago. You can say nick picking everything, Sony's fans are doing the same. You won the battle, you are not even close to win the war.

Around the Network
zhao3gold said:
So, with SS and price drop, PSV only tops 3DS with approximate 2000 units. Does it deserve to a congratulation?

@kresnik

IIRC wasn't SK sold out again and Hometown has also the DD sales.

cbarroso09 said:
No new games for 3DS - (# of Vita's best games released on the last week + major price drop) = a little more than 3DS in its worst week since a few months ago. You can say nick picking everything, Sony's fans are doing the same. You won the battle, you are not even close to win the war.

But 3ds has a better line up then psvita:Pokemon+Final Fantasy spin off+Animal Crossing+Monster Hunter+dragon quest

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

smbu2000 said:

Looks like all of those SS Vita special edition bundles helped HW this week, they seemed to be popular. I thought the special design looked nice and I briefly considered picking up a bundle myself. SS did alright, but considering it was supposed to be the Vita savior, not so great... With no more SS HW bundles available, I'd imagine Vita will be in the 20-25k range next week before falling again.

3ds not bad with nothing new this week. SRW UX with the HW bundles should give a boost next week.

ps3 falls and psp surges? Wasn't really expecting that.

Was it supposed to be the Vita savior?  A completely new IP?  Really?  Did Sony say that, or a major publication?  Or just a few people on internet forums who obviously didn't know what they were talking about one way or another?

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

1. PlayStation Vita – 63,581 (62,543)
  2. 3DS LL – 39,801 (50,265)
  3. 3DS – 21,207 (27,174)
  4. PlayStation 3 – 19,567 (25,725)
  5. PSP – 18,023 (11,171)
  6. Wii U – 9,454 (10,021)
  7. Wii – 1,363 (1,383)
  8. Xbox 360 – 738 (486)

Am I the only one who notice that all systems sold worse this week than the week before, with the exception of Sony portables?

Ah.. ok.. XBox360 also sold better, but that " better" is so low that it hardly has any relevance.....

small44 said:

A week before the release people said the game will not even sold 50k and now people said the game is supposed to be the psvita saviour!

I don`t even consider Monster Hunter the psp saviour,sure Monster Hunter help a lot the psp but without other 3rd party games like Persona/Hatsune Miku,Final Fantasy ,AKB etc psp would sold a lot less.

It's been predicted to be the Vita savior since last year, which is why so many thought it was a bad move to delay the release of the game. I guess Sony wanted to counter the release of MH4, which was supposed to be in March until it was delayed, with their big Vita games/price cut. The only problem for the Vita is that it doesn't have any big exclusive games left for 2013, unless Sony has a Vita Heaven 3 up their sleeve with big unannounced games. Nothing left to counter the big exclusive (Pokemon/MH4) and medium sized games that will be released on the 3ds.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"