By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz's top 10 sellers list featured in Alabama's largest newspaper

ioi, congrats but be careful. npd nielsen and even amazon are doing pr against you saying that you are not getting your stats legally from retailerz. pr in the states will be difficult if this continues.

Around the Network

wcwif said:
ioi, congrats but be careful. npd nielsen and even amazon are doing pr against you saying that you are not getting your stats legally from retailerz. pr in the states will be difficult if this continues.

Amazon? Seriously?

Link please.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

there is no link. my partners and i have been working on launching a site that is similar to vgchartz.com but uses sales from all of the firms and channel partners who provide sales lists (with their permission of course because we are in the U.S. and dont want to be tracked down and sued) as well as sales and shipping info from the publishers and manufacturers. it has been difficult but we are close to having the beta completed. it will be a one stop shop for the publicly available information that's out there with just about everything you would ever want to know about all of the industry players.

this is how we know so much about what these firms are thinking. personally i believe in this site. i like being able to have access to these numbers but not everyone feels the way i do.

quigontcb, you beat me to this topic. I was about to post it. I am from Birmingham, Alabama and I too was surprised when I saw "Top 10 selling video games for the week ending Jan 26 (or whatever it was)." I do have a copy of the paper (it was a Sunday paper). Tell me if anyone still needs to see the copy, I will upload it via Photobucket or imageshack.

Okay, the usernames consisting of random letters are starting to set off my radar.

Around the Network

Claude beyond your constant paranoia, the fact that you use random letters and numbers after your first name sets off my radar too. whats up with that?
Now that thats out of the way, you asked before so now i will tell you.
one of my biz partners used to post on here with the name "who cares where its from". when we dumped him, i saw that he used this site, changed the account name to wcwif to reflect the general belief that even though i thought he was a moron i agreed with him that this site was cool. get it?

wcwif said:
Claude beyond your constant paranoia, the fact that you use random letters and numbers after your first name sets off my radar too. whats up with that?
Now that thats out of the way, you asked before so now i will tell you.
one of my biz partners used to post on here with the name "who cares where its from". when we dumped him, i saw that he used this site, changed the account name to wcwif to reflect the general belief that even though i thought he was a moron i agreed with him that this site was cool. get it?

At least my name is cool and can be combined with terms to become even more awesome, such as: ClaudeLv250wned! Your name looks like some fake wrestling federation and can't be combined with cool terms. I win.

ouch! i am now your beyatch ...............until i can come up with a better response :)

vgchartz is becoming more noticed, thats good. popularity breeds popualrity

wcwif said:
 What are Nielsen and Amazon saying about VGChartz? Its too bad they are so threatened by this website but it also shows VGC is making progress. This is great news.