By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

theprof00 said:
I don't know why you're addressing me, jay, I have no problem with you or your thread, or the reasoning for the bans. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules.

Sorry, i dont mean it to sound like Im upset with you(I'm not, I'm glad you agree). I may have worded that wrong.  

But i noticed some people upset (Not you) in here and my name is being plastered in this thread so I thought i'd give my side to it.  I dont know how I managed to upset people by posting a discount but I did.  

And for the people who has been calling that thread spam, it was to help people out, nothing more. People post deals on game related stuff all the time on this site inluding  PS3/PSV/Memory Cards/3DS/ etc on this site and nobody has ever considered those spam until this thread -_-  

Around the Network
axumblade said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
There are still some there that have not been moderated. Calling people trolls is against forum rules. Nothing has been done yet.

So the target of your vendetta is Carl? *slaps theprof00 with a large trout*

I have nothing against carl at all. I like Carl. These are the rules.

I mean, if you're looking for Carl to get banned, you might be waiting a while. Other than his argument he got in with another user a while back, his mod history has been pretty clear for close to 2 years...

I'm not looking to get him banned at all, but a warning is the *fair* thing to do here.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

So the target of your vendetta is Carl? *slaps theprof00 with a large trout*

I have nothing against carl at all. I like Carl. These are the rules.

Sure, it's a rule. But it's a nonsensical one. This particular point highlights why this thread and your intentions are troublesome. It looks like you will choose enforcement of rules over common sense.

Unfortunately we've been shown that common sense doesn't prevail. If rules are to be the prevailing factor in coming to moderation decisions, then either lighten the rules or stick to the ones you have.

I would greatly prefer a common sense law, you have no idea.

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
I don't know why you're addressing me, jay, I have no problem with you or your thread, or the reasoning for the bans. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules.

Sorry, i dont mean it to sound like Im upset with you(I'm not, I'm glad you agree). I may have worded that wrong.  

But i noticed some people upset (Not you) in here and my name is being plastered in this thread so I thought i'd give my side to it.  I dont know how I managed to upset people by posting a discount but I did.  

And for the people who has been calling that thread spam, it was to help people out, nothing more. People post deals on game related stuff all the time on this site inluding  PS3/PSV/Memory Cards/3DS/ etc on this site and nobody has ever considered those spam until this thread -_-  

Oh, it was just the @OP you put in your post. Several people have done that now, so I wasn't sure why it kept happening but your explanation seems to fit for how it could happen.

EDIT: Oh, I actually see where it came from, my OP referred to your "rule", but there may just be confusion because I said that didn't matter. Similar, but slightly different idea.

I thought it was hilarious that so many people got banned in that thread... If I were to ever get banned I would not want it to be something so simple as that.

Around the Network

Btw I didn't get banned, but instead I received a warning. Either way I don't think I deserved it. Why? Because we were discussing the sale of a year's subscription of live for $34.99, and saying it's "Still too pricey for what's offered. Zero dollars and zero cents would be nice, or dedicated servers for all popular games" shouldn't of warranted any moderation. It was an opinion of the new price. Simple as that. If it were free I would have reconnected my 360 for some online action and commented in the thread "positively."

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Icy-Zone said:
Btw I didn't get banned, but instead I received a warning. Either way I don't think I deserved it. Why? Because we were discussing the sale of a year's subscription of live for $34.99, and saying it's "Still too pricey for what's offered. Zero dollars and zero cents would be nice, or dedicated servers for all popular games" shouldn't of warranted any moderation. It was an opinion of the new price. Simple as that. If it were free I would have reconnected my 360 for some online action and commented in the thread "positively."

I agree.

Icy-Zone said:

Yeah and I bet a lot of people without memberships would go to Cosco or Sam's Club if the membership was free. Since there are membership fees for Cosco and Sam's club there are probably lots of people who choose not to pay the fee for membership and go to Safeway instead. I doubt many of them go out of their way to tell people with Cosco and Sam's club memberships that it should be free. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about Cosco or Sam's Club or buying groceries in general.

But for some reason if it's Xbox Live Gold instead of Cosco there are people that can't let a positive comment go unchallenged. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about XBox Live or online gaming in general.

Icy-Zone said:

The wasnt point of the OP's thread.

kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:

Yeah and I bet a lot of people without memberships would go to Cosco or Sam's Club if the membership was free. Since there are membership fees for Cosco and Sam's club there are probably lots of people who choose not to pay the fee for membership and go to Safeway instead. I doubt many of them go out of their way to tell people with Cosco and Sam's club memberships that it should be free. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about Cosco or Sam's Club or buying groceries in general.

But for some reason if it's Xbox Live Gold instead of Cosco there are people that can't let a positive comment go unchallenged. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about XBox Live or online gaming in general.

I don't know what that has to do with what I wrote, but I believe you get to buy more groceries for a cheaper price at Cosco. Now you know.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!