By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

When does being over 70 in metacritic mean "mediocre or bad"? xDD

Around the Network
KingHades said:
This is why certain idiots don't deserve the power to make threads...
79 is not horrible it's OK.

So I assume you think 6 out of 8 core games below 80 as being an achievement.....Yeah ok.

Why do we need to talk about this? its only 2 points behind M$.....Big deal.

think-man said:

5 of the 8 games from MSFT above 80.  4 above 85.  2 above 90.   One below 80.  one beloe 70 which is what drags it down.  

Sony's list has been consistent with mediocre games whil MSFT had a mediocre and a bad game.  The rest was not.

its really no secret that last year wasnt a really big year for sony's first party. this year things are looking much better and next year will look great as well.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:

5 of the 8 games from MSFT above 80.  4 above 85.  2 above 90.   One below 80.  one beloe 70 which is what drags it down.  

Sony's list has been consistent with mediocre games whil MSFT had a mediocre and a bad game.  The rest was not.

And that's taking like what?

2012 of the PS3 vs 2010, 2011 and 2012 of the 360

xD

Aldro said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:

And that's taking like what?

2012 of the PS3 vs 2010, 2011 and 2012 of the 360

xD

Yes.  Ive also said that im not happy with microsoft.  Neither one of them has done great in recent years but people defending these games and then attacking the other company are looking childish.  Ill say right now that MSFT needs to step up with being more consistent with core releases. Im not going to defend that and play damage control

Sony has been releasing way too many mediocre games and they need to step that up.  I expect the NeXbox and PS4 to fix this problem.  Also im expecting the last of us to be good

When did an average of 79 equate to mediocrity? unless its a range of 7-10.

I personally place little importance on metacritic scores, I understand that some gamers might not have enough money to spend on games on a whim but tbh I find it frankly a little disappointing that metacritic is used as a scale to judge how good a game is, GTA IV one of the highest rated this gen and for me the worst in the series.

God of War Ascension isn't even released yet. That review score isn't even final. BTW, I wouldn't call LBP Karting a "core" game. Might as well include Wonderbook in there. Nice try though.

VGKing said:
God of War Ascension isn't even released yet. That review score isn't even final. BTW, I wouldn't call LBP Karting a "core" game. Might as well include Wonderbook in there. Nice try though.

if i remove LBP Karting then im removing fable the journey.  Your decision