By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW Ascension: Review Thread

Tagged games:

Reviewers really are insatiable these days.

Can't say I'm surprised by this, given the beating Halo 4/NSMBU got from some reviewers, but still. Seems like a shame.

Hopefully this might encourage some PS4 rebooting. I would love, love, love to see an Egyptian era God of War game.

Around the Network

Overall the game got good reviews. I really don´t understand what some people are blabbering about. It´s a good game and it will please the fans of the series.

at xxain- not directly with my words but it sounded like gow ascension is a prequel, we know that kratos will survive and will climb the olymp, no surprises here.

Seriously i have heard one word of this reviewer and i have knowed the only thing the reviewer will do is bash the game.

Based on this I'm curious about the direction SSM will take with future installments. Seems like most people agree that the universe of Ancient Greece has been fully explored. Either way, I get the sense this game was done for experimental purposes and light the path for future installments.

I pre ordered the collector's edition, and I'm inclined to think I won't have an issue with the game based on the reviews so far.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Conegamer said:
nnodley said:
If the only reason it's getting lower scores is that it is exactly like every other GOW game. This is why I hate reviewers. Of course, it's gonna be the same as every other game in the series, but with a different story. Doesn't matter because the first 30 minutes of the game are awesome and I fully expect the rest of the game to amazing as well.

You should check out reviews for a little series known as Zelda, or Layton, or a game known as "Super Mario Galaxy 2". Both feature from the problems you mention.

I wouldn't say this fact is as prevelant here. It does look very good, but...

add one or two troll reviews with 2/10 or 5.5/10 and you get a Halo 4 effect. It is just stupid. 

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Still going to be a Day 1. Reviewers haven't gotten it right in a long time now. Trash like Far cry 3 sitting at 91.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

haha gamespot review says that in the MP you can get through by smashing buttons! Please do not take this as advice. If you go in thinking this you will get your ass whooped like no tomorrow

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Attoyou said:
Still going to be a Day 1. Reviewers haven't gotten it right in a long time now. Trash like Far cry 3 sitting at 91.

Far cry 3 is awesome. 

Not trash.

Awesome.

do you guys think the low scores are do to this being the end of the gen.?

M.U.G.E.N said:
haha gamespot review says that in the MP you can get through by smashing buttons! Please do not take this as advice. If you go in thinking this you will get your ass whooped like no tomorrow

I went in to the beta like that...I came out crying.