By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lego City: Undercover Is 'Best Game On Wii U & Will Sell Consoles'

NintendoPie said:
HoloDust said:
Well, I know my kids will pester me until I get them this (both are huge LEGO fans), but I'm afraid, at this price point, WiiU is not an option for just that one game....so, once there is a price cut and few more must have games get released, I think it's very feasible it will have long legs.

When Mario Kart comes out... I'll be forced to buy a Wii U. Forced I tell you!

Didn't know you already are a father? In which ep. of "17 & pregnant" can I see your GF and child?

Around the Network
KHlover said:

Didn't know you already are a father? In which ep. of "17 & pregnant" can I see your GF and child?

I'll be forced by my own mind. Not some future-child that I will have.

HoloDust said:
Well, I know my kids will pester me until I get them this (both are huge LEGO fans), but I'm afraid, at this price point, WiiU is not an option for just that one game....so, once there is a price cut and few more must have games get released, I think it's very feasible it will have long legs.

ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Lego City Undercover, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Monster Hunter as retail games and Little Inferno, Nano Assault Neo and Trine 2 from the eShop are all worth the price of admission...at least for me anyway!

NintendoPie said:
KHlover said:

I'll be forced by my own mind. Not some future-child that I will have.

Dissapointed. Already had some Kleenex and toilet paper at hand :/

Lego City Undercover + Monster Hunter 3Ultimate + the best version of Need4Speed Most Wanted + The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct + Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien + Toki Tori 2 (it is ready on Nintendo's hands) :
There are good games this month, so it is not just Lego City: Undercover and the variety of genres is good enough to increase sales, in my opinion.

Around the Network
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

I love that the article just assumes we're supposed to know who "Loz Doyle" is. 

The "Great" Loz Doyle... Oh this made me LauGh.

And Arcturus has a DOG avatar wearing a suit. Oh man that was great!!!! Phew! One word... "who?"

What's so funny? I don't get it.

He's basically the head behind all the lego games, which sold more than any game you might put on a pedestal...

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Lego&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Just the first 63 total 77 million units sold. GuerillaGames who? Yeah.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
NintendoPie said:
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

LOL.

who is that actually????

Tt are the people who make the LEGO Games. 

Lol. Why is everything so funny to you?

Omg you know what this article reminds me of...

Back in the early days of the PS3 launch, when Sony was JUST getting over the negatives slew of articles pertaining to the PS3 launch. They finally started getting a little bit of positive press, and then some RANDOM SHMUCK named "Dean Takahaski" from the "Mercury News" wrote some random bullshit article, in what I believe was an online publication, claiming "Developers were dropping PS3 due to poor sales." He then of coarse followed that up by heaping praise on microsofts amazing catologue of games, and how microsoft was in such a fantastic position to crush sony.

Anti-Sony blogs like "kotaku" picked up the story as if the fuckin POPE had just issued an edict. Was Dean "nobody cares who I am" Takahaski a microsoft plant? I still don't know. Anybody remember that story???

I don't see the correlation with this information...

Stop hating and start playing.

snowdog said:
HoloDust said:

ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Lego City Undercover, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Monster Hunter as retail games and Little Inferno, Nano Assault Neo and Trine 2 from the eShop are all worth the price of admission...at least for me anyway!

I get what you're saying there, though from that whole list there is nothing that will even remotely make me go and buy WiiU at current price point - except for LEGO City Undercover, which is only title I MUST have at some point - and I think that TT and Nintendo know pretty well that amount of parents with kids that are LEGO fans is quite big (just look at the sale numbers of their games).

Still, that is not enough for me to purchase WiiU right now, so my remark on few more games was mainly targeted at Mario Kart and Zelda, though I can see for other people some other games being reason to buy it.

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks and all that! Think your kids will love Scribblenauts though when you do get one, and will help with their spelling too as an added bonus.

I`m getting this one and i bet a lot of Wii U owners will buy it (as MH3 U) as there really haven`t been any new games since early January.
Honestly, i´m surprised there isn`t a Wii U bundle for this game. I think Wii U would be more appealing with a bundle. More visibility at least!