By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Linkzmax said:
I asked because I don't know your usual time, but as you had been online ~21 hours from the point I asked I thought you might come on. And radish might have known you had other plans.

It was a legitimate question to Radish. 

In general I live a very unhealthy lifestyle of doing my enjoyable Internet activities (let your imagination go wild) between 11:30 and 2AM c subsequently waking up late for everything, and spending the rest of my time procrastinating about how I need to do more work.s 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:
Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:

I'm impressed with many of the newbs. 

I'm curious who you meant by this.

Also, can you elaborate on why you voted me. Surely the one reason given wasn't all you were thinking of.

I don't recall when I said this- what was the context? It was probably because BL and Seth had been quite active upto that point. BL in particular stood out for me, and I actually think he managed to work out the scum coaching thing himself - it's not exactly a hard concept to grasp if you have two brain cells to rub together.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5201639

Seth had disappeared for a while by the time you posted, but if you'd been catching up it may not have seemed like such a long time.

I'm not taking kindly to your straw man.

Ah yes, that was on the end of my catch upso quite literally it seemed like an hour. 

As to the "straw man" - I'm not familiar with the phrase :/ An Americanism? 

Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:
One thing to note - Rol has literally been on every lynch train. Similarly Linkz has been on a couple as well.
Hungry, hungry hippos.

Indeed the implications of that must mean

Correct. 

"A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position." - Wikipedia

benao87 said:

Nothing to say?

Around the Network

"Known in the UK as an Aunt Sally"
I'm sorry, but if someone was to say to me "I'm not liking your Aunt Sally" I'd just be offended.
Basically, ever politician reply ever is what it boils down to. So in this case- my aunt Sally is my probably reason for saying I'm impressed with many of the newbs?

Oh sorry, thought that was your elaboration of why you voted me.

Okay. And Rol, you're still following as well right?

7 minutes to go...

Signature goes here!

I was thinking flavor-wise one team and a SK makes more sense, but anything is possible. Flips and the results of a Night or two will be more telling. No use worrying about it now.