By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

I did answer about Radish, I think it's suspicious that he flip flopped so brutally a few days back and I've already discussed that with you just a few hours ago. His defense comes down to claiming vanilla town and a case against mario which others have shot some holes in.

Interesting that you say that he doesn't usually joke though, I took it as a joke right of the bat and had actually thought about making pretty much the exact same joke myself.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Makes no sense.^

No. I know what he was saying bong. He does not make jokes, and that was a big one. Like his joke he made last game when he claimed cop. Oh shoot! That is two jokes.

I think happyd is the one who is scum on his list.

What's the matter? You two cannot answer my question about radish? What's the matter? Ak I scumbuddies with radish or you think he is town?

I joke all the time. Whether I joke more or less(Or if the jokes are worse/better) as town or scum I have no idea.

I've said since practically the start that I think radish is town. And I've never said I suspect you.

Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:
Makes no sense.^

No. I know what he was saying bong. He does not make jokes, and that was a big one. Like his joke he made last game when he claimed cop. Oh shoot! That is two jokes.

What's the matter? You two cannot answer my question about radish? What's the matter? Ak I scumbuddies with radish or you think he is town?

I joke all the time. Whether I joke more or less(Or if the jokes are worse/better) as town or scum I have no idea.

I've said since practically the start that I think radish is town. And I've never said I suspect you.

What makes you think he is town?

spurgeonryan said:
Also my make no sense comment was aimed at linkz joke explanation.

It's simple, there's no way you can say radish only had 1 of the 4 right. For all you should KNOW, he's wrong about you and could have 0-3 of the others right.

Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:
Makes no sense.^

What makes you think he is town?

Here, you can start with this. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5190896

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
You think radish is town even with all that has happened in the past hour plus before with him? That seems to be enough for even you to take a serious jump?

You are the one who can supposedly read radish. Why are you still leaning town?

What's happened that you think is scummy? I already addressed his making a case against Mario.

Linkzmax said:

Here, you can start with this. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5190896

So basically you're read on him is based on his meta? I don't have that luxury so I would need more to back off.

How do you fweel about Radish's claim that scum spurge is likely to go after him and ping him like he did this game?

Why Yoshiya should be lynched Day 1:

radishhead said:
Spurge is always a crazy person, but this "ping" doesn't make any sense at all - as a rule, I try to stay clear of declaring "suspicion" from the first few posts, but this definitely feels like a player trying to get rid of my early. This is what Mario did throughout last round, and he turned out to be Mafia

Yoshiya said: Since when have you been so paranoid? O.o You were like this last game as well

Boom! In with the "paranoid" on the first page, and 2nd of his posts overall. Not to mention the instant contradiction: "when have you been so paranoid" -> "you were like this last game". So I was paranoid last game too? Nice work trying to throw the "paranoid" word around early to get it into people's minds (it works too, as can be seen from later discussion)

Yoshiya said:
Also, the fact that Mario has stepped down from saying he is Miller means I am willing to believe Stefl is confirmed town (unless FF or Nacho come in and say otherwise).

I'm definitely not liking the lack of participation from Nacho this game, from what I remember he at least makes an early check in comment. Zero's lack of participation also flags up as well.

Still not liking Radish too much because of the whole paranoia thing (it seems almost faked after what happened last game with it) but I'm not willing to vote him for it.

Getting a town reading off HappyD and Bong Lover at the moment (If I remember correctly, Bong seems to be playing like I did first game whereby he refused to vote until he was absolutely certain because he's afraid something might go wrong if he votes a fellow towny).

Rest of you are neutral except DT. DT's always scum :P

This is still only the first day, so I think it's a bit early to be calling people out for non-activity at this point. Keeping in mind that this is only his 4th post in the round, notice that he can't get over the "paranoia" theory (but also notice that he's not willing to commit to a vote, simply reminding people of his theory for an easy push later on). Got a town read from HappyD despite the only thing him doing at this point in the round is confuse him for Stefl and credit him with something that he didn't do.

Yoshiya said:
I'm willing to give FF at least 24 more hours before I vote for him, if he doesn't post after too long however, I will join in on this policy lynch.
I guess it's generous that he's giving FF another day? Still very keen to go ahead with this "policy lynch".

happydolphin said:
I appreciate your town read on me, but you seem a bit eager to policy lynch and I don't really like that too too much.

Yoshiya said: Seems weird that you are picking up on my saying of this and not say Radish who said he was going to do it before I did but oh well, I'll explain why I am willing to go with it.
It basically comes down to the fact that FF knew he was going to be signing up for a game that was going to start sometime in the next few days and as such, to go 48 hours+ without even checking in seems kind of weird, especially since everyone playing gets a PM that lets them know the game has started meaning you don't have to check the thread list each day to see if it exists yet or not.

I didn't actually realise how hard Yoshiya was tunnelling my case until I started analysing these posts - and I thought he was probably Mafia before this point. As I mentioned earlier, a few Mafia-aligned players normally try to put in a little suspicion on me early to make it easier to lynch me later; saw me as a bit of an easy target. This attitude of effectively "no idea why you're asking me when you should be asking Radish" is a huge supporting point of this. Besides, my post simply said "If FF gets to L1 then I'll hammer" - a reference to my role as "executioner", and not an invitation to start piling votes on FF as a mere policy lynch.

By this point in the game, Yoshiya has made around 8 posts, yet called out 3 people for lurking. It's very safe play, and keeping attention away from his lack of general contribution.

Yoshiya said:
Just a comment aimed the newbies in general;

Be more confident in your own opinions. I know it's hard but at the end of the Day, the only person you can trust is yourself. If you keep questioning everything you'll just end up being putty in the hands of the mafia.

That said, Bong Lover's constant cross-examining of himself is definitely giving me a good feeling. He also isn't letting himself be thrown too much by the vets which suggests that he doesn't have to worry about making mistakes (besides accidently lynching a fellow town) like a noob mafia would.

Weird post, with some good intentions behind it but generally unnecessary. Bong Lover is town because he's uncertain and "cross-examining" himself, yet he's also being strong and not thrown around by the more experienced players? Is there any way that he might not be town?
At this point, Yoshiya draws suspicion from Linkz, Spurge and DT. Make of that what you wish. He doesn't post for about a day, and then we get a few more posts, including a particularly damning one for his case in my eyes.

radishhead said:
I wouldn't say I get "paranoid" - all I'm saying is that the Mafia tend to put anti-Radish sentiments into the minds of the town to get me lynched.
Yoshiya says: This has to be one of the most oxymoronic statements I've read in a while haha. Unfortunately for Radish however, knowing him in real life means that I know he starts to act this way when he is uncomfortable (contradicting his own statements, acting forgetful etc.) so from where I am standing it seems like he had something to hide right from the moment he started to contradict himself. As such;
Vote: Radishhead

You can see from my previous analysis that Yoshiya has been building up to this vote from his very first non-checking-in post. It's no different to the posts I had been making earlier about other players catching me early, and ironically- it's proving true in this scenario. There's nothing contradictory in my statement here - simply disagreeing with the wording of an accusation. By voting this way, he's effectively confirmed by theory and confirmed himself as Mafia.

Yoshiya said:
O.o That's a lot of votes on Nacho all of a sudden. I'm not liking how he managed to get 4 votes that quickly when we are coming up to a deadline.

FF can you please explain your reasoning for voting, considering you've effectively put him in the firing line for now I'd have thought that you would have a legit reason...

Although the sudden influx of votes for Nacho at this point of the game could be considered unnerving, it's worth mentioning that he had little such reservation to putting his name down for my lynch after a series of others. Notice how he's concerned about "coming up to a deadline" - this sense of shock in the sudden turnaround suggests that he assumed his ideal lynch candidate was guaranteed before this moment (maybe they're both mafia).

Yoshiya said:
Just dropping in before the Day ends. I'm unlikely to be around much after this before the Night starts so if you have any questions to ask me.

Also, having read the posts over the last few hours, I'm still fine with lynching Radishhead, he seems to be clawing desperately now for people to go after someone he seems to have a vendetta against (look at how quickly he went after Mario in the last game as well).

Yoshiya's last post in this round to date. I've taken out a few that I didn't consider important, but it's worth noting that he hasn't been active on the same level as Mario (who I previously analysed) or a number of other players for that matter. Of course, this alone isn't enough to convict him of being Mafia-aligned, so let's analyse his leaving post. It's important to consider here that he knows this will be the last message players see from him before Night and a lynch (unless someone specifically asks for him).
The whole concept of "dropping in" is reminiscent of Yoshiya's entire play this round so far; mainly watching from the sides, and making comments where necessary. Very safe. All the while he's been making this slow, yet powerful, campaign against myself - the conclusion to this simply confirming to us that he's "fine" with my lynch. Describing the detailed analysis of Mario as "desperately" making attempts to free myself from lynch shows that he's not interested in such analysis, and would rather see me dead without any further discussion.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:

So basically you're read on him is based on his meta? I don't have that luxury so I would need more to back off.

How do you fweel about Radish's claim that scum spurge is likely to go after him and ping him like he did this game?

Yes, I've learned long ago that if I trest radish as a normal individual I'd mislynch him every time he's Town and let him go every time he's Scum. It's not foolproof, but my track record is something like 90%.

spurgeonryan said:
Great radish! But why shouldn't we lynch you? Why cant you post like that all the time besides when you are on lynch watch?

Being on lynch watch tends to put you on edge, but being confident that at least 3 mafia are currently on my lynch encourage me to at least show that I know that they never beat me- only the rest of the town who couldn't see what their tricks were. If you ever want a detailed analysis thing, you only have to ask - they take at least 20 mins to compile though, so it's a bit of a hassle

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~