By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

radishhead said:
As I said earlier, I believe that HD is probably mafia for pointing it out. Here's the logic:

1) Mafia know who's town and who's mafia
2) When I said "Linkz is mafia" - it doesn't matter if Linkz was mafia or not, the mafia players would be thinking "sweet/oh no - radishhead thinks Linkz is mafia"
3) When I change my mind, they notice, because they've already devised their plans around the fact that I think Linkz is mafia.
4) They realise that they can use this to their advantage to get me lynched!

When it comes down to it, I didn't even realise the contradiction I made, and I was the one that made the posts! How could any normal town player have realised it? It must have been a mafia team working together to notice the error.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
supermario128 said:

scum list:
Spurge, Nen, Hatmoza, SethNintendo, Noctis

town list:
Mario, Stefl, Linkz, Zero, Rol, Bong Lover, Radish, FF, Yoshiya

not sure:
Nacho, MT Zehover, Benao, Astrogamer, Thanatos, HappD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my general feeling so far. I didn't base this list on much, so it may change rather dramatically as time goes on. Don't feel too bad if you are town on my scum list. If you are scum on my town list let me know so I can fix that. Thanks.

Firstly can you explain this list in some more depths now that the game has been going on longer? 

Secondly, this lost makes me get a scummy vibe on you. Based on the scum list being a mixture of my town reads, and following the flow. Noctis is the exception to that, so can you explain this in more depth? 

Thirdly, I also disagree with several of your town list -Stefl, Linkz, zero, role, ff and Yoshiya I wouldn't have put intown. Not to say they would be in scum, but defo not town atm. 

I like the witty comment at the end though, so don't feel too hurt by your wrongness ;) (That was a joke- I'm not arrogant enough or set confident in my reads yet. Mainly saying this as I shall use this to refer to my town/scum leads when I get to the quote Linkz asks me a question) 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

benao87 said:
@Rol, You posted after Final-Fan content post, are you still holding your vote to lynch him?

@SuperMario, Nen, and DT, what about you guys.

@Nacho The statistics you provided were indeed interesting, but even as a joke, rol's point stands true, we may be different from those games. However, I will bear in mind your point.

No. I said when I voted him that i was agreeing with the policy lynch for if he didnt post. He posts now. Ergo, that reason is invalid. I don't think he is town though, not scum. 

On the one hand him being town and wanting to post could be the reason. On the other hand he was town last round and didnt post, and when he did was just plain wrong. He has picked up his game, so maybe he is scum and that's the reason? Eitherway he is not high one scum or town list

Final-Fan said:

PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND IF I AM ASKING YOU SOMETHING.  I HAVE A LOT OF COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS HERE. 

(@Rol)  "Drunkvoting"?  Are you mixing me and someone else or just making shit up? 
2.  I don't feel DT's enjoyable use of flavor can be considered indication of alignment.  Same for Bong Lover. 
3.  I sympathize with people saying scum would be unlikely to come right out and claim miller at the start of Day 1, but you never know.  WIFOM 
4.  (@DT)  Aw, you're just sore.  (EBNR*:  later posts invalidate this remark) 
5.  Nen comes in and is incredibly defensive.  Scum points for nen and bonus points for the people suspecting him. 
6.  (@Nen)  So if you're scum 80% of the time, you'll agree that it's a smart move for a townie to lynch you Day 1? 
7.  (@Linkz)  I know you were joking, but you may recall nen (IIRC) had a habit of typing "am" to mean "I'm"; now he's apparently migrated to doing the opposite. 
8.  I did the links retroactively before here. 
9.  (@DT)  "booby role like Mason"?  What? 
10.  (@Rol)  I'm not only miller, but cop, mason, and doctor as well. 
11.  Bong is shaping up into quite the newbie MVP; we'll see whether it's as town or scum.  (EBNR:  People who are saying he would never be savvy enough as a noob to refer to the flavor as scum should consider the overall high quality of his play, regardless of being a first timer here.  NACHO) 
12.  benao is fine, I'm keeping my eye on him but he looks like at least a decent contributor.  Looks like a good game so far. 
13.  (@seth)  Really?  That's all you've got to say? 
14.  (@nen)  It was two posts, you idiot. 
15.  It may have actually been noctis.  I thought it was a weak question also, because "of course I can day talk, I'm doing it right now!" 
16.  (@zero)  I'm still confused.  Do you mean yoshiya is acting as he normally does when scum, or that when yoshiya is scum he acts normally (i.e. same as when town)? 
17.  (@nacho)  That is terrible logic.  Expecting to lose a town on the first day lynch doesn't really make it less damaging.  Your statistics are interesting, but I'm not sure how relevant it is to a different community (different "meta" of playing) and more importantly a totally different setup (size etc.). 

*EBNR:  edit but not really

FoS nen-suer, sm128, sethnintendo

I'd vote seth but he may fall under the noob protection clause.  But is this really his first game?  I thought he'd done one before. 
Anyway, nen would be my second choice.  Actually he's my best suspect, but if he survives and is town I think he's more likely to be an asset than seth is, no offense seth. 

I don't understand what you mean with 4)

9) I meant miller. Rol corrected me and said that I meant miller back when I posted it. I thought it was kinda obvious considering the context, but when catching up you miss things (I know from current experience right now :P - so I'll let you off it) 

nen I considered town from early on. Partially because I agreed with what he was saying, and partly because many people were suspecting/voting him. Gives you scummy pints, but then so many players voted for him don't feel like I'm isolating you out. That you responded thoroughly makes up for it. 

Finally, whilst I understand it is neater to respond like this; the hyperlinks are a pain in the ass for mobile reading, so id rather if people just direct quoted for shorter posts and split it into more posts to neaten it. I understand why you did it like this though, and I imagine its fine for PC- just saying its harder for me. 

"It"? You mean two of the half dozen people who voted nen are scum? What a bold guess!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network
DarkThanatos said:

I don't understand what you mean with 4)

9) I meant miller. Rol corrected me and said that I meant miller back when I posted it. I thought it was kinda obvious considering the context, but when catching up you miss things (I know from current experience right now :P - so I'll let you off it) 

nen I considered town from early on. Partially because I agreed with what he was saying, and partly because many people were suspecting/voting him. Gives you scummy pints, but then so many players voted for him don't feel like I'm isolating you out. That you responded thoroughly makes up for it. 

Finally, whilst I understand it is neater to respond like this; the hyperlinks are a pain in the ass for mobile reading, so id rather if people just direct quoted for shorter posts and split it into more posts to neaten it. I understand why you did it like this though, and I imagine its fine for PC- just saying its harder for me. 

4.  Don't worry about it. 
9.  It was seemingly obvious but I wanted to ask anyway. 

In that particular case doing 16 posts separately would have been dumb IMO.  But would it make a difference if I put the links in thier regular form?  (i.e. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5201557 )  Or are you just unable to follow links entirely? 

In any case, the format I used there was because of how much I was catching up on and commenting on all at once, so it's not likely to be a regular occurrence. 

hatmoza said:
DarkThanatos said:
spurgeonryan said:
Holy Shit! You and dt sure went off the deep end off a little ping post.

You two cray cray?

Thorough.

I had the entire day off today, so i can concentrate on the game :P 

I actually just wanted the specific game that it happened to Radish, but oh well. He seems very paranoid, but he is also actually posting a lot. Maybe he is always paranoid, but doesn't post enough for me to pick up on it? ;) 

I'm only catching up but I find this post weird. Radish already gave his reasons to why he's suspicious of Spurge, and honestly, it piqued my curiosity. Maybe there is a trend of scum pushing for a Radish lynch day. Radish was capable of swaying my feelings towards spurge to be frank.

You on the other hand dismiss his response with this post -labeling him as "paranoid"... I'm actually pretty satisfied with Radish's responses.

Plus, winks and emoticons in general always rub me wrong.

This post is old, but hatzmosa wanted a response. First off, radish is in my top town leans now. The stuff he has been saying and more the manner of it- very radish town vibe. I do disagre with some stuff he has said, but even so. 

I wasn't dismissing him as paranoid, I has been asking him beforehand and he did come across as paranoid. I believe yyoshiya also picked up on it back then. Maybe it was because we know what he is like IRL. Eitherway my current read is town on him

and oh god, you would go livid seeing me using any messenger software. It's like every other second with an emoticon xD

Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:

Townie points to Stefl for the miller claim ( and picking up on my PM reference) . It would be a bold tactic to do right at the start as scum, as a possible town-rolecop (not out of the question even though rare- it's a big game) would pick him as a primary target, and other roles. 

Why didn't you consider a townie counter-claiming?

Miller has come up in like one game I've played, if a town counter claimed I would have responded as such then, but when I wrote the post a counter claim just didnt click in my mind because - for me- its an obscure role. 

While I'm on Stefl I should clarify something- whilst yes on the Mario list I responded earlier I took Stefl off the townie list- I still think its more likely to be a true claim- I'm still considering him doing it as an early hit for town confidence in him. 

RolStoppable said:
DarkThanatos said:

Au contraire mon ami, 

i would say that Stefl did exactly the right thing. I am willing to belief Stefl's claim because (as i mentioned earlier) its a very brash move for him to make, in such a big game a town rolecop or another role that could reveal him is not out of the question. Secondly, I am willing to believe that Prof would deliberately give Stefl a booby role like Mason for this game. 

Now to relevant to your post - @bolded - he is now primary in the middle of scum night actions. For many players he would be confirmed town. Not a role worthy enough to guarentee doctor protection, but as confirmed town- scum has no reason to keep him around. Stefl is now off the scum list for many players, which makes the possibility of mislynch on him much lower. He is now a primary scum target.

Bolded: You already have enough problems to secure trust in Mafia as it is, so refrain from doing things like this. Nobody trusts the French.

As for the rest, I pretty much agree with it, aside from it being miller, not mason. Nen himself is feeding into linkz's suspicions by taking issue with a person confirming himself as town this early in the game. FF and nacho have yet to post, but I don't think they are going to claim miller.

@FF here is the post I was referring to.

Linkzmax said:
Cool. Seth is probably town. Bong is likely scum. Reads are unrelated, just wanted to hear Bong's answer before I gave the read of Seth.

One of the main things I disagre with you about. I know that you were asked to expand on this before, but can you do it again with your current opinion?