By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

spurgeonryan said:
Ok. Final fan. Ok.

@ bong lover......so...you think all the newbz are town? Lurking is lurking. Scum always have an excuse or try to think of an excuse for it.

Which brings me back to final fan.

NO SPURGE, NOT OK.  It's time for you to answer the damned question. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
DarkThanatos said:

Been a while. Thoughts/reads?

TruckOSaurus said:

VOTALS

Player L-10 L-9 L-8 L-7 L-6 L-5 L-4 L-3 L-2 L-1 Lynched
 Final-Fan  DarkThanatos  nen-suer

No Lynch
 radishhead  benao87  hatmoza                
 nen-suer  Final-Fan  Stefl1504  Nachomamma8  RolStoppable  Linkzmax  Bong Lover          
 Linkzmax  AstroGamer  happydolphin                  
 spurgeonryan  Yoshiya                    
 RolStoppable  spurgeonryan                    
  T-6 T-5 T-4 T-3 T-2 T-1 Timelimit
 TimeLimit  RolStoppable

radishhead

nen-suer

supermario128

VOTES FOR:

supermario128: nen-suer
Final-Fan: RolStoppable, DarkThanatos, supermario128, nen-suer
No Lynch: radishhead, benao87, hatmoza
sethnintendo: nachomamma8, happydolphin
nen-suer: Final-Fan, Stefl1504, Nachomamma8, RolStoppable, Linkzmax, Bong Lover
Linkzmax: AstroGamer, happydolphin
spurgeonryan: Yoshiya, RolStoppable
RolStoppable: spurgeonryan

VOTES BY:

nen-suer: supermario128, Final-Fan
RolStoppable: Final-Fan, spurgeonryan, nen-suer
radishhead: No Lynch
DarkThanatos: Final-Fan
supermario128: Final-Fan
nachomamma8: sethnintendo, nen-suer
happydolphin: sethnintendo, Linkzmax
benao87: No Lynch
hatmoza: No Lynch
Final-Fan: nen-suer
AstroGamer: Linkzmax
Yoshiya: spurgeonryan
Stefl1504: nen-suer
Linkzmax: nen-suer
spurgeonryan: RolStoppable
Bong Lover: nen-suer

Timelimit: RolStoppable, radishhead, nen-suer, supermario128

You know, I always thought F-F returning to his active play style would be welcomed by me. I'm actually more suspicous for some reason now.

Poor F-F can't win either way it seems.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Final-Fan said:
Also, I believe seth when he says he was not a player in any previous game. I might be misremembering but I have a definite memory of him in VGC Mafia, so I'll believe that he was checking in to see what crazy thread game we were doing. Therefore, I'll

Vote nen-suer.

meh, never mind. You voted for my top suspect.

And, yes. I don't remember seth ever playing mafia with us.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:
Oh. Well that's a terrible reason.

But it explains why my PM contained a note that I should troll as much as possible.

Anyway, back to bong. Assuming he is scum, do you think it's possible that hatmoza told him to make a reference to PM text in order to get in an early "confirmed town"? It's a move that could backfire, but also one that could pay off as most people probably would put bong on their list of townies.

I don't believe your PM said any such thing. No matter though.

No, I used to regard hat highly regardless of his alignment, but over time it's become apparant that while he can be very good(as town) at times, he's in it more for the kicks than anything else. I don't mind that though because even if he's town he won't just sabotage town just for the lulz.

And more importantly, if scum, hat is no mastermind.(I used to think he was, but then confirmed that not to be the case) So he would not tell a newbie to act in such a way. It's possible(though unlikely given both the rest of the players and the timeing) that someone else would have instructed him to do so, but even if hat had told him to do such, he would not have further "confirmed" him as town. Why? Because above all else, hat is not a team player. He values his own life in Mafia above everyone else. So he wouldn't tie himself to a plan that could backfire and expose him as scum. hat would know that even with the early head start, he can't always be there to make sure Bong doesn't blow the whole thing up and get himself lynched, not to mention town power roles that can pin Bong as scum. Plus there is likely a SK or Town killing role(just personal setup meta) that could force Bong's flip at any given time.

geesh, I'm blushing over here. But you are very wrong about me being a lone wolf. I only act like that way when I have a personal agenda, which includes -sometimes- personal amusement. Also, I do value my survival more than anything in the game of mafia. I've mentioned that several times before. But I'm not a stranger to throwing my life away if necessary... or if I don't have it my way.

Also one more thing. I tend to make a lot of direct ties with my scum mates when I'm scum. So you're wrong again.

Alas, my point is that it's your twisted meta -just like you posted above- that makes you more harmful than useful when town.

Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:

I really am trying to catch up but every time I come home from my new job I'm just too exhausted to even read.

By the time I get home tomorrow night there's just going to be yet another 130 posts for me to read through.

At this pace I won't be caught up til Sunday. Good night

Vote: No lynch because I actually agree with whoever said it's ok to do a no lynch in a large game. Less damaging when we have leads day 2.

Also because I'm pretty satisfied with a few reads I got up until what I read.

Don't be a bitch just because you don't have time. You are one of my current town reads, so I'm counting on you to help negate/strengthen my thoughts.*

Are there any reads you haven't already mentioned?

I'm not being a bitch, I just work 12 hour shifts. And it's not like I wasn't active before that, just said I I couldn't post last night.

Nen and DT are my prime suspects as I mentioned earlier in the game. I may even switch my vote to nen when I'm fully caught up.

I'm wary of you and F-F but you both suspect nen (up to what I read anyway) so a nen flip would make me feel better or worse about you two. Regarding F-F, I didn't think I would be too concerned about his return, but as soon as he appeared after  many mentions, and a couple votes, my basic instincts just raised limp flags for some reason. I know that's a primitive reason but that's how I feel.

You because of your buddying... I don't mind it too much actually but your erected penis keeps bumping into my thigh.

Stefl1504 said:
Welp, that was a huge amount of new posts :/

I was only able to fly over them right now and didn't think too much about them.

Astro Gamer didn't answer my (hilriously ridiculous) question. I would like an answer to it anyway. He should also try to elaborate what rubs him the wrong way with linkz.
Mario's list seems sound.

Vote: Nen

I think he really is trying to sow discontent. I will make my case a bit later though. (Also, srsly, my last post was ~20 hours ago, am I not allowed to be busy for one day?)

okay, I was going to tell mario that I thought his list was so shitty it gave me a town impression.

Please repost that list and tell me why it's sound. As a recall, he didn't really give that much of a reason to anyone on his list. So, please, explain what he failed to explain and how you came about to labeling it as a "sound" list.

RolStoppable said:
Yoshiya said:
Also, I'm not the first to point this out but I'm definitely not liking the way that Spurge is asking for the go-ahead to lynch FF or the "new lurkers" as he puts it. It's rubbing me up the wrong way considering he's normally happy enough to throw his vote around and for that I'll;

Vote: Spurge

Yes, let's do this.

Vote: spurge

Where is DT?

DT disappeared after I grilled him with a series of question that went unanswered. I'm hoping he responded to at least some of them as I catch up or he's a guaranteed scum in my book.

spurgeonryan said:
Is it normal that Rol is going vote to vote, twisting my words Imo, and having little reason for anything?

I say we lynch him or "obviously lurking hatmoza".

More on hatmoza. Last game he learns talking gets you lynched. No matter what he said when he took over for me, he was still getting lynched. Now he is "busy"? He knows day one sucks ass, because we ha e nothing to hold on to that is reliable. So he lurks all of a sudden.

Throw in ultra lurking newbz and ........

What would scum vets tell a scum newb to do their first game? Post some, but be reserved and make excuses.

I don't want to waste my breathe and ask you "how the fuck was I lurking when I was active?" for the majority of the game because I can see, by reading a few posts above,  how defensive and emotional your responses can get so I'm just gonna carry on and pray for your soul. And probably vote you just to make you cry some mooaaar. Just like you did last round.