By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

theprof00 said:

Posting at night in the thread is allowed.

And in case anyone is unsure. This pretty much guarentees that scum can talk in their QT during the day.

Around the Network
Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:
Bong Lover said:

nen-suer said:

1- So is this your first mafia game ever or your first mafia game on VGC?

1. This is my first mafie game ever and my first mafia game on VGC

Would I be correct in assuming you've followed(read as they occured) some games here though?

No you wouldn't

No, that isn't the case zero. But yes, we won't be lynching Bong toDay.

Oh. Well that's a terrible reason.

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:
Oh. Well that's a terrible reason.

But it explains why my PM contained a note that I should troll as much as possible.

Anyway, back to bong. Assuming he is scum, do you think it's possible that hatmoza told him to make a reference to PM text in order to get in an early "confirmed town"? It's a move that could backfire, but also one that could pay off as most people probably would put bong on their list of townies.

people really give me too much credit.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
I'd have to admit my play probably seems pretty suspicious for the vets. I should improve my mafia skills soon after I read up on this game. It seems pretty hard to figure out who everyone is and I don't really trust anyone. You guys seem like very good liars! I need to brush up on my detective skills.

Why do you assume everyone's lying, and not that it's possible that some of those "liars" are actually sound town?

Maybe you need to brush up on lying as a scum? Is that what you're implying?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I really am trying to catch up but every time I come home from my new job I'm just too exhausted to even read.

By the time I get home tomorrow night there's just going to be yet another 130 posts for me to read through.

At this pace I won't be caught up til Sunday. Good night

Vote: No lynch because I actually agree with whoever said it's ok to do a no lynch in a large game. Less damaging when we have leads day 2.

Also because I'm pretty satisfied with a few reads I got up until what I read.

RolStoppable said:
Final-Fan said:  

1.  (@Rol)  "Drunkvoting"?  Are you mixing me and someone else or just making shit up? 

I have to correct myself. Here is the post I was refering to.

I may have had forgotten the exact wording, but the context and problem is pretty much the same. You don't really follow the games, are barely active and eventually toss your vote in.

I do too follow the games, by which I mean I read them thoroughly when I'm reading them.  So, for instance, I came back and read every post and made responses or comments as appropriate, instead of just "hey guys anything important?  cant be bothered to read 350 posts lol"  And I like to think my votes are well reasoned if not always correct. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

spurgeonryan said:
I do no know roles well enough. Can he be JOAT and us have a miller? Why would Joat have a miller in it?

But if that is something that can happen, then stefl is lying. Or it was one hell of a claim by FF.

Oh wow, thank you Rol for causing this to happen.  Everybody look at this please, and know it is in response to this and this (#10). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

spurgeonryan said:
Lets do a mock vote. If you had to vote, right now. And no lynch was not an options. Would you vote FF? After al, he only became active after we berated him with posts commenting on his lurking.

Look, I've already explained that I was COMPLETELY UNAWARE of the existence of this thread, i.e. that the game had started, until two minutes before my first post.  Either I'm lying or I'm not.  Do you think I'm lying?  There are only three acceptable answers:  Yes, No, and "I'm not sure but I'm leaning towards X

Which is it, spurge? 

RolStoppable said:
benao87 said:
@Rol, You posted after Final-Fan content post, are you still holding your vote to lynch him?

Yes, because if I were satisfied, I would have already unvoted him. It takes more than one post to prove commitment and what he posted was in reaction to the ongoing policy lynch. It still takes seven more votes to lynch FF, so this Day is far from over.

Same question, Rol.