By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

-snip

Around the Network

'Wait, thats the ps3 version i want it for Wii'

Said by no one ever.

This was Spam. Now it's Gir making Waffles

Wow, you are so insightful.

Your notable focus on kids kind of speaks for itself.

The adults who act this way still have the mind of a kid. It's that simple.

Around the Network

Even people with all the systems think this. Oh it's a 360 exclusive, it probably sucks. I'll admit I think this all the time with Arcade games. I think it has to do with the fact I don't know how to buy them...

only in JP.

it's not that simple in America. my friends husband isn't a PS fan so they don't have one, and he talks about kinect, and move like he knows everything about them both and he obviously doesn't.

she told me most of everything her husband said about move and kinect, and i had to tell her he hasn't a clue about either.

i told her things about kinect that she'll never even get to use lol. see in America, you can hate 360 as much as i do and still end up playing games on it.

everyone here knows i hate Halo, and COD but still end up playing them at some pont. i'm a big GEAR's head so i'm obviously going to play it, beat it, and move on.

it's funny cause when i'm on XBL playing GEAR's the first thing i say is "Playstation has come to GoW, or Killzone meets GoW."

or i'll even go as far's to say "the ISA has come to help the COG's defeat the locust hoard/Helghast has come to help the locust defeat the ISA". in my best impression of the helghast voice lol.

long story short, you are right.

I'm kinda like that but I own all 3 consoles! But I do agree single console owners can be pretty sad.

People have to justify their inability to play a game because it's on a console they can't afford (or their parents won't/can't buy for them), so at that point the quality of the game becomes irrelevant to them. The mental ego defense switch kicks in and shuts down all that embarrassing excitement and desire for something they cannot have. Fierce justification of what they do have ensues along side it. This is one of the primary roots of fanboyism.

The internet has only amplified this by connecting such troubled individuals with like-minded others in the same boat, and making them feel secure in numbers. Factions gather and suddenly cost or quality becomes irrelevant as a mental block forms around a particular console, handicapping the individual from clear thinking on the subject. And this is how cults are formed.

Yep, it happens everywhere.

When kids do this is less embarrassing (they are kids after all), when it's teenagers you kinda feel sorry for them thinking how immature they are, but when it's adults who act this way... it is plain sad.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.