By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I want everyone to watch this video- Requiem for a Console Generation, Please comment

his eloquence is highly impressive, yet it's very evident he has certain agendas, which conflict with my personal preferences in gaming

Around the Network
archbrix said:

I like what I've seen of Razorfist including this video. You may not agree with everything he says but he does make good points and is entertaining with his delivery. Definitely better than the vast majority of Youtube vloggers out there.

I also really enjoyed his previous video where he comments on the PS4 conference. I'll post the link here for those who want to see it, but not the video itself. While you don't have to agree with everything to be entertained, anyone who really didn't like the video in the OP in regards to Sony... I wouldn't recommend clicking this one. Seriously, you've been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FniEu5VuOO0

I agree with very little in that video. I didn't need to see the PS4 and I was impressed with the demos. But I do agree with him about Sony's projected arrogance.

I think the one thing Sony takes into the next generation is momentum in all key markets other than the USA, and they are holding on to an OK chunk of the American market.

Sony is in a good position to have a good PS4 launch. But it's far from guaranteed and they need to work hard to make sure they have a successful launch. The Last of Us in particular, if it gets the kind of reviews and gamer positive feedback that it appears to be heading for, will make sure the transition starts on a high note.

I do LOL at his reply that "Sony's first-party exclusives are, by and large uninteresting, though." in the comments section. OK that's in his not very humble opinion. I agree that Sony's best exclusives, IMHO, come from 2nd or 3rd parties (Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles especially, as well as Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword and Heavy Rain, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm), I haven't been let down at all by their first party stable and Naughty Dog has really knocked it out of the park this generation, again IMHO. Of course will forever grieve at a lack of Jak 4. I would say Sony's first party has been, by and large, very good.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
I think the one thing Sony takes into the next generation is momentum in all key markets other than the USA, and they are holding on to an OK chunk of the American market.

Sony is in a good position to have a good PS4 launch. But it's far from guaranteed and they need to work hard to make sure they have a successful launch. The Last of Us in particular, if it gets the kind of reviews and gamer positive feedback that it appears to be heading for, will make sure the transition starts on a high note.

I do LOL at his reply that "Sony's first-party exclusives are, by and large uninteresting, though." in the comments section. OK that's in his not very humble opinion. I agree that Sony's best exclusives, IMHO, come from 2nd or 3rd parties (Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles especially, as well as Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword and Heavy Rain, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm), I haven't been let down at all by their first party stable and Naughty Dog has really knocked it out of the park this generation, again IMHO. Of course will forever grieve at a lack of Jak 4. I would say Sony's first party has been, by and large, very good.

That reply was actually to something that I had said shortly after watching the video lol.

UnitSmiley said:
binary solo said:

That reply was actually to something that I had said shortly after watching the video lol.

Yes, I recognised the similarity of one of your comments on Youtube with one of your posts upthread

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
UnitSmiley said:
binary solo said:

Yes, I recognised the similarity of one of your comments on Youtube with one of your posts upthread

Ah lol. So, totally off topic but is your avatar and name from The Flight of the Chonchords? They did a song about robots and one of them sang a "binary solo" and it was just a bunch of 0's and 1's lol.

UnitSmiley said:
binary solo said:
UnitSmiley said:
binary solo said:

Ah lol. So, totally off topic but is your avatar and name from The Flight of the Chonchords? They did a song about robots and one of them sang a "binary solo" and it was just a bunch of 0's and 1's lol.

Well spotted sir.

Jimi Hendrix

I really got a kick out of his comment that stated "The choice between the PS3 and 360 is the choice between 'no exclusives' or 'bad exclusives', at this point.

The ignorance within this YouTuber is strong.