By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Seriously sick of the politics threads

Crono said:
The cost benefit of going nuclear fission as opposed to oil or coal burning far outweighs whatever tax dollars might get spent to help subsidize their construction. Sure, subsidize alternative energy sources too, but don't block the cleanest most efficient way of producing energy we have because the government helps foot the bill a little.

I'm not blocking anything, but nuclear is neither the cleanest nor the most efficient energy source.  If it were, I'd be all for subsidizing it.

Around the Network

I don't read the politics themed threads due to all the leftest hippies on the Internet. My views are so far right i would be banned within a day if i expressed them all.

Griffin said:
I don't read the politics themed threads due to all the leftest hippies on the Internet. My views are so far right i would be banned within a day if i expressed them all.

Why am I not surprised.  :)

Honestly though, you haven't been banned for disliking SMG.  Why would you be banned for being conservative?  As long as you aren't just pointlessly bashing for no reason, you'll be fine.

Entroper said:
Griffin said:

Why am I not surprised. :)

Honestly though, you haven't been banned for disliking SMG. Why would you be banned for being conservative? As long as you aren't just pointlessly bashing for no reason, you'll be fine.

This was posted by me in another thread about 3weeks back.  This is also just the start of my views, my full views would put these to shame.

It depends on where the deforestation it is happening, if its in a third world country then yes i am fine with it, i also don't care if they have whale hunts, club baby seals.  I also support the war machine, and its goal of a global war to sustain US and western goals around the world.  The war for oil sounds good, i also would not care if they shot all mexicans entering the US without greencards.

I also support Israel and their war for freedom against the unholy muslim armies, who wish to rid the world of jews and western culture.  I also don't think countries should be doing anything to help aids victims in Africa, they caused this, so screw them.  

I also think douglas Macarthur should of been allowed to nuke china when they attacked UN forces during the Korean war, but truman was soft and refused to give the greatest war leader ever the weapons to win the war.

I also think that the US was to soft in fighting the VC and NVA forces during the Vietnam war.  I also think the US/UN forces went to soft on Iraq during the Gulf war,  total destruction of the nation would of been fine.

Katilian said:
stranne said:
I wish there was a way to filter threads.

It's called not clicking on them if they don't interest you. Not a difficult concept.

So I guess you don't need spamfilters either? I just want the option to remove threads/forums from my list of hot topics.

Around the Network

If you do not vote. You win in my opinion.

Every politician is fail. America should be run by the majority and it is not. This is why we are in such a deep crisis.

Imagine if in 2002 George Bush had to "ask" Americans if we can go to war. Our lives might be drastically different if we got to vote on it. You know, if the majority had a say in that instead of the gay sex issues that we were to vote on at that time, maybe we would not "need" Chelsea's mom or Obama's drama.

Anyway, I think America should go on strike and have absolutely nobody vote.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Griffin said:
Entroper said:
Griffin said:

Why am I not surprised. :)

Honestly though, you haven't been banned for disliking SMG. Why would you be banned for being conservative? As long as you aren't just pointlessly bashing for no reason, you'll be fine.

This was posted by me in another thread about 3weeks back.  This is also just the start of my views, my full views would put these to shame.

It depends on where the deforestation it is happening, if its in a third world country then yes i am fine with it, i also don't care if they have whale hunts, club baby seals.  I also support the war machine, and its goal of a global war to sustain US and western goals around the world.  The war for oil sounds good, i also would not care if they shot all mexicans entering the US without greencards.

I also support Israel and their war for freedom against the unholy muslim armies, who wish to rid the world of jews and western culture.  I also don't think countries should be doing anything to help aids victims in Africa, they caused this, so screw them.  

I also think douglas Macarthur should of been allowed to nuke china when they attacked UN forces during the Korean war, but truman was soft and refused to give the greatest war leader ever the weapons to win the war.

I also think that the US was to soft in fighting the VC and NVA forces during the Vietnam war.  I also think the US/UN forces went to soft on Iraq during the Gulf war,  total destruction of the nation would of been fine.

Dude, that is not conservative. That is so far extreme to the right you actually went back to the left again. Aids victims in Africa, wow... like the three year olds that suffer over there had ANYTHING to do with it. And this is coming from a conservative.

Our job is supposed to be saving life, not taking it. No religion in the world asks or calls for wreckless destruction. Yet, it seems that is what you want... You might want to have more compassion, for one day, your children, might need the help of another government. Will you look at them and say, "You brought this on yourself so fuck it, you find a way out?"

I would hope, sincerely, that you would man up and ask for help. Even beg. Because that is what responsible men and women do. They realize they are in over their head and they ask for help. And by all religion, and all morals, our job to each other is to help one another out. No matter how "right-winged" you are, you should certainly not lose sight of that aspect. Our job as a race, is to help one another out. Please keep that in mind.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

I agree with the title of the thread actually.

I would at least like to see political threads confined to off-topic...that is where they belong after all =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Entroper said:
Crono said:
The cost benefit of going nuclear fission as opposed to oil or coal burning far outweighs whatever tax dollars might get spent to help subsidize their construction. Sure, subsidize alternative energy sources too, but don't block the cleanest most efficient way of producing energy we have because the government helps foot the bill a little.

I'm not blocking anything, but nuclear is neither the cleanest nor the most efficient energy source. If it were, I'd be all for subsidizing it.

nuclear is certainly clean, although wind power is also pretty clean.  my argument for it, all issues weighted, that it is the most effective intermediate solution towards alternative energies.

the public seems to be more caught up by what could happen 10,000 years later regarding radioactive wastes and what-not when it's not even clear if humans could get through the next few hundred years.

regarding cost--it's purely an economic issue.  investors tend to bulk when returns are like two economic cycles away.  i would think that by now there should be financial products that hedge those risks but i haven't noticed any such products.  perhaps if the gov't and wall street firms should work together on this.  kind of unlikely in 2008 but i hope whoever gets elected have interesting ideas regarding nuclear energy.

fusion... not happening anytime soon.  nuclear research budget was cut again this year, and sure doesn't look like the field is exactly attracting talented scientists.  they need a Manhattan project kind of funding to get this off the ground.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Sqrl said:
I agree with the title of the thread actually.

I would at least like to see political threads confined to off-topic...that is where they belong after all =P
People have been putting political threads outside the "Off-Topic" section?? Shame on them!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!