By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What would make you get the vita? or what made you get the vita?

RafaelOrix said:
bananaking21 said:
RafaelOrix said:
bananaking21 said:
RafaelOrix said:
Awesome system: it's a handheld (I travel a lot) with a fast OS, gorgeous screen, PSN, amazing games (Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Odyssey, ACIII:L).

your forgeting tear away lol. dont know how you could with that avatar

I just mentioned what was already released, that's why :P I've bought my PS Vita before Tearway and Killzone Mercenary (not counting that scenes from the console reveal!) was announced.

sony really need to step it up and give me a good number of must have games, now im really tempted to get a vita lol. 

lol I honestly never met someone that regreted buying a Vita (of course, there isn't much yet who bought it), it's a damn fine handheld and console, would love to see tons of games being announced for it to get more attention. Have you tried it yet?

yes i have, back when i was in university my uni wanted us to do a marketing plan about a product, it was when the vita was released for a few months. our group chose the Vita as our product to make a marketing plan for, it was my suggestion since i was following the vita heavily and i knew pretty much everything about it. so my friend had a vita, i asked him if i could borrow it for a day for to use it in the presentation. he gave it to me along with uncharted GA. i was BLOWN AWAY. i honestly couldnt believe that was a handheld, uncharted seem OK as an uncharted game but the vita was amazing. i played about 2 hours of it then i had to go to sleep. 

one thing i did notice was that when you see a trailer of a vita game on your PC then play it on the vita it looks MUCH better while actually playing it on the vita, i mean the games are catered to look great on that one screen with its size and res. when you look at trailers for uncharted on your PC it looks jaggy and low res, but when you play it it really doesnt seem that way.

Around the Network

I bought it for:

1 - PS+, I've got it on PS3, so it would be a sin to let all those Vita games go to waste
2 - It's capabilities and regular games on the go. At home I often can't play my PS3 because someone is occupying the big TV, so I end up playing Vita more than all my home consoles combined

I love it :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

axumblade said:
bananaking21 said:
axumblade said:
What made me get a Vita was the ability to play Rayman Origins anywhere. Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush were 2 of the main reasons I bought one.

Honestly, if I didn't have a Vita today...I would probably get one for Persona 4 and Soul Sacrifice...and the ability to play PABR and Sly Cooper on a portable...

soul sacrifice does seem awesome, and this is coming from a guy who doesnt usually like japanese games. did you play sly cooper on the vita yet?

Actually, I've only played it on the Vita. I should play it on the PS3 but to be honest, I think it plays great on the Vita. The controls are great. The game looks very well done. To be honest, some of the earlier trailers didn't do the game the justice it deserved.

thats actually really good news, since i heard some controls on the vita seemed "forced" and "weird". and as i said before, i think the vita has a problem that games look bad on PC's since the screens are much bigger and higher res, but on the vita they look great

bananaking21 said:
yes i have, back when i was in university my uni wanted us to do a marketing plan about a product, it was when the vita was released for a few months. our group chose the Vita as our product to make a marketing plan for, it was my suggestion since i was following the vita heavily and i knew pretty much everything about it. so my friend had a vita, i asked him if i could borrow it for a day for to use it in the presentation. he gave it to me along with uncharted GA. i was BLOWN AWAY. i honestly couldnt believe that was a handheld, uncharted seem OK as an uncharted game but the vita was amazing. i played about 2 hours of it then i had to go to sleep. 

one thing i did notice was that when you see a trailer of a vita game on your PC then play it on the vita it looks MUCH better while actually playing it on the vita, i mean the games are catered to look great on that one screen with its size and res. when you look at trailers for uncharted on your PC it looks jaggy and low res, but when you play it it really doesnt seem that way.

Check this out. This game looks gorgeous even on HD TV lol. Dunno how they managed that, it looks really really mindblowing.

RafaelOrix said:
bananaking21 said:

Check this out. This game looks gorgeous even on HD TV lol. Dunno how they managed that, it looks really really mindblowing.

lol i made a thread about this video  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156325&page=1#

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
lol i made a thread about this video  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156325&page=1#

Yep, just saw now lol.

Blackfriday deal was too tempting + read my wall posts for further details XD

What I want from Vita? The PS4 remote play feature could be enough for me as I like the Wii U's off screen concept a lot.

I wish the rear touch didn't exist though, it's utterly useless. Why not just R2 and L2? This would've helped a lot with remote play.

Vita is an awesome system. But I have more than enough games on my phone to keep me busy when I'm not at home. I simply would not consider buying a secondary device for that purpose. Not unless my commute goes from minutes to hours.

I always sort of wanted a handheld in the last year because of my 40min train rides to school...I really wanted a psvita, but I didn't like the price and also I hated my psp and loved my gba, so I got a 3ds instead. However, I didn't really enjoy my 3ds, so I still craved the ps vita. I was really into uncharted (just finished the ps3 ones at the time), interested in Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Little Big Planet and some other games...and I drooled over the idea of playing some of my favorite PS1 games on my handheld.

I heard that the playstation bundles were going to cut to $200 on black friday, I decided I would get the Call of Duty bundle because I like CoD more than AC and wanted black...I went to the store (I prefer not to buy on internet), but by that time all the bundles were sold out :(, so I went home and looked at the official sony website and didn't buy it from there because I didn't want to pay for shipping. I sat there sad, and then suddenly I thought "What about Amazon," I went to the amazon site and all I saw was the AC Liberation bundle for only $179 and 95% claimed...I was like, "WHAT?!" I bought it right away, and didn't have to pay shipping for some reason. I was so happy, I didn't even know about the free 3 months of ps+ and free all stars lol.

-being able to play my ps3 games streamed to my psv was one of the main reasons but wasn't everything, didnt happen glad ps4 should hopefully do this.
-was going on holiday in East Anglia to visit family, long journey by boat and car.
-had loads of game vouchers seen game was going to go into administration thanks to you guys on here (thanks), so i used them, only paid about £80 of my own money, yeah i had a lot of vouchers and about £40's worth of points.
-only games i got where UC:GA, Wipeout, shinobido 2 and gravity rush. would probably look at getting more but the cards :(. ps plus taking all the space and they are not worth there price imo. maybe if a good game i dont already own comes to vita ps+ it might make it worth it.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).