By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Help me get into PC gaming

http://broforce.en.softonic.com/

Around the Network

I question for the gurus here. If one is in desperate need of a new system, and on a budget of, say, $500, how much should be spent on the case? Would it be a good idea to save up a bit longer for a sturdy one, or to buy a cheap one now, with the intention of upgrading at a later date?

@Mensrea, if you live near a Microcenter, they sell Intel processors for cheap. My local one is selling the i5-3470 for $150, which, if Tom's Hardware is to be believed, puts it at a far better value than any AMD CPU. Just so you know.

Ok, thanks for all of your advice, a few things.

1. I don't just want a nice rig, that's just one of the things I mentioned. It will be my system for all multiplats, and PC exclusives that I enjoy like Starcraft. I will use it for just about everything besides Nintendo games.

2. I'm on a budget of about 1000+, but I'm willing to go higher depending on what's being offered.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the technical side but for games, opening an account on Steam is a must. It's wonderful for cheap older games and even new games drop in price after just a few months.

Signature goes here!