By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis 2 vs Crysis 3: Verdict?

Tagged games:

Crysis 2 vs Crysis 3: Verdict!

Crysis 2 - mods ftw! 84 32.94%

Crysis 3 - keep it original! 89 34.90%

The Original Crysis - Still the KING! 82 32.16%

Total:255

2 looks better.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
I'm playing it on console ( I know I'm a weak console peasant ) and I will say I'm impressed as hell what Crytek was able to pull off on consoles.

I wasn't that impressed with Crysis 2 on the 360 but Crysis 3 is gorgeous on it. Possibly even the best or close to it Ive ever seen on console

Oh man, you don't know what you're missing! The PC version of Crysis 3 vs the consoles is such a night and day difference. And yes, Crysis 2 on the 360 was very overrated graphically. Very - and I hardly call anything "overrated".

Yeah I know my PC has finally reached the point where I absolutely have to spend some cash and upgrade it.  I cant run Crysis 3 pretty much at all.

Still wanted to play the game though so I picked it up on 360.  I will say Crytek did a MUCH better job porting it than they did Crysis 2 even though its still way behind PC.

CGI-Quality said:

I have it installed already

But, I must ask, are those two shots modded shots or GDC'06 shots? Remeber, Crysis 1 in 2006 looked MUCH better than what was released.

GDC Reload 3 Expansion Pack

Just extracted the files into the same map name and play the game.

http://www.crydev.net/downloads.php?view=detail&category=40&df_id=4969

PS. There are mods even better for Crysis... the game is near real-life for foliages/forests.

ethomaz said:

CGI-Quality said:

I have it installed already

But, I must ask, are those two shots modded shots or GDC'06 shots? Remeber, Crysis 1 in 2006 looked MUCH better than what was released.

GDC Reload 3 Expansion Pack

Just extracted the files into the same map name and play the game.

http://www.crydev.net/downloads.php?view=detail&category=40&df_id=4969

Honestly I dont even think the screens you posted look better than Crysis 3

BenVTrigger said:
Honestly I dont even think the screens you posted look better than Crysis 3

Post Crysis 3 screen because what I see it way below theses... the foliage in Crysis 3 looks artificial.

Around the Network

1080p videos for you guys... Crysis modded.

Edit - I posted the same video two times... fixed.

The problem here is CryEngine 2 looks better than CryEngine 3... CryEngine 3 at max looks like CryEngine 2 "medium".

You can blame consoles but that the truth.

Crysis 3 looks better for me.

CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:

The problem here is CryEngine 2 looks better than CryEngine 3... CryEngine 3 at max looks like CryEngine 2 "medium".

You can blame consoles but that the truth.

I've always thought that too, that CryEngine 2 looked more, I don't know, "real".

Well there are effects better in CryEngine 3 but raw graphcis I think the CryEngine 2 is better... foliage like you said looks more "real".

That's a good discussion because even if I didn't want to admit the consoles hold the PC development in graphcis this generation... Which is better on PC? Crysis to Crysis 3? Seems more like a personal taste because the games looks close without a graphical leap bettwen them.

2006-2013 and the PC graphcs not changed after all... seems like the PC was connected to consoles... now with the next-gen consoles the PC will have a new jump in graphcis.

Somethings the PC users have reason to blame the consoles but that is all business.

@trasharmdsister12

I agree the CryEngine 3 seems more commercial and general use... it was made like Unreal Engine... to be used for a lot of others developers in PC and consoles.

Maybe that makes a big difference... and the fact the Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 was developed for multiplatafoms too (maybe a exclusive Crysis for PC can show the true power of the CryEngine 3).