By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 top 100 million?

I think you should repost this thread at the end of 2008, many will probably say Yes.

Around the Network

It will probably sell close to 100M but it will all depend how much they sell this year.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

When sony said 10yrs I think they meant that it wouldn't be discontinued for 10yrs not that they won't make another console.

People need to understand to sell 100 million you have to have a huge first year. As when you have a huge first year you get deep into the mainstream. What's another way to sell 100 million. Have a huge first year, but that first year, either there was no competition or the competition failed on their own.

Meaning 360 had the best chance of getting 100 million this generation, of course it had a sublime first year.

360 now has no chance now. PS3 has no chance. It had a sublime first year and wasn't even first in that year. Wii is the only one that has a chance, but it would be a rought route for Wii, jsut for the sake that the console isn't necessarily future proof.

ROFFLE!

100 million, I think not.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Yeah of course it will. With ever improving games library and features as well as the imminent victory of bluray how could it not. Also the console will obviously get cheaper thus making it available to the mass market.

ps3 won't hit 100 million but it will get close. (my sig) also, the Ps3 won't sell 800 million in software. (the ps2 didn't even sell this much i don't believe!)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

If it truly is around for 10 years and the price continues to drop (gets down to $129 eventually) and blu-ray goes mainstream--Yes.

If not, No.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Even if it lasts 10 years, it won't sell 100 millions. Sony's 10 year forecast was at the time when they thought they will walk right on top of the sales chart. I can guess that that we can expect PS4 release around 2011-2012

If it magically sells 20+ millions this year (so near 30 millions total by the end of 2008) it might have a weak chance(if interest for wii magically falls). But i highly doubt it.

I think it will end up around 80 mil. by the end of it's life.