By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii be sold out again during the 2008 Holiday season?

CrazzyMan said:
Did i miss something?
Nintendo sold around 1 mln. in first 3 January weeks.
next week they going to sell 800k? is that a joke?

Already from February Wii will be available all across WW.
 Really?  It's Jan. 26th already and you still can't find Wiis on shelves across NA.  You honestly think they will be readily available in a few days or even if you meant at the end of next month?

Remember people Wiis won't go from sold out in 30 minutes to collecting dust overnight.  The demand will slowly die down.  Eventually we'll see Wiis take a day or two to sell out.  Then two-three.  Then we'll start seeing Wiis take a week or more to sell at which point due to replenishment they won't be supply constrained.  Earliest case scenario wouldn't be till the beginning of spring around March-April.  Even that I find unlikely though with the Brawl explosion imminent and then around May WiiFit should help restart the "fad" that is the Wii.

Around the Network

I don't think it will be impossible to find one but I do think it will be difficult at least during the holiday season. Before that, I think it's going to continue to sell like mad for the next few months and then start to slow down during the summer so that they aren't hard to find. Starting around September to October they will start becoming harder to find again until November where they will be very difficult to find.

Will it be sold out through to the Holiday season? Probably

Will it be sold out during the Holiday season? Absolutely. The DS has been sold out 3 Holiday seasons in a row.

Hell, most Gamestops haven't received DS shipments since December.

Seems like Nintendo spent too much time thinking about Wii supply and let the DS running on auto pilot .

CrazzyMan said:
Did i miss something?

You did miss it, Crazzy. 

They were sold in the week of 12/24/07, when Santa magically delivered 1.4M Wii to be sold that week.  Since it is a law of physics, that matter/enegy can not be created nor destroyed, but just broken, Santa couldn't just poof the Wiis into existence via some large red button, but instead he used a time machine/sleigh to get January Wiis and move them into December.

The grinches around here with no sense of wonder or imagination will tell you that Nintendo was humbug and used an airplane.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

lol, I think crazzy just forgot all about december and how Nintendo shipped extra, anyways on topic, yes Wii will be very hard if not impossible to find during the holidays, in fact demand for the Wii should be higher than it was in 2007

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Rugger08 said:

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Absolutely...hell, the 360 & ps3 were sold out a lot of times this year when I went out shopping at different places.  If both of them were selling out, the Wii will definitely still be selling out next year.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Avinash_Tyagi said:
lol, I think crazzy just forgot all about december and how Nintendo shipped extra, anyways on topic, yes Wii will be very hard if not impossible to find during the holidays, in fact demand for the Wii should be higher than it was in 2007

is my computer just acting crazy or did renar quoting rugger's table break the thread?  I can't see anything below his post and the only way I see Dragonlord's post is by quoting somebody and going to the reply screen.

No you are correct, the thread is broken.

CrazzyMan said:
Did i miss something?

Are you serious, or just playing to anger everyone?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.