Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
nnodley said:
ruimartiniman said:
nnodley said:
ruimartiniman said:
God of War Ascension USA sales week1 418624 God of War III 692,257, big drop here, my prediction of 1,1 million first week will be way off.

With the horrible tracking going on the site right now,  I can see it being undertracked.  Of course they could be spot on, but they are undertracking GoW3 so it's not out of the question.

Yeah, i remember God of War 1 and 2 were heavily undertracked some years ago before Sony release some numbers.

In UK, despite being the second biggest week 1 of the franchising, it sold less than half of GOW3.

I know it sucks because this game deserves to sell just as well as the other games.  The not so good reviews really did a number I think along with it being the end of the this gen.  

I guess with it being the second biggest week 1 of the franchise we can still see it being the second best selling game of the series hopefully.

I finished the singleplayer mode two days ago and i enjoyed it more than GOW 3. Ascension is as good as a hack and slash videogame can be at this juncture, just don't understand the negative reviews. Tomorrow i´m going to try the multiplayer and begin playing Tomb Raider.

Around the Network

Bioshock infinite only 29,99 £ UK
http://www.simplygames.com/info/19158/Bioshock-Infinite-PS3

Virtua Tennis 4 world tour edtion PS Vita 5 £ UK

http://www.game.co.uk/en/virtua-tennis-4-world-tour-edition-157916?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=428615

I just finished GOW: Ascension in TITAN!!! I am KRATOS!!!! XD

M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:
wow with all the talk of the rage meter i feel like a noob

i find it extremely difficult to avoid hits in ascension so that i don't lose meter

although i suppose i'm playing on hard right from the beginning so that's probably the cause

Air combos man...they make hitting the rage meter ceiling much easier and faster

On air + Hold Triangle and then Hold Square then neutral O. And keep in mind Fire element increases rage meter the fastest

@Girth: Don't think it's out yet

i'll try that out, haven't tried the aerial moves much tbh

don't mean to imply i'm not enjoying it though on the contrary i'm liking this more than GoW 3

really like how you can pick up weapons from enemies and use em 

one difference i don't like though is that parries seem less effective than before in some instances, they don't seem to make certain enemies stagger as much as before ( could be my imagination though )

yeah Kratos is real beast on air this game..feel like they put a lot of focus on that

which enemies do you have mind exactly when you mention the parry system? It worked real well against some enemies...some were just too many and fast for me to even try and use it lol I should have though..but I feel like they made the parry window very very small compared to previous GOW games

@Ruimartini: Yeah that's the kind of amount I expected tbh. 

"some were just too many and fast for me to even try"

yeah that's probably been my issue but i'm a stubborn bastard at times lol

i tried using aerial moves more and yeah its definitely much easier to build meter that way

i feel like if i've been missing out lol i've hardly been using the magic moves or rage meter

just been trying to parry and combo off of parries for the most part

o_O.Q said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:

i find it extremely difficult to avoid hits in ascension so that i don't lose meter

although i suppose i'm playing on hard right from the beginning so that's probably the cause

Air combos man...they make hitting the rage meter ceiling much easier and faster

On air + Hold Triangle and then Hold Square then neutral O. And keep in mind Fire element increases rage meter the fastest

don't mean to imply i'm not enjoying it though on the contrary i'm liking this more than GoW 3

one difference i don't like though is that parries seem less effective than before in some instances, they don't seem to make certain enemies stagger as much as before ( could be my imagination though )

yeah Kratos is real beast on air this game..feel like they put a lot of focus on that

which enemies do you have mind exactly when you mention the parry system? It worked real well against some enemies...some were just too many and fast for me to even try and use it lol I should have though..but I feel like they made the parry window very very small compared to previous GOW games

i tried using aerial moves more and yeah its definitely much easier to build meter that way

i feel like if i've been missing out lol i've hardly been using the magic moves or rage meter

I know the feeling. I didn't use much of any aerial moves until a quite a bit into the game :S 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I aerial in every game. Whats the fun on being on ground and doing the same thing? XD

M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
o_O.Q said:

I know the feeling. I didn't use much of any aerial moves until a quite a bit into the game :S 

As you increase the difficulty you will notice, and learn which are the best tactics to use.  I just beated the game in TITAN, and all I can say is that I dont know how the hell to fight against the electric witches.    (I am a regular dude with some skill, so maybe my following opinion, wont be the same as the one of some people here because they are more skilled)   In normal, and in hard you could sustain some damage and kill them, because your life was "more dense".   But damn in TITAN I just dont know what to do against them.   If you block their electric attack from the floor, they will get close to you and shout at your face, so that you will get drowsy, and then another one will begin to throw you electric stuff, and destroy you.   In the Trial of Archimedes, they felt so cheap, because I had to dodge the gorgon gaze, but considering that dodging does not make you invulnerable, the witches throw their stuff just as I am dodging, so it hits me, and then while I am being hit, another ones comes to the party to kick my a$$, and that is how it normally ends.  But with a lucky strike and hades magic I threw them out of the area LOLOL!!! :D

I think the witches are unbalanced and cheap in this game.  When I fight them I feel frustrated because I dont know what to do.   Every other enemy has a pattern, and you can use tactics against them or just block, but with the witches I dont have a clue.   Even if I throw her in the air to start a hit combo, the other witch will throw thunder at me and I will drop to the ground. Does anyone remember the witches from previous GOW games to be like that?? Thankfully you only fight 2 at the same time in 2 ocassions in the game, so it is not that bad.

The thunder in this game does a lot of damage; even the manticore babies that throw you thunder can be such a trolls some times, because they throw you 3 attacks, and while that is happening, the other can begin to do the same, and the next one; so you are dead or practically dead by now.     The fight against the Manticore in TITAN can be such a pain in the a$$ on the second phase because of the baby manticores. 

Centaurs, the hammer statues, the Goat general, and the gorgons are really easy to parry one you know their pattern.   What I dont like about the statues is that they have this invulnerable state, in which I keep running through the stage till it is gone >_>.   And that kind of break the flow of the combat.  Is their a way to turn them off??  I have tried parrying them while they are charged to no avail. 

The goat with the shield can a be a bit annoying when fighting hordes of goat men.  because the dude can not be attacks, and if you try to take his shield the other 20 goats will kick you harm you a lot.  Anyone has a tactic in here to kill those shield dudes quick??

My aereal hit combo is square, holds square, holds triangle.  Most of things by then are almost dead :D

mmmmMMMMMmmmm I love seeing my sexy avatar on that home page.

Heavenly_King said:

think-man said:
Heavenly_King said:

lol XD