Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
pezus said:
Ucell said:
pezus said:
Lol @ having lots of xbox friends and few PS friends. It's the complete opposite here. Finding an Xbox player is as hard as finding a needle in a haystack

Where do you live?

Iceland. A Sony stronghold

Nintendo probably have it worst here though.

All right...well Iceland has got permanent inhibitants? I didn't know. I guess living in a volcanic region is dangerous. Though no offence to you or your country.

Well I live in India where gaming is synonymous with PlayStation and PC.

Around the Network

"raises hand to pezus"
Can I be the Warden of action and adventure games?

pezus said:
I hope CCP make Dust 514 for PS3. 

Your wish has been granted!

pezus said:
I don't feel like playing it on PS3. 

Oh okay.  Never mind, then.

pezus said:
BloodyRain said:

"raises hand to pezus"
Can I be the Warden of action and adventure games?

Done deal!

Excellent! Now I shall build up my army to take what is rightfully mine with fire and blood serve this nation proudly and with honor!

pezus said:
Wow, would've loved WipeOut on PS4!

Is that still even possible since liverpool is gone. Maybe some of there team members joined other teams in sony.

Around the Network
pezus said:
BloodyRain said:
pezus said:
Wow, would've loved WipEout on PS4!

Is that still even possible since liverpool is gone. Maybe some of there team members joined other teams in sony.

Well Sony still have the IP, but it probably wouldn't be the same without the old team. And according to Kresnik's post, the WipEout game they were making was cancelled ;(

I don't really get why liverpool was shutdown. They pretty much only made the wipeout franchise and it was fairly popular. I didn't even know they closed until a few months back.

BloodyRain said:

I don't really get why liverpool was shutdown. They pretty much only made the wipeout franchise and it was fairly popular. I didn't even know they closed until a few months back.

Don't take this the wrong way because like I said in my other thread about WipEout: it's genuinely my favourite gaming IP of all time and I love Studio Liverpool a lot, but I can understand why - out of all of Sony's studios - they were shut down.

Their games didn't sell that much.  The best selling WipEout was pure on PSP which just about edged its way to a million.  We don't know how much HD Fury sold; but 2048 didn't do great on Vita.

In addition to the games not selling well, they also took quite a while to make.  Sony had them on the F1 licence throughout the PS2/PSP era and they made their own WipEout titles.  So at least a game a year.  Into this generation though, we had one F1 game from them before Sony lost the licence and then one WipEout title.  And it wasn't even a 'new' WipEout - the tracks and ships were all taken from Pure & Pulse (the PSP titles).   So WipEout 2048 is really their first new title since 2007.

If you compare that to say - Naughty Dog putting out a 4m+ selling game every two years; or even just look at a similar studio like Evolution who managed to make a Motorstorm game every 2 years, then it just puts Studio Liverpool to shame.

I love them to pieces; they made the PS1 spectacular and WipEout is genuinely my favourite racing series of all time.  But looking at it objectively, I can understand why it happened.  I would've preferred if they just got downsized or merged or something, though.

A new mmo is headed to the ps4.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/War-Thunder-PS4-Trailer-Full-Heavy-Metal-55668.html

Interesting slide show for Killzone: Shadow Fall.  

http://www.slideshare.net/fullscreen/guerrillagames/killzone-shadow-fall-demo-postmortem/2

pezus said:
nnodley said:

Interesting slide show for Killzone: Shadow Fall.  

http://www.slideshare.net/fullscreen/guerrillagames/killzone-shadow-fall-demo-postmortem/2

Wow, the reflections really improve with raytracing!

Yeah I was surprised at how much Raytrace helps.  I kept going back and forth between the two.  And they have real-time reflections too!!  I love seeing how many more polygons they are using just in the environment in those first few slides I posted.  With much more optimization this game will look absolutely stunning.