How does this make you feel?

Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

I've just always found it humorous that Naughty Dog went from making creative, interesting games like Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter, to making Uncharted.....which is a shooter. Kind of the industry trend, I suppose.....

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
I've just always found it humorous that Naughty Dog went from making creative, interesting games like Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter, to making Uncharted.....which is a shooter. Kind of the industry trend, I suppose.....

See looking at your profile image and games being played it is so easy to tell you're only saying that because you love Nintendo and old Sony.

Uncharted is one of the greatest series of the generation and unlike any of the other "shooters" out there. It's literally the best group of games I've ever played, even including the Vita prequel. In addition Uncharted is setting the industry trends, not following them. Hence most new games are being Unchartedurized.

I do not know about you guys, but I am pretty excited about Deadly Premonition lol. The game isn't the best, but it was not made to be the best in mind. Will be a great game to support on the Ps3.

JoeTheBro said:
DevilRising said:

See looking at your profile image and games being played it is so easy to tell you're only saying that because you love Nintendo and old Sony.

Uncharted is one of the greatest series of the generation and unlike any of the other "shooters" out there. It's literally the best group of games I've ever played, even including the Vita prequel. In addition Uncharted is setting the industry trends, not following them. Hence most new games are being Unchartedurized.

Looking at my profile image? At a picture of an old Mario cartoon from 1989? Yeah, because nobody BUT a so-called "Nintendo Fan" would have that, right?

And looking at my "games being played" (which by the way doesn't list everything I've been playing lately, because the thing honestly kind of sucks), you can tell I love Nintendo and "old Sony"? Yes. Because Skyrim is SOOOOO "old Sony", right?

If you like Uncharted, fantastic for you. I don't. I've never liked any games of that genre, really. And Uncharted isn't a "shooter". It's just a shooter, period. 80% of what you do in the game, is get into firefights with enemies, which involves shooting, ducking for cover, popping back up and shooting, cover, shooting, cover, etc. That's a a modern shooter for you. It's gameplay that was established long before it ever came out, and even if you were right, as is the case with the newest Tomb Raider, in my opinion games being "Unchartedurized" as you put it (horrible word by the way), is NOT exactly a good thing.

I'm a fan of games that are fresh and interesting. Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter (the first one at least), were that. As I said, Naughty Dog abandoned making games like THAT, in favor of making games that are strikingly simlar ("realism" and shooting stuff), to most of what else is out there today. Go look at the Top 10 selling games for the week on the Global chart right now. You'll see that almost every single one of them is some kind of shooter.

And here's a hint: I voted "New IP". I never said I want to see ND do another Crash game, or even another J&D. But I'd love to see them make SOMETHING new, that's actually a fresh idea and NOT a "cinematic shooter".  That's my opinion, and I'm welcome to it.

JoeTheBro said:
DevilRising said:

I'm sorry but it's just odd watching a guy with all that MS stuff defend the PS3's flagship franchise lol.  Good job but just odd is all.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Any of the my fellow Playstation family picking up Dead Island RT tomorrow? I need more people to play this game with!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

DevilRising said:
JoeTheBro said:
DevilRising said:

Looking at my profile image? At a picture of an old Mario cartoon from 1989? Yeah, because nobody BUT a so-called "Nintendo Fan" would have that, right?

And looking at my "games being played" (which by the way doesn't list everything I've been playing lately, because the thing honestly kind of sucks), you can tell I love Nintendo and "old Sony"? Yes. Because Skyrim is SOOOOO "old Sony", right?

If you like Uncharted, fantastic for you. I don't. I've never liked any games of that genre, really. And Uncharted isn't a "shooter". It's just a shooter, period. 80% of what you do in the game, is get into firefights with enemies, which involves shooting, ducking for cover, popping back up and shooting, cover, shooting, cover, etc. That's a a modern shooter for you. It's gameplay that was established long before it ever came out, and even if you were right, as is the case with the newest Tomb Raider, in my opinion games being "Unchartedurized" as you put it (horrible word by the way), is NOT exactly a good thing.

I'm a fan of games that are fresh and interesting. Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter (the first one at least), were that. As I said, Naughty Dog abandoned making games like THAT, in favor of making games that are strikingly simlar ("realism" and shooting stuff), to most of what else is out there today. Go look at the Top 10 selling games for the week on the Global chart right now. You'll see that almost every single one of them is some kind of shooter.

And here's a hint: I voted "New IP". I never said I want to see ND do another Crash game, or even another J&D. But I'd love to see them make SOMETHING new, that's actually a fresh idea and NOT a "cinematic shooter".  That's my opinion, and I'm welcome to it.

It was a joke. I'm super decked out in microsoft so i was hoping you would see how hypocritical and over the top i was. I don't know.

platformmaster918 said:
JoeTheBro said:
DevilRising said:

I'm sorry but it's just odd watching a guy with all that MS stuff defend the PS3's flagship franchise lol.  Good job but just odd is all.

That was the joke.

platformmaster918 said:
JoeTheBro said:
DevilRising said:

i see you are not familiar with joeTheBro