Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
Weedlab said:
nnodley said:
This has nothing to do with PS, but has anybody done a diet to lose weight? If so, what did you do and for how long? I need to start eating much healthier and working out more. I used to work out 4 days a week, but I have stopped for a few months. Just have so much school work and driving to class that I never feel like it, but I need to fit it in. Just need something to get me motivated and I don't really trust any diets I find on the interwebz and I want one that someone has actually had progress with.

Yea, I’ve been there. I try to make the gym 5 times a week. I don’t always do it because of school, but these days I try to be more efficient with my reading. I game less in order to do things I need like breathing exercises and gym. I realized I used to always say I was too busy for gym, and yet, I managed to find time to kill Zeus or shoot pirates lulz.

Eating right can be challenging in school, but it is not impossible. I do not eat junk food, period. I buy natural foods and cook them while I read. I cook enough food to last me for a day or 2. For instance, I season wings and drumsticks, then place them in the pot with turmeric or curry and cook them for an hour or so. I either have brown/wild rice as a side, or better yet vegetables like carrots and broccoli since they’re better for you (and only need about 5 minutes of steaming).

A good way to get nutrition in your diet is through green smoothies. I often blend carrots, kale or spinach, 2 bananas and a piece of ginger. That’s just my recipe, but green smoothies are customizable. If you have any preference with respect to fruits and vegetables let me know. There are ‘rules’ to food combining, so throwing any fruit and/or vegetable may not give you the intended results.

If you want to snack try fruit (but not too much), or nuts. Some crackers are okay. But everything in moderation. Snacking on too much of the aforementioned food stuffs can be harmful.

The only liquids I really consume are water and natural juices like orange juice - nothing artificial. If I’m on the go I’ll grab a bottle of water or two and throw them in my bag. Water is much cheaper too. I’d buy a gallon bottle and keep with me which costs around 1.19, as opposed to constantly buying soda throughout the day, which REALLY adds up. Plus, water is much better for you for a plethora of reasons. Other than that, I drink teas like cericee (blood sugar regulation and detoxification) and green teas. If you want a ‘detoxification regimen’ that’s for a lazy man like me just pm me. The stuff in junk food lingers in the body, so I had to detox when I was younger. I do it now and again since things still manage to linger in the body - no matter how good you eat.

I’d suggest multivitamins too since you’re in school. I take a liquid multi since they’re absorbed much quicker in the body than pills, and you get more mileage from them than cold pressed pills. I take other stuff too like green smoothie scoops. They’re around 50 – 60 USD for 2 months worth. These are convenient for someone with a busy lifestyle. Just throw a scoop in 8 oz glass of water and you’re good to go.

Losing weight … tough. Not exactly my purview. I’ve always been lean to muscular, so I don’t have any personal experience. But from what my friends told me, I’d suggest you avoid pills and anything that sounds to be too good to be true. Exercise and eating right may take longer, but they’ll keep you healthier and gaming longer. The stuff I consume are high in nutrients and relatively low in calories, so that's a +. What is your metabo like? How often do you eat? How many meals per day? What is your typical day like?

Eating right isn't expensive by the way ... I spend very little, and it affects all aspects of your life positively - including weight related stuff.

Oh and this is an important question ... do you live with your family or are you living the college experience? lol It is MUCH harder when one is doing the latter I suppose.

All right ... if anything pm me. You don't have to give details here if you wish. I'm off to the gym!

Eh, I don't care what people know about me.  It will just bring our nation closer together.

I barely eat junk food and that's pretty rare if I do.  My only problem is not working out like I should and the pop, plus when I eat a meal I usually eat a shit ton.  I do live with my family. I don't really care to experience the college life of living on my own just yet.  Maybe in a couple years, idk.  

I  don't really play games as often as I used to when I was in high school.  I try and get most of my work done before I play any games.  

All I know is I've got to change my lifestyle right now.

Around the Network

Finally beat God of War Ascensions. That damn Archimedes challenge was a pain! Though I found the beginning harder than the rest of it. Good game, best I played looking back on it.

Edge cover this month.

Asda now taking PS4 pre-orders

Posted April 11th, 2013 at 06:42 EDT by Mike Harradence

U.K. supermarket giant Asda is now offering pre-orders for the PlayStation 4.

As the only supermarket in the region currently running pre-orders for Sony’s next-generation console, gamers can get their name down early by parting with a £20 deposit. This will secure you a shiny new PS4 on launch day.

Pre-orders can be placed here.

PS4 was announced during a press conference in New York City in February, where Sony confirmed a holiday 2013 ship date for the new machine.

While the hardware itself wasn’t shown off, we did get a glimpse at a number of upcoming titles for the PS4, such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack and Deep Down. Also showcased was the new DualShock 4, which offers increased precision, a touchpad and a share button.

Stay tuned for more information on PS4 pre-orders here at PSU.com.

http://www.psu.com/a019036/Asda-now-taking-PS4-pre-orders

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

For the three people who like the Darkstalkers series, including myself, it looks like we won't see a follow up due to poor sales of the repackaged older games on PSN/XBL. Ah well ... at least we have Street Fighter.

http://www.psu.com/a019033/Capcom-laments-poor-Darkstalkers-Resurrection-sales

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Weedlab said:
nnodley said:
This has nothing to do with PS, but has anybody done a diet to lose weight? If so, what did you do and for how long? I need to start eating much healthier and working out more. I used to work out 4 days a week, but I have stopped for a few months. Just have so much school work and driving to class that I never feel like it, but I need to fit it in. Just need something to get me motivated and I don't really trust any diets I find on the interwebz and I want one that someone has actually had progress with.

Yea, I’ve been there. I try to make the gym 5 times a week. I don’t always do it because of school, but these days I try to be more efficient with my reading. I game less in order to do things I need like breathing exercises and gym. I realized I used to always say I was too busy for gym, and yet, I managed to find time to kill Zeus or shoot pirates lulz.

Eating right can be challenging in school, but it is not impossible. I do not eat junk food, period. I buy natural foods and cook them while I read. I cook enough food to last me for a day or 2. For instance, I season wings and drumsticks, then place them in the pot with turmeric or curry and cook them for an hour or so. I either have brown/wild rice as a side, or better yet vegetables like carrots and broccoli since they’re better for you (and only need about 5 minutes of steaming).

A good way to get nutrition in your diet is through green smoothies. I often blend carrots, kale or spinach, 2 bananas and a piece of ginger. That’s just my recipe, but green smoothies are customizable. If you have any preference with respect to fruits and vegetables let me know. There are ‘rules’ to food combining, so throwing any fruit and/or vegetable may not give you the intended results.

If you want to snack try fruit (but not too much), or nuts. Some crackers are okay. But everything in moderation. Snacking on too much of the aforementioned food stuffs can be harmful.

The only liquids I really consume are water and natural juices like orange juice - nothing artificial. If I’m on the go I’ll grab a bottle of water or two and throw them in my bag. Water is much cheaper too. I’d buy a gallon bottle and keep with me which costs around 1.19, as opposed to constantly buying soda throughout the day, which REALLY adds up. Plus, water is much better for you for a plethora of reasons. Other than that, I drink teas like cericee (blood sugar regulation and detoxification) and green teas. If you want a ‘detoxification regimen’ that’s for a lazy man like me just pm me. The stuff in junk food lingers in the body, so I had to detox when I was younger. I do it now and again since things still manage to linger in the body - no matter how good you eat.

I’d suggest multivitamins too since you’re in school. I take a liquid multi since they’re absorbed much quicker in the body than pills, and you get more mileage from them than cold pressed pills. I take other stuff too like green smoothie scoops. They’re around 50 – 60 USD for 2 months worth. These are convenient for someone with a busy lifestyle. Just throw a scoop in 8 oz glass of water and you’re good to go.

Losing weight … tough. Not exactly my purview. I’ve always been lean to muscular, so I don’t have any personal experience. But from what my friends told me, I’d suggest you avoid pills and anything that sounds to be too good to be true. Exercise and eating right may take longer, but they’ll keep you healthier and gaming longer. The stuff I consume are high in nutrients and relatively low in calories, so that's a +. What is your metabo like? How often do you eat? How many meals per day? What is your typical day like?

Eating right isn't expensive by the way ... I spend very little, and it affects all aspects of your life positively - including weight related stuff.

Oh and this is an important question ... do you live with your family or are you living the college experience? lol It is MUCH harder when one is doing the latter I suppose.

All right ... if anything pm me. You don't have to give details here if you wish. I'm off to the gym!

Eh, I don't care what people know about me.  It will just bring our nation closer together.

I barely eat junk food and that's pretty rare if I do.  My only problem is not working out like I should and the pop, plus when I eat a meal I usually eat a shit ton.  I do live with my family. I don't really care to experience the college life of living on my own just yet.  Maybe in a couple years, idk.  

I  don't really play games as often as I used to when I was in high school.  I try and get most of my work done before I play any games.  

All I know is I've got to change my lifestyle right now.

Barley consuming junk food is good. I do my best to abstain completely. At times I succumb to my desires, but oh well … I’m human I guess.  I'm often left with physical reasons why I should stay away from the stuff later. Eventually I think I’ll have enough will to blank it out completely. Right now I’m something like 97% whole foods.

Yea, try and avoid the fizzy drinks. Start by substituting it with other healthier drinks - start small before making drastic changes. I suggest water and fruit juices, but please do look at the sugar content and don't indulge too much. Consuming too much sugar can have REALLY bad consequences if your aim is to lose weight.

Yea, try and avoid eating too much per meal. I had that issue as well (one of many bad habits). The trick is to eat foods that will keep you feeling full for a long time, so when you eat you won't consume too much at that point and won't feel the urge to eat for a few hours. I often consume a lot of fiber when I eat and I have a food diary to keep me on track (those green smoothies I told you about keep me full for hours when I combine them with a small meal)

The ‘college experience’ is overrated, in my opinion. Living with family during college is best, in my opinion, especially if you're trying to achieve personal physical goals. I had HORRIBLE eating habits when I was in undergrad. I ate a box of pizza and drank beer and coffee for breakfast on occasion lol I kept taking shortcuts since my aim was to get the A grade in my classes. I was living with my then lady friend at the time that was in med school and she helped me turn things around before they deteriorated further. Then I moved in with my family in the area, and my eating habits became much better.

It takes time so no worries. Start with baby steps, and eventually take larger leaps. But if you have an hour or even 1/2 hour, find yourself in the gym. A little is better than 0. I’ve been going every day for the last 4 days and I’m very happy with that. I intend on doing 5X a week in the gym (resistance training) and one day for jogging in the park.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon reveal trailer.

Weedlab said:
For the three people who like the Darkstalkers series, including myself, it looks like we won't see a follow up due to poor sales of the repackaged older games on PSN/XBL. Ah well ... at least we have Street Fighter.

http://www.psu.com/a019033/Capcom-laments-poor-Darkstalkers-Resurrection-sales

I guess I'm the only person in the universe who bought it?

TALES OF XILLIA COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.talesofgame.com/uk.html

Im almost halfway done writing my God of War Series - Top 20 Boss Battles list :].

Was thinking of doing a thread each weekend with 5 bosses once im completely done so you'll have to wait a bit before you see the finals :3