Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

If only we had digit sales :(

Around the Network

Yeah too bad we don't know that.

is anyone gonna make a battlefield  4 clan and or a killzone shadow fall clan , perhaps?
if anyone does, please let me know.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

BasilZero said:

My goodness, how times change :P

October 2013

Jan 2014

Xbox 0 >_>

So i'm reading that thread of gaf about sony announcing a vr headset at ces. I'm seeing a bunch of back and forth arguments about power. If the ps4 would be sufficient enough to handle vr. In any case, high end game would probably run at 720p to output 60 FPS, but it should be able to run the same game at 1080p 30FPS. Now wouldn't only need to run 30FPS to each eye, to perceive 60 FPS total? Or does it need to run 120 FPS to looks like 60? Also, wouldn't Pixel density matter much more in this case than actual resolution?

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:

So i'm reading that thread of gaf about sony announcing a vr headset at ces. I'm seeing a bunch of back and forth arguments about power. If the ps4 would be sufficient enough to handle vr. In any case, high end game would probably run at 720p to output 60 FPS, but it should be able to run the same game at 1080p 30FPS. Now wouldn't only need to run 30FPS to each eye, to perceive 60 FPS total? Or does it need to run 120 FPS to looks like 60? Also, wouldn't Pixel density matter much more in this case than actual resolution?

Well VR doesn't have to be 3D, it just works much better in 3D.

Having every game support it in 2D mode (similar to remote play) would take essentially no game resources.

There are also other ways to potentially get around the lack of power. AC games use depth mapping for 3D. It's ugly but gets the job done cheaply.

With 3D VR glasses don't use active shutter glasses. You need two 60fps videos to have a 60 fps experience.

JoeTheBro said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Well VR doesn't have to be 3D, it just works much better in 3D.

Having every game support it in 2D mode (similar to remote play) would take essentially no game resources.

There are also other ways to potentially get around the lack of power. AC games use depth mapping for 3D. It's ugly but gets the job done cheaply.

With 3D VR glasses don't use active shutter glasses. You need two 60fps videos to have a 60 fps experience.

Hmm... So if the screen is split or actually two displays they still need to have 60 FPS to each frame? Couldn't you set it up to alternate framers like shutter glasses? Or would that still cause the common problems like ghosting? 

I really want it to be 3d, after playing trine in 3d I want everything to look like that now, just minus the ghosting and cross talk that I get. But it looks fucking awesome. 

^ lol thats great now about uncharted did you know it was almost called uncharted and you wont believe what it would of been called and who changed it!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/30/naughty-dogs-uncharted-was-nearly-called-something-else

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

the-pi-guy said:

Most pure evil post I've ever made.  

As for PlayStation, Spencer is cheered by Sony's willingness to back developers like Quantic Dream, creator of the intriguing but rather oblique Heavy Rain. "Sony - and I'm focused on first-party because of what I do - I really respect their focus on investing in new things and creative things, what they've done with David Cage and Quantic Dream around Beyond [Two Souls] and Heavy Rain; they stay committed to franchises even if they don't sell 10 million units, they'll stay committed to things.

"I think that long-term commitment to franchises is important, where it's easy to pull off the Band-Aid and move onto the next thing [if it doesn't sell]. I respect their 'stick-to-it-iveness'. I'll say, they've done a nice job with PS4 [...] When I think about their announcement, their clear focus on a customer, leading with the value proposition of what they're trying to do, staying true to a vision, I think they've done a nice job in how they defined the PS4."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/68799/sony-has-done-a-nice-job-with-ps4-says-xbox-ones-phil-spencer/

Cue evil laughter.  

thats digusting. why cant he take a shot at sony? why cant he mock nintendo for outselling them in the Uk already? "ohh i am respecting the compitition" disgusting! how can this start a fanboy war?!

Mmmfishtacos said:

why wouldnt it be able to handle VR? PS3 handled it with their old VR headest and i remember shu saying playing GT5 on it was amazing.