Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
bananaking21 said:
greenmedic88 said:

Offhand I'm going to say that the best use for voice recognition is for typing, so you don't have to use a game pad to input text. That's from a practical use standpoint anyway. 

Unfortunately, voice recognition doesn't always work the way it's supposed to. I couldn't imagine using Siri by typing in inquiries; I just wouldn't do it as that would be a Google search. But it goes without saying that Siri doesn't always work. 

honestly, i would think the best and most practical way to type would be if sony made an app that connects your phone via bluetooth and you just type using your phones screen. 

I think it would be more likely for SCE to add text input via the PS Vita than by some iOS or Android app for obvious reasons.

That said, my iPhone is synced to my PS4, but to be honest, I'm not really getting a whole lot out of that added bit of functionality. I can check my trophies, check status of friends and a few other things that I don't really need to do. Okay, so I can buy stuff on the PSN Store through my phone and then have it installed when I get home which is kind of cool, but the app still isn't exactly earthshattering. Adding text input probably wouldn't make me use the app any more than I already do (which is to say almost never since I installed it). 

Touch panel virtual keyboard is better than gamepad text input by far, but still not as easy as a keyboard (which is pretty inconvenient unless you have a PS4/desk/keyboard set up) but if we ever hit a day when voice input works like it does in science fiction, then I'm all for it. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
greenmedic88 said:

Offhand I'm going to say that the best use for voice recognition is for typing, so you don't have to use a game pad to input text. That's from a practical use standpoint anyway. 

Unfortunately, voice recognition doesn't always work the way it's supposed to. I couldn't imagine using Siri by typing in inquiries; I just wouldn't do it as that would be a Google search. But it goes without saying that Siri doesn't always work. 

honestly, i would think the best and most practical way to type would be if sony made an app that connects your phone via bluetooth and you just type using your phones screen. 

If only such a thing existed...

My PS4 arrived! I'm posting this message with it!

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Cool little ps4 fact. I just figured it out. Pressing L2 will bring up the voice command bar. So no need to say Playstation.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Cool little ps4 fact. I just figured it out. Pressing L2 will bring up the voice command bar. So no need to say Playstation.

Indeed!

Around the Network

FFX HD soundtrack http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/FFXHD/

JoeTheBro said:

so you can do that?! awesome!!! this was one of my most wanted features honestly! 

bananaking21 said:
JoeTheBro said:

so you can do that?! awesome!!! this was one of my most wanted features honestly! 

Yeah I was doing remote play and it really annoyed me I couldn't type with the Vita screen, so I just whipped out my smartphone. Works great!

Shu on playroom livestream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scejpss

JoeTheBro said:
Shu on playroom livestream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scejpss

No subtitles? :P