Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

Sony’s Hirai Plans $250 Million in Entertainment Cuts

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-21/sony-s-hirai-makes-case-for-keeping-entertainment-units-intact.html

interesting article, worth a read

Around the Network

i vaguely remember my password being reset not to long ago. I panicked thinking someone hacked my account but i got it back.. isnt there a help line?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

pezus said:
nnodley said:
pezus said:
So does no one know a solution to my password problem? If I don't figure this out I will be locked out of my account forever due to Sony resetting my password for "no specific reason". For fuck's sake. Sent an email to the UK PS help, hope I get a reply. Was going to pre-order Tearaway online but now I can't.

Have no idea.  I'll be screwed as well if they ever do it in NA because I didn't use my real birth date either.  I fibbed it so I could have a master account.   I could probably figure out which one I put in I think I just used a different year. 

Oh I love you so, nnodley!!! xoxoxo

My birth year didn't work, so I went one year back (didn't work) and then two years and it worked! It makes sense, because I got the PS3 in 2007, when I was 16 so I had to set my birth year to '88 to appear 18

Hey glad you got it!!  I'm just gonna cross my fingers it doesn't happen in NA.  I would have had to set mine back like 5-6 years since I was like 12 or 13 when I got mine.  If I didn't use my birth date I'm gonna be screwed if it happens. 

GUYS!!! Thuway has seen a GT7 tech demo!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720111

Jack Tretton: Sony “Held Back” PS4 Manufacturing to Ensure Stock After November 15th

November 21, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

ps4amazon

With the PlayStation 4 selling 1 million units back on November 15th in the United States and Canada, it left stores in the US will little to no stock, and completely cleared out all Canadian retailers.

In order to make sure that gamers are able to safely walk into a store and buy a PlayStation 4, Jack Tretton revealed to Forbes how they’ve held back manufacturing on PS4s to meet demand following the initial launch:

The thing that we’ve really made an effort to do, and I think the retailers have as well, is we could’ve pre-sold every unit we could manufacture and it would be a great event for November 15th, but nobody would bother coming to the stores if they hadn’t presold one. So retailers have held back quantities. We’ve held back manufacturing to make it available on subsequent days after November 15th. So my hope is that anybody who wants one before Christmas has an opportunity to get one.

When it comes to PS4 demand, Tretton believes they’ll be “chasing” it, “But I do think the supplies are gonna be great. And in terms of numbers, greater than any launch we’ve ever had in the past.”

During a recent Best Buy earnings call (via Seeking Alpha), CEO Hubert Joly revealed how they were expecting new PS4 stock next week, and the margins on the systems aren’t great:

[...] The quantities, Sony has reported, right, to 1 million units shipped and which is much faster than the PS3. So that’s very encouraging. We… Best Buy tends to do well in hardware even though, as Sharon has highlighted, the margins are not as exciting as the volumes, but that is very good. And we’ll get more inventory next week… We have the plan to keep some of that inventory for our best customers.

Are you going to be looking for a PS4 before the end of this year? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/21/jack-tretton-sony-held-back-ps4-manufacturing-to-ensure-stock-after-november-15th/

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
Jack Tretton: Sony “Held Back” PS4 Manufacturing to Ensure Stock After November 15th

November 21, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

ps4amazon

With the PlayStation 4 selling 1 million units back on November 15th in the United States and Canada, it left stores in the US will little to no stock, and completely cleared out all Canadian retailers.

In order to make sure that gamers are able to safely walk into a store and buy a PlayStation 4, Jack Tretton revealed to Forbes how they’ve held back manufacturing on PS4s to meet demand following the initial launch:

The thing that we’ve really made an effort to do, and I think the retailers have as well, is we could’ve pre-sold every unit we could manufacture and it would be a great event for November 15th, but nobody would bother coming to the stores if they hadn’t presold one. So retailers have held back quantities. We’ve held back manufacturing to make it available on subsequent days after November 15th. So my hope is that anybody who wants one before Christmas has an opportunity to get one.

When it comes to PS4 demand, Tretton believes they’ll be “chasing” it, “But I do think the supplies are gonna be great. And in terms of numbers, greater than any launch we’ve ever had in the past.”

During a recent Best Buy earnings call (via Seeking Alpha), CEO Hubert Joly revealed how they were expecting new PS4 stock next week, and the margins on the systems aren’t great:

[...] The quantities, Sony has reported, right, to 1 million units shipped and which is much faster than the PS3. So that’s very encouraging. We… Best Buy tends to do well in hardware even though, as Sharon has highlighted, the margins are not as exciting as the volumes, but that is very good. And we’ll get more inventory next week… We have the plan to keep some of that inventory for our best customers.

Are you going to be looking for a PS4 before the end of this year? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/21/jack-tretton-sony-held-back-ps4-manufacturing-to-ensure-stock-after-november-15th/

They really are gonna have a huge holiday I think.  They should easily be able to blow past the 3mil figure for the end of the year.  They should get another 1mil+ in EU/Middle East/and wherever else they are releasing next friday.  If they get stock back in NA for this weekend and next week they could get plenty more sales in NA. 

Weedlab said:

Woo!  Glad to see that people will be getting some more chances to get PS4 xD  Very curious about how PS4/XBO does after the holidays though.  They seem to be selling like a beast right now so I hope that continues throughout 2014.  Plus Im sure we will see nice little spikes when InFamous and TitanFall comes out

nnodley said:
GUYS!!! Thuway has seen a GT7 tech demo!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720111

Late.

i remember them saying they were going to hold back units, but i kinda thought thats what they meant by those extra consoles day 1.. lol so theyve held back even more eh? nice to see another shipment coming next week with the euro launch. another big week of sales!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)

-----

AC IV (PS4)