By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List some of the million selling Wii games in 2008!

I find myself agreeing with the more conservative estimates in this thread. Most of those games look good, and many of them probably will pass a million units sold, but by no means all. We should all keep in mind, promising games are not always good, good games do not always sell well, and game that sell well don't always boost hardware sales.

Around the Network

If I had the money, I'd buy 1 million copies of ToS 2, just so they're make a sequel.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
twesterm said:
  • Okami - Could happen but I don't expect it to sell more than 1 million.
  • SSBB - Easily
  • MKWii - I don't know what this is, Mortal Kombat Wii maybe? If that's the case it's not going to sell more than a million.
  • No More Heroes - It's getting good reviews but it's too out there for it to sell a million. I'll be surprised if it breaks 750k.
  • Wii-Fit - Easily
  • Alone in the Dark 5 - Is this the one also coming out on 360 and PS3? I'm sorry, but even with the better controls I have the funny feeling a game like this is going to get destroyed by the other two versions.
  • Destroy All Human: Big Willy Unleashed - None of the previous ones broke a million and have no reason to think this one will.
  • Disaster: Day of Crisis - I'll wait until we've seen more than two screenshots of this game to say it will break one million.
  • Ghostbusters (I added this one) - You'd be crazy to think one of the most recognizable symbols in the world won't sell more than a million.

MKWii is Mario Kart: Wii

No, you are mistaken. MKWii is Makai Kingdom Wii.
Don't tease me with promises.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

What about spore?

sc94597 said:
What about spore?

It's gonna play big to the sims fans. How many people bought that Sims: Island adventure game?

Yeah, I think if spore is released this year, we'll see it sell a million on the Wii, cause you know it'll get a good marketing campaign, and it seems to be a casual friendly game(I hope). 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, it's starting to worry me that Rock Band Wii hasn't been announced, but if it is, that'll be a million seller for sure.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

mario kart, SSBB, wii fit, animal crossing and hopefully a large no. of third party titles to get dev's to put more effort into wii games and get more support.

I doubt Okami will sell a million, no matter how much it deserves to.

NMH will pull it out, but not by much.

DQS - Americans and Europeans won't buy this, and it's run its course in Japan.

Spore - A milion-seller eventually, but does it have to happen in 2008?

Destroy All Humans - It will do well, but not a million-seller.

Rygar- Not a chance

Brawl, Mario Kart, WiiFit, Monster Hunter 3, and Mario Party 9 are all obvious million-sellers.

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, but I'm not sure if it's as popular as twesterm thinks anymore. 1984 was a long time ago. More likely than not a LT million-seller, but I don't think it's a slam dunk.

That Star Wars game will go platinum.

Double- post, move along.

No one's named FFCC: The Young King and the Promised Land (or whatever it's called)? I'd be surprised if that doesn't hit one million.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom