By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gears of War Franchise on PlayStation 4

Will Gears of War franchise be on PlayStation 4 ?

Yes 195 29.46%

No 273 41.24%

Don't care 194 29.31%

Total:662

Gears on the PS4 mabye mmmmmm I like the sound of it. but then thats like saying Mircosoft can have Uncharted I just dont think it would go down well.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:
I actually fully expect Gears to go multi plat next generation

same, if rein's comment is true than ms would have to pay around $100M to epic to make it worth epic's time to keep it exclusive.  ms has way better ways to spend their money.

That and I fully expect nearly zero 3rd party exclusives next gen

The two consoles will be even easier to port to one another than this gen was and both consoles have huge fanbases that are impossible to ignore.  The days of 3rd party exclusives are over

i think there will be a few third party exclusives.  the free exposure and marketing exclusivity can bring to a new ip especially for a smaller developer (think quantic dream/that game company not activision) can be worth in certain cases.  think about the witness, it was publically stated no money changed hands but the exclusivity is still worth it for them.

some third party exclusives.  ..just no AAA third party exclusives from big publishers.

There's definitely a possibility but still i don't know.

Personally I really expect the chance of that being less than 5%, Microsoft and Epic Games have a great relationship also in relation to the Gears of War IP, I would earlier suspect Epic Games and Sony to partner up for a new IP

Heres a thought.........the franchise legs are done.

You guys are seeing Judgement preorders? The franchise has fatigue, and its best days are behind.

Based on that, it wouldn't be a meltdown worthy announcement, besides, this was 3rd party the whole time. That in itself is amazing we held onto it this long.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

^A new ip from epic would be more interesting for me.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

9087 said:
tonymarraffa said:
I agree with everything in your post except one thing there is no way in in hell Gears would sell the same amount on PS4. That's like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear selling the same amount on 360, as it's seen as more of a Xbox franchise.

Thats a bad comparison on your part.

FFXIII sold way less on 360 because it was still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, which is a huge territory for FF games. 

well it eventually went multi-plat in japan, and its still sold better on PS3 in the states, not like people switched systems for it or anything, but if they had both I did notice more ps players

9087 said:
tonymarraffa said:
I agree with everything in your post except one thing there is no way in in hell Gears would sell the same amount on PS4. That's like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear selling the same amount on 360, as it's seen as more of a Xbox franchise.

Thats a bad comparison on your part.

FFXIII sold way less on 360 because it was still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, which is a huge territory for FF games. 

I don't think this matters because teh x360 market in Japan is very small compared to the ps3 

UPDATE:

Tim Sweeney, Epic Games Founder and CEO

The PlayStation 4 is a leading-edge hardware platform, and its enormous CPU, GPU and memory resources enables Unreal Engine 4 to reach levels of visual quality and detail that go far beyond the current generation, for games of all sizes and genres.

Sony has defined an ideal next-generation platform.

The features and effects in our new "Elemental" demo on PlayStation 4 are just the tip of the iceberg, showing dynamic lighting and shadowing, subsurface scattering and GPU-powered particle effects at full 1080p resolution.

As the developers of the Unreal Engine, we're passionate about not only building great games, but building them efficiently. PlayStation 4 builds upon PC technology and takes it to the next level, providing a very robust and easy-to-use development environment.

As we're building games that are an order of magnitude more detailed than the current generation, Unreal Engine 4's tools combined with PlayStation 4's hardware enable developers to achieve that in a reasonable amount of time and on-budget. Our console efforts are focused on high-end, mainstream platforms that will be supported by enormous launches and large-scale support by major developers and publishers.

With PlayStation 4, Sony has defined an ideal next-generation platform with massive appeal to core gamers, and incredible potential for bringing triple-A experiences to the next level.

Could happen. This could be that "big exclusive" MS is going to lose next generation. Either that or Alan Wake going to PS4 in addition to already being on the PC.

It's just that simple.