By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A New Dawn - A CGi-Quality analysis

CGI-Quality said:

I am a video

Vid is set to private... could watch the original, but I want to see from your rig. :P

Around the Network

the videon is privat..

Edit: ok i can see it now. But honestly all that video shows is her boobs...

I don't know if I'm the only one here, but I'm actually not experiencing the uncanny valley anymore. I remember being weirded out when I saw Heavy Rain and even one of those Japanese androids in person. Maybe it's that my expectation of graphics have gone so up that I can accept the image you just posted as "really good graphics" rather than "uncannily realistic".

what's displayed is nicely detailed, but the background most of the time is just blur due to DOF and she has perfect skin, which means, there are hardly any great details there to speak of - the hair still has some ways to go to call it "lifelike", but it's definitely a step up from pretty much all other videogame hair I've seen and her wings are just beautiful

what totally breaks the immersion is her smiles .. they look as fake as it goes as her eyes aren't smiling at all and even the mouth looks wrong,especially from a bit of an angle

That's the GTX 690 tech demo... Old but gorgeous.

The article comparing the Dawn Demo (2002) and New Dawn Demo (2012).

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/new-dawn

Edit - Added the link.

Around the Network

There's some stuff in there's that impressive, (others, not really anymore), the most impressive thing was the hair and the finely detailed skin shader/material (Only see in on the really up close bit though).

CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:
That's the GTX 690 tech demo... Old but gorgeous.

680, I believe.

From nVidia: A New Dawn demo was developed to showcase the performance of the GeForce GTX 690. As such, two GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs are recommended for the best experience.

Just to compare the first demo... how the things changed in 10 years.

ethomaz showed me this video a while ago

where is that other video with the pinata thing hanging from the tree?

The detail on that tree was CRAZY!

Edit: oh nevermind. The tree is from that same tech demo

It looks cool, but it feels weird to me. Like soulless.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)