By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

-snip

Around the Network

Oh yes. When I lived in Kumamoto, I do remember the Hard-Off and could never stop laughing at the name of the store. It did have a lot of cool stuff, though.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Simply amazing. Wish there were stores like that here.

*GC controllers*
*Sega Genesis cords*

GIMMIE GIMMIE

GOD WHY ISN'T IT THIS EASY IN AMERICA

AND HOLY SHIT 32X!?!

VIRTUAL BOY!?!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Holy bejeezus! I wish we had stores like that in the US... I know of a couple of specialty stores like Play N Trade and a couple of independent ones, but they charge ridiculous prices for retro game systems and software. For example, some SNES games that were in pretty shoddy condition (price stickers / marker on them, no box or protective slip) were going for like Super Mario Kart and $40-$50 each.

There's one store I used to frequent called Cash Converters... basically a glorified pawn shop... that I used to get some sweet deals from. Got a Saturn w/ 2 controllers, all hookups and came wrapped with a bunch of loose games for $30, and I picked up NiGHTs and Virtua Fighter 2 for $2.99 each. Also got a Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure for $19.99. Nowadays they only really sell PS2/GC/Xbox games or later, and they usually go for what GameStop charges. Ugh.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

These pics aren't mine but give you more of an idea.:

I'm kind of at a loss for words. That's just...heavenly. I could get lost in a store like that for hours.

Like Swans wrote, I wish there were stores like that in North America. I recently frequented a GameXchange in southern CT, and it had a great selection of old games -- SNES, NES, Genesis, even some Saturn and Dreamcast games -- but nothing like the cornucopia in those pictures.

Tachikoma said:
These pics aren't mine but give you more of an idea.:

*Looks under stack of Gamecubes*

*Sees the JUNK sticker*

*Throws money at that "garbage"*

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Dreamcasts... one day I'll get one to replace the broken one I have...

WTF is up with that HUGE Wii U Gamepad?