By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Watch Dogs' producer talks about the PS4 version

pezus said:
Wow, that's a potentially cool idea for the touch pad.

I also like how they said power is not all about graphics. Something that some people continually fail to understand

this

the game seems to be coming along just fine. can't wait to play.

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
Ps4 will be the lead platform for multiplatform games

That won't mean much this gen since all consoles are just PCs. PC will be the lead platform and it's grfx sliders would probably be used to decide console versions. Thats kinda obvious as watchdogs was supposedly running on a PC w/ PS4 specs.

I co-sign the guy who said power isn't just about grfx. I'd like to see Multiplayer FPS games on PS4/next box with more players.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

That's great. I already planned to get the PS4 version later this fall, so this just strengthens my case.

Also

"If you have a lot of memory but it's very, very slow, it's not as useful," he said.

Is he referring to another console specifically or this is just a general comment? If it is the former than it can't be the PS3/360 since they don't have 'a lot of memory'.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I do think the ps4 version will be (a litle) better than the wii u version.. but in watchdog the character are using his phone, to do all his hacking.. meaning only the ps4 owners who also has the vita, will be able to play right.. the ones without, will not have the true felling.. just saying.

But what about the old argument.. people who wants to play this game already has it (u know the thing some said about the wiiu version of batman, assasins creed, black opps...) Are the ps4 version not old news at that time too...?

Sh1nn said:
Nsanity said:
So, why was the game was running on the PC and not PS4?

And what's the difference between PC and PS4 ? Ubi guy said demo was running on PC with PS4 specs.

Indeed. The PS4 is running on PC hardware and x86. Stating "But it's running on PC" means little to nothing since they are pretty much the exact same things.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Turkish said:
"If you have a lot of memory but it's very, very slow, it's not as useful," he said."

Thank god for GDDR5 right?

If god translates to Sony in your sentence, then yeah.

"Now, very, very quickly we got Watch Dogs on [PS4], and it looks good, and we're happy with the performance and that's a good sign, and we're able to push the immersion level and interactivity of our game instead of trying to get things to work."

The best part... no more word.

mutantclown said:
Turkish said:
"If you have a lot of memory but it's very, very slow, it's not as useful," he said."

Thank god for GDDR5 right?

If god translates to Sony in your sentence, then yeah.

Kaz hired God as one of his first acts as Sony CEO

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers